• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Friendly | Arsenal vs Lazio | Sat Aug. 4 - 19.00 BST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
A bit disappointed that Guendouzi starts on the bench but if it means that he starts against city then I couldn’t be happier
Matteo started all our games in preseason we need to ease up on him. Against city it'll be midfield 3 of Torreira Xhaka Ramsey I guess

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

I think it shows a lot of faith in AMN that after Wenger, Emery also trusts him to play multiple positions for him. Maybe not the best for his development but it shows a lot of maturity.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I think it shows a lot of faith in AMN that after Wenger, Emery also trusts him to play multiple positions for him. Maybe not the best for his development but it shows a lot of maturity.

Something we're more or less forced into right now but I have more trust in him there than Kolasinac for sure.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Lacazette will never play on the wing so you don’t have to worry about that.

Why would Lacazette never play on the wing? He actually played as a winger full time in his first few seasons at Lyon before being converted to a striker after Lisandro Lopez left the club. He's also played on the wing for France.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Why would Lacazette never play on the wing? He actually played as a winger full time in his first few seasons at Lyon before being converted to a striker after Lisandro Lopez left the club. He's also played on the wing for France.

Square peg round hole. Why would you play a striker on the wing? Its like saying Henry started his career on the wing so when he became a very good striker we should've just put him out there to accommodate for others. No. Utilise him in his best position or sell him.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

He’s not that player anymore.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Looks like a 4-4-2 to me.

Leno
Lichtsteiner - Chambers - Holding - AMN
Nelson - Torreira - Xhaka - Iwobi
Lacazette - Nketiah
It's interesting, I expect few of those players to start against City next week. Mainly AMN (because of a lack of other options) and Lacazette, with maybe Torreira or Xhaka depending on how ready they look.

Funny, I saw it as Emery's usual 4-2-3-1.

Leno
Lichtsteiner - Chambers - Holding - AMN
Torreira - Xhaka
Nelson - Iwobi - Nketiah
Lacazette​

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Square peg round hole. Why would you play a striker on the wing? Its like saying Henry started his career on the wing so when he became a very good striker we should've just put him out there to accommodate for others. No. Utilise him in his best position or sell him.

Why wouldn't you be flexible and prepared to utilize a player in a different way in a particular situation? Sometimes I think some of you guys can't move past plugging in a fantasy football lineup. Just because you might not want to play a guy there all the time doesn't mean you have to completely rule out ever using him in that position. I'd expect Chambers to mostly play as a central defender. That doesn't mean he won't, now and then, play at right back or even as a defensive midfielder if the situation arises.

Thus, to say Lacazette will NEVER play on the wing is shortsighted.

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
our b team structure looking shockingly weak, But interesting to see Eddie getting a start, also i like that we are getting a good look at torreira, and the english back 3 with plenty to show.
delighted if we get a clean sheet.

COYG!

Remember when many on here thought Wenger was Stalin because he didn't value Captain armband that much and wanted to have sharing captaincy?

Wonder if, just because Wenger and Emery are very open about it but other managers not so much, it is still thing at top level in football? Pep, Flopp, Conte and others and all have their main leader and never speak about this, but inside maybe they have similar system?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Don’t be scared to be ambitious. It’s not a humiliation to have a high target and to fail. For me, the real humiliation is to have a target and not to give everything to reach it.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom