• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Free Transfer List - Winter 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

raidersoftheark

Established Member
Re: Free Transfers in the Prem

tam1886 said:
Foster wouldn't come here. He's bored and feels undervalued at United so I don't know why he'd come here. Cudicini would take up too much in wages to be a second choice. I reckon he might actually want to play some football before he gets too old as well, he can't chase the money in this climate.

f**k Campbell too. I hope they all the foreign clubs pass on him now, teach the **** a lesson.

Cudicini would be second choice for all of 2 months before Manny gets demoted. The Italian is a comfortably better goalkeeper.

tam1886

Established Member

USArsenal said:
so, as i said, there really isnt anyone on that list that could make me drool...
Yeah, there's a reason most of them haven't been tied down to long term deals.

I don't know what it is, but I could never want someone like Mikel or Ballack to play for Arsenal, despite knowing we'd probably be a better team for it.

raidersoftheark said:
Cudicini would be second choice for all of 2 months before Manny gets demoted. The Italian is a comfortably better goalkeeper.
Was a better goalie than him. It's been that long since he's played that I doubt even he knows how good he is any more.

Shadow Moses

Established Member

raidersoftheark said:
Shame really. Considered to be one of the best goalies before Cech came in. He decided to sit on his arse and take the money. Waste of talent.

raidersoftheark

Established Member

On another note, Portsmouth look really ****ed. I didn't know they were that broke.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu

Cudicini was brilliant in the past. Foster would be good for us, maybe better than Almunia in a short time.

Theres no confirmation about this players contracts anyway

qs

Established Member

Whats the deal with Fosters injuries now? Is he completely ****ed. Looked like he was set to be a real star, terrible when injuries hit players so young.

arsmile

Established Member

god knows how much money we must have spent on rosicky's treatment in the last 2 years- surely we wont do all that to have him walk out and some other club benefit from it...we will probably give him until the end of the season to show he can play at all again, and offer him one year and hope he stays loyal. And i thought eboue signed last year as well.

qs

Established Member

I imagine Rosicky will be offered a reduced salary. If he has any respect for the club and the fans he'll take it.

Zico

Established Member

The end of Rosicky's contract cannot come soon enough. Time to cut him. I am not even worried about the club appearing to lack loyalty. This chap made a lot of money sitting in the stands these past three years.

As for the majority of players on that list... there's a reason their teams are allowing their contracts to expire.

kamikaze80

Established Member

all of those players are either past it or suck. the only two i'd be interested in are ballack and mikel. but i dont watch them enough to be able to say how much ballack has left (and whether it would justify his wages) and how much better mikel is compared to song.

also, with webster, you need to expand the list to include any player who's gone 3 yrs without renegotiating their deal, no? [i realise we technically can't approach them but teams technically can't tap players up, either, but they do it all the time, anyway]

Zico

Established Member

Kamikaze, good point. As I wrote under the 'Financial Prudence' thread, those types of players are going to be real bargains. We will see a lot of teams just eager to reduce their wage bills during the next two transfer windows. It will be a chance for Arsenal to get some good players on the cheap.

tam1886

Established Member

Straying off topic here, but I think the Webster rule is bullshit. Andy Webster went down that route because of some extreme circumstances, and it wasn't something he did lightly just to move because he was tired at Hearts or wanted a bigger pay packet, but that's exactly what the rule is going to allow players to do now.

I think that if a player wants to move using that rule, the club can make it awkward and take it through the courts, but I reckon more often than not they'll give in and allow the transfer just to avoid the lengthy court case, and the distraction and cost it would bring. It's not right, and I think it should only be used in extreme cases where there is a fundamental problem between the player and club/manager which can't be resolved, as was the case with Webster against Hearts. It's a bullshit ruling to open it up in the way the overlords of football have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I often relive those 49 undefeated matches. I do believe in signs to a certain extent, and as I was born in 1949, I sometimes tell myself it was our destiny to lose the 50th. Those 49 matches are etched within me and within each player: it is something fundamental, a triumph born out of passion.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom