• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Free Transfer List - Winter 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jbruin

Established Member
Re: Free Transfers

We should be having a serious look at Farfan as well, quality winger.

Bossa

Established Member

jmsmtthw28 said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VulQ5pVk01U" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Henry back in an Arsenal on a six month loan

Thierry at 34 is still better than 95% of the strikers in the EPL. He's still top fit and sharp judging from that clip. Give this man a 4 month loan deal Wenger.

Floating

Established Member

Bossa said:
jmsmtthw28 said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VulQ5pVk01U" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Henry back in an Arsenal on a six month loan

Thierry at 34 is still better than 95% of the strikers in the EPL. He's still top fit and sharp judging from that clip. Give this man a 4 month loan deal Wenger.

We need a ready-made striker who can play CF or on the wing and score goals. Henry fits the bill massively. I think I might tear up if I saw him in the Arsenal shirt again. :eek:ops:

Glovegun

Established Member

Nah, I don't want him back. I'd rather remember him as the class player he was, I doubt he's got the legs for the Premiership anymore. Looking at the goals he's scored over the other side of the pond the defending looks atrocious, Championship level.

fabo

6.51 / 10

Agreed, don't want Henry hurting his great goalscoring record at this stage of his career.

How about we stop being so tight, and buy a quality forward to throw a spanner in the works, right now we have 3 players as nailed-on starters in our front 3, 2 of which have been patchy at best(I think Theo's been worse than Gervinho). There's little or no competition.

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"

What about OZ player of the year Brett Holman? 27, very experienced Dutch league player, versatile attacking player, good attitude, European and International experience. Contract ends at the end of the season. Think he'll go to the EPL (would make sense, good signing for about any club, right league for him too). AZ would be tempted to sell him this transferwindow.

Cudareli

Antonio Valencia stan

clockwork orange said:
What about OZ player of the year Brett Holman? 27, very experienced Dutch league player, versatile attacking player, good attitude, European and International experience. Contract ends at the end of the season. Think he'll go to the EPL (would make sense, good signing for about any club, right league for him too). AZ would be tempted to sell him this transferwindow.

Can not believe i have just seen this on an Arsenal forum. I never thought i would see the day that someone would recomend Brett Holman as a potential signing.

Other then his workrate, he is a poor player.

AFC-Phil

Established Member

De Rossi is certainly a good option that would fit in well to our system. He would be a able to slot into the DB2B role in midfield without a lot of difficulty IMO. That said, he would need time to adapt to a new league/country and his wage demands wouldn't be overly appealing either.

It would make our midfield seem a hell of a lot stronger though. To think that Song would probably be on the bench, would be indicative of our strength in the middle of the pitch.

IIRC, Sorensen's contract will also expire in the summer, and with the potential departures of Almunia/Fabianski/Mannone, he'd be a great back-up option to have a look at.

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"

Cudareli said:
clockwork orange said:

Can not believe i have just seen this on an Arsenal forum. I never thought i would see the day that someone would recomend Brett Holman as a potential signing.

Never suggested we should sign him. (didn't know this thread was only for Arsenal targets)

Cudareli

Antonio Valencia stan

clockwork orange said:
Cudareli said:
clockwork orange said:

Never suggested we should sign him. (didn't know this thread was only for Arsenal targets)

Sorry, i missread what you were saying.

Although Holman has improved a lot recently, there was a time when he was a woeful player and i still struggle to look past that. His final ball is more frustrating then Gervinho's.

Arsenal in Aus

Holman's improvement over the last year or so has brought him to a point where he would fit well into a low-table EPL side. He's now very important for the national team, a standout performer esp with Cahill often unavailable. Nowhere near Arsenal standard of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I don’t look at the passport of people; I look at their quality and their attitude.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom