Gabriel dos Santos Magalhães

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by Aevi, Feb 24, 2020.

1. Aevi

Aevi #WengerIn Moderator

2. Tom349

Tom349 Well-Known Member

For 25m its a no brainer. I like Upamencano upside more but a from a purely defensive viewpoint I think Gabriel has him covered. Although I would love both.

3. Dutch D

Dutch D Well-Known Member

I don't know him very well, but he seems to have several qualities that we could use. Fits the profile by being left-footed, decent pass (if I look at YouTube), good in the air. More importantly, he seems to actually close down attackers unlike our current crop of defenders who consistently give opposing attackers (looking at you Luiz and Mustafi) too much space to dribble/shoot near our box.

Don't know how good he is at it, though. If it's done in a rash way, one could easily give away fouls or get dribbled past.

Some questions I have for people who have seen him more often:
    Is he fast/agile to recover?
    How is his passing?
    Does he position himself well?

4. Sammy1887

Sammy1887 New Year, Same Hate For Reed

Looks like a young Van Dijk.

5. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

People will need to forget about Upamecano guy is going to Bayern Munich. We look more serious about this guy but first we'll need to sell some of our cb's get rid of Mustafi and Sokratis get this guy we'll have a decent back line. Mari (if he turn out a good cb) Luiz Saliba and Gabriel.

6. Zaza

Zaza Well-Known Member

Yep better than Upamecano to me. I want this guy or Pau Torres.
    Hopefully we sell Sokratis, Mustafi and one of Chambers/Holding.

7. TornadoTed

TornadoTed Well-Known Member

I wouldn't mind if we sold both of Chambers and Holding as well as Mustafi and Sokratis.

Gabriel and Mira on the left side
    Luiz and Saliba on the right side

Mavraponos and Medley as backup.

We could have much better balance in central defence and even potentially make a profit to spend elsewhere in the team.

Wagwaan and tap-in like this.
  8. say yes

say yes To Sweet Soulful House Music

Brazilian defender called Gabriel?

Not for me, Clive.

9. tap-in

tap-in Nothing Wrong With Me

I agree, Chambers is never going to be a top CB and Holding looks to be over before he's really started. I like Medley and expected to see him in Cup games this season, especially with the CB issues we've had. Mustafi is doing a good job of improving his value so we could get offers in the summer.

Wagwaan likes this.
  10. Eduardo_da_Silva

Eduardo_da_Silva Well-Known Member

He was at Dinamo Zagreb B team and they decided not to buy him. Talk about big mistakes.

James Bond and yybecause like this.
  11. Idiotologue

Idiotologue Well-Known Member

I have him as one of my candidates for the left-footed CB spot. Pretty much my second choice after Nathan Aké. Looked very solid in what I've seen of him - good height and decent athleticism, good tackler, able to play a long ball.

12. senna

senna Active Member

Recovery pace is Gabriel's biggest weakness, but passing range, physicality and positioning are all top notch & for £30m its well worth it.

13. Aevi

Aevi #WengerIn Moderator

Seeing how we got pushed into big money for Pepe off of primarily one good season, I wouldn't be surprised if Lille asked for an exorbitant amount here too. Bit quizzical.

14. grange

grange Well-Known Member

He has 4 names and 3 of them trigger me

15. senna

senna Active Member

16. L3T5 PL4Y

L3T5 PL4Y Flair Accuser

Looks very impressive on the clips. Specially looks extremely strong yet with concentrated presence and confident.

17. DanDare

DanDare Emoji Merchant

It won't be us

GDeep™ likes this.
  18. L3T5 PL4Y

L3T5 PL4Y Flair Accuser

Linked to Juventus.

19. benjamin86

benjamin86 Well-Known Member

Would he even be a starter when they already have Demiral and De Ligt in the same age group, Rugani as backup and Cheillini and Bonucci as the older statesman?

20. L3T5 PL4Y

L3T5 PL4Y Flair Accuser

Demiral did his ACL, De Ligt hasn't hit the same expectations, Bonnucci is past it I think and Chiellini is on his last legs. Rugani hasn't really hit the heights expected either.

But latest is his Gabriel is apparently close to Everton for 30.