• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

French Football - Season 17/18

BobP

Memri Fan
Alassane Plea has been linked to the likes of West Ham, Newcastle, Burnley, Everton, Leicester, Bournemouth, Gladbach, and Valencia. I'm sure I've forgotten a few others.

Can see him fitting in well at a Newcastle, Burnley, or Gladbach.

The Burnley strike force is made up exclusively of physical strikers such as Vokes, Wood, and Barnes. Plea could add something a bit different there.

Newcastle and Gladbach are lacking upfront. Gladbach have very little beyond Stindl and Raffael. Newcastle's problems upfront are well documented.

Leicester have been going through strikers like they're nothing. They continue to rely on the title winning partnership of Okazaki and Vardy. Puel and Plea do have a good relationship though.

Bournemouth are probably in the same category as Leicester, continue to rely on King and Wilson

West Ham and Everton are basket cases.

Valencia are probably a step above, as both Rodrigo and Zaza have done well this season.

At the end of the day however, it will come down to money.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

PSG defeat Monaco 7-1 to reclaim Ligue 1. Last season a distant memory, now we're back to PSG just waltzing the league which is sad to see but that's just how these things work.

CanadianGooner1608

Yes that all what they can do they'll have to outsmart PSG with the spending to win the title.
Well we already know Monaco pocketed around 300M last summer between the sales of Mbappé, Mendy, Bakayoko, Bernardo Silva. All the while spent around what? 60M?

This summer they are probably losing Lemar, Fabinho, maybe Falcao and Lopes.
Should be another 200M if they maintain Lemar's price tag at 90M.

They could spend, but they don't. It frustrates me.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Well we already know Monaco pocketed around 300M last summer between the sales of Mbappé, Mendy, Bakayoko, Bernardo Silva. All the while spent around what? 60M?

This summer they are probably losing Lemar, Fabinho, maybe Falcao and Lopes.
Should be another 200M if they maintain Lemar's price tag at 90M.

They could spend, but they don't. It frustrates me.
Agreed they got like at least 200-300M to spend also any player will be attracted to move Monaco

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Ligue 1 back to being predictable again. Funny how they won yesterday without Neymar and Mbappe, though. Spend all that money on them and didn't even need them. Neymar has been acting like a spoiled, little c*nt, though, and hasn't even delivered. Got rested a lot during the season, everyone had to accommodate to make him the star of the team, but doesn't seem up for it. He wasn't even in Paris last night to celebrate with his team, but chilling in Brazil.

Emery doing a good job, though, don't think he can be blamed much for their misfortunes in Europe. They lack backbone at crucial times: Thiago Silva isn't Sergio Ramos and Cavani isn't Ronaldo.

Think their next manager, whoever it is, will face similar struggles. Would still like to see Emery here, very sensible and pragmatic manager.

BobP

Memri Fan
Nice looking well placed to secure 5th place which is a good finish all things considered.

Under Puel they had a habit of dropping off pretty badly after a season of overachieving.

It's been a pretty torrid season with the sale of key players, inadequate replacements, injuries, and poor form. Think they were in the relegation zone at one stage so to come back from there is quite impressive and is demonstrative of Favre's mental fortitude, something which has been questioned in the past.

They'll probably lose Plea and Baloteli now.

skolive03

Hi everybody, I'm a french fan of OM, and I'm looking for just ONE ticket for the final of EL in Lyon on May 16th ! My favourite club and Atletico's one will receive only 11000 tikets each for this game in 60000 stadium (UEFA = MAFIA !)
If you have some tracks to find one, I'll be happy !

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Memphis Depay, take a bow! Scored a cool hattrick to secure Lyon's CL place.
Marseille were already 1 up when Plea drew first blood against Lyon, so they had to win no matter what and eventually they came through.
What a fantastic first season for this guy in France with 19 goals and 13 assists.

Last edited:

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Great to see Vieira appointed to Nice. Will take a keen interest in them this season.

Really hope he does well there. Would love to see him managing Arsenal soon.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art.
When you read some books they are fantastic, the writer touches something in you that you know you would not have brought out of yourself. He makes you discover something interesting in your life.
If you are living like an animal, what is the point of living? What makes daily life interesting is that we try to transform it to something that is close to art. And football is like that.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom