• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Fredrik Ljungberg

fabo

6.51 / 10
Re: Ljungberg back on loan in January?

Cana was the one - absolute bargain at the price.

Melo also is a very good player but more suited to the roles ahead of the holding player in our system as opposed to being competition for Song. My guess is Wenger would have shifted Denilson as Song's competition had we bought him.

Tymoschuk is a player I always liked. At Bayern now but is a real leader and enforcer in the middle. Covers every blade of grass aswell and is fantastic in an attacking team facing counter-attacks like us.

As for Freddie, there's no truth in that surely.

MAK 14

Established Member

I'm not sure if this would be a great deal for us - Ljungberg is past it in my opinion, and i can't see what he would offer us when he plays. However, i wouldn't mind in him coming back purely for a coaching role, might be good for the younger ones in the team.

fabo

6.51 / 10

What would they learn from him...'how to run onto Bergkamp's passes'...might aswell get DB10 back aswell....:wink:

KY

Established Member

Viking said:
poundit.gif

:D Gosh, That really made my day. Hilarious stuff Viking...

progman07

Established Member

truth_hurts said:
Wide forward is probably our most overstocked area of the squad.

That's untrue. :) We have Theo there, who is quite natural, but he should be no more than a substitution until he steps up. Then come Bendtner and Eboue, who are anything but wingers, they are makeshift options because we lack a decent backup.

We don't have too much quality, nor too much depth there, really.

On topic, Ljungberg won't play for us, I'm sure. Wenger wouldn't have let him go if he thought Freddy could be still useful for us.

otfgoon

Established Member

I'd take Arshavin, Eduardo, Theo, Nic, Vela, Wilshere, Eboue and even Diaby over Ljungberg.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu

He was utterly poor in his last season here...

Klaus Daimler

Established Member

kamikaze80 said:
relax, it's obviously just agent talk.
Doesn't look that way though. His agent (who has a close relationship to this particular paper) has confirmed that Freddie was in London this week to discuss with a club, but chosed not to comment whether it was Arsenal or not.

He'll probably just train and perhaps play the occasional FA cup and/or CC game if he signs, but the deal as such appears to be real.

Captain

Established Member

Ridiculous rumour, but if we were considering this sort of thing, I'd take Beckham every time.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless

progman07 said:
truth_hurts said:

That's untrue. :) We have Theo there, who is quite natural, but he should be no more than a substitution until he steps up. Then come Bendtner and Eboue, who are anything but wingers, they are makeshift options because we lack a decent backup.

On topic, Ljungberg won't play for us, I'm sure. Wenger wouldn't have let him go if he thought Freddy could be still useful for us.

Theo, Vela, Arshavin and wilshere are pretty natural. Then we have the likes of Nik, RVP, Eduardo and Eboue who have played there plus Nasri and Diaby who could. Thats a lot of options for 2 positions don't you think? Its debateable how much quality we have there but I don't Fredddie would add much to it.

progman07

Established Member

truth_hurts said:
progman07 said:
truth_hurts said:

Theo, Vela, Arshavin and wilshere are pretty natural. Then we have the likes of Nik, RVP, Eduardo and Eboue who have played there plus Nasri and Diaby who could. Thats a lot of options for 2 positions don't you think? Its debateable how much quality we have there but I don't Fredddie would add much to it.
I thought you were talking about the right wing, sorry.

WIlshere is natural, but won't play.
Vela is natural, but won't play.
Theo is natural, but not good enough for a starting position yet.
Arshavin is natural and great quality.

So it's 1 from the 4, who should play and who Wenger will play.

RvP won't play there, you have seen Bendtner, Eduardo and him in the same lineup, and RvP was the main striker.
Eduardo should play up front.
Bendtner should play up front.
Eboue should play at right back.
Diaby shouldn't play at all, but if we really want to push him in, he's a CM.

Lot's of options, but not many are realistic, and most shouldn't play there. It's like having CB options as Silvestre, and Senderos - they make up numbers, but not good enough (Senderos debatable, I like him, but he is fragile mentally).

Of course, Ljungberg wouldn't improve on the team at all, so I'm not making a case for him. I don't want him as a player.

ricky1985

Established Member

Not read any of this thread, but would just like to say no, no way in hell, never, not in a million years.

kamikaze80

Established Member

wenger let bobby pires go over one year on the proposed contract, and bobby back then, as slow as he had gotten, was probably quicker and in better fitness than freddie is now.

and bobby is a better footballer and a more important figure in the dressing room. he's as beloved at villarreal by the players and supporters as he is here, because the guy is a total class act and an inspiration.

freddie's a great guy and i'm sure we miss having someone playing ABBA before matches, but if wenger didnt want to keep bobby's experience and character, then i don't see why/how he'd want to bring freddie back.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member

We wanted to keep Pires. He didn't felt like staying after the Champions League final.

thegame24

Established Member

he wanted 2 year contract we offered 1, same with wiltord, supid mistakes really.

fabo

6.51 / 10

Klaus Daimler said:
We wanted to keep Pires. He didn't felt like staying after the Champions League final.

That was a tough pill for him to swallow in Paris in front of all his folks.

What a player though, technically just superb. Liked Freddie too but Bobby was just a far superior player.

Arsenal Quotes

To all the Arsenal lovers:
Take care of the values of the club. My love and support forever.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom