• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel dos Santos Magalhães

Do you think Gabriel will end up signing for Arsenal?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Raul signed the players. Emery even wanted to keep Ramsey.

So your hatred for Raul runs so deep that you defend Emery? Excellent, son. Fancy joining the Submarines this coming season? Coquelin and Kubo on the way in, Pau Torres on the way out though.

GDeep™

League is very weak
So your hatred for Raul runs so deep that you defend Emery? Excellent, son. Fancy joining the Submarines this coming season? Coquelin and Kubo on the way in, Pau Torres on the way out though.

I rate Raul for getting my boy Arteta, don’t hate Raul at all. But anyone who finishes 8th with Arsenal after spending a record breaking amount of money is a bum. He’s then balls deep in Kia and giving 4 year contracts to 30 year olds like Cedric and 32 year olds like Willian.

All very questionable.

UpTheGunnerz

I rate Raul for getting my boy Arteta, don’t hate Raul at all. But anyone who finishes 8th with Arsenal after spending a record breaking amount of money is a bum. He’s then balls deep in Kia and giving 4 year contracts to 30 year olds like Cedric and 32 year olds like Willian.

All very questionable.

I dont see it being that easy. We have lacked a winning mentality and culture for years. This was bound to happen, i reckon. Not being able to ship off the deadwood, Özil situation, yadda yadda. Lot of bits and pieces. Would pin all that on Raul, as i rate most of the signings he made.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I dont see it being that easy. We have lacked a winning mentality and culture for years. This was bound to happen, i reckon. Not being able to ship off the deadwood, Özil situation, yadda yadda. Lot of bits and pieces. Would pin all that on Raul, as i rate most of the signings he made.
Luiz made mistakes all season, Dani started performing in July. This has nothing to do with culture of mentality.

Had he signed a top CB and CM we would be 4th now I think.

Don’t forget, this was against weak rivals, City lost 10 games, Chelsea couldn’t spend, Utd are managed by the worst manager in the PL, Sp**s had their issues.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚

Eh, winning culture is as simple as hiring the right manager, tbh.

Truth is the transition from Wenger to the next manager was shambolic, and that's absolutely on the people in charge of the club, ie Raúl and Gazidis. We declined to levels we haven't seen for decades in the past two years in terms of performance, so to criticise them is definitely right, and that's not down to changing winning culture, because things got tangibly much worse after Wenger.

You can spin it that Raúl wanted Arteta and Gazidis convinced him otherwise, but I tend to believe that the decision was indeed unanimous.

So yeah, he should be criticised, but as I just said in another thread the net gain can be positive now that he's stumbled upon Arteta. He's (Raúl) not a man whose vision I trust without a manager to guide him, but thanks to Gazidis leaving (biggest blessing ever) and Raúl at least modernising the club's approach (sacking managers due to poor results, adapting to modern transfer market), the net gain can be positive.

UpTheGunnerz

Luiz made mistakes all season, Dani started performing in July. This has nothing to do with culture of mentality.

Had he signed a top CB and CM we would be 4th now I think.

Don’t forget, this was against weak rivals, City lost 10 games, Chelsea couldn’t spend, Utd are managed by the worst manager in the PL, Sp**s had their issues.

Reckon the defence could be exempt from a lot of their errors because of the weak midfield tbh. Fair enough on Ceballos, but he wasnt really a starter for the first half of the season, not until covid break really?

I think it does have with culture of mentality. We **** our pants way too often in big games due to lack of leadership. Honestly think Luiz have helped with that bit, even if i wont argue with you giving him an F as a grade for the season as a whole.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Yes he makes the signings, but it’s not his fault if the manager is an incompetent who can’t get the best out of the players.

Where the team are at the end of the season is mostly on the manager.
Luiz was a bum, Arteta had to build the team around him to get the best out of him. Is that why we signed Luiz? He made mistakes all season, even under Arteta. Dani started playing well in July, what was Emery supposed to do with him. Even under Arteta, Dani was crap until very recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Thierry Henry was very quick at analysing everything that was going on and how he needed to react. This intelligence, this capacity to evaluate, understand and question oneself, is also the mark of great players... For everyone, for the fans and for us, he symbolised the golden age of Arsenal.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom