• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel dos Santos Magalhães

Do you think Gabriel will end up signing for Arsenal?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Manberg

Predator
There's also the fact that our team has a large number of French speakers and Portuguese speakers, like Gabriel himself. From what I've seen of them Lille really cares about the common language angle in their recruitment, so they have a similar case there also, a lot of French speakers and Portuguese speakers in the team.

But Arteta, to my knowledge, doesn’t speak Portuguese. He speaks Spanish, French and English. Will that not make our Brazilian recruitment a problem?

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
But Arteta, to my knowledge, doesn’t speak Portuguese. He speaks Spanish, French and English. Will that not make our Brazilian recruitment a problem?
we have Edu off the field, and Luiz on it - Luiz was given that extension for a reason, surely

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

They do have a point with the Everton stuff though.:lol:

His price tag and how easily we've jumped to the front of the queue does make me nervous. I'm hoping the former is due to Covid and the latter is due to Arteta/Pepe/London.

Apparently Kia has a good relationship with Campos at Lille as well.

Malky

Established Member
So if we get this deal over the line next week, who's the first CB out the door here? Ideally it'll be Sokratis, but think it could be Holding.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Bum squad are guys who hated Wenger, loved Enery, love Raul and Kia, love any crap signing this regime makes. They all loved the Fraser links for example. All were against Arteta.

@yousif_arsenal @field442 @say yes @UpTheGunnerz etc.
Bum squad were creaming themselves over last years transfer window, telling us how a winger like Pepe would take the pressure off our **** defence. :lol::lol: And how a one year loanee from Spain would settle into the Prem really quickly and wouldn't take all year.

Oh look, we're eighth.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

I don't think that's a problem. We have a number of Portuguese speakers at the club

So if we get this deal over the line next week, who's the first CB out the door here? Ideally it'll be Sokratis, but think it could be Holding.
Holding will generate fees, so it will be him.
We can't get rid of Sokratis against his will.
Chambers and Mustafi are injured, and I'd keep them anyway. Mustafi made a massive improvement since Arteta came in.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Arteta speaks at least 4 other languages as far as I know, including Portuguese. He'll be fine.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Apparently Kia has a good relationship with Campos at Lille as well.
We don't need any scouts now, no wonder we've sacked them all.

Kia's come a long way from his Karmaa kick-boxing club in Chalk Farm, London and his car dealership at Greens of Rainham. Probably retire on his yacht soon on the back of Edu and Raul.

nick gould

Spanish and Portuguese are almost similar. It's a bit like Scotland English and the queen's English. In fact, Brazilians speak Portuguese, they were colonised by Portuguese (of the top of my head).

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Life would be so much easier if there was only one language I reckon, lets all agree to discard all the old ones and makes up a new one for the entire planet...no more "English", "French", "Spanish" etc...just "Earth"

Like that episode of South Park were all the people of South Park were all the people from the future came back to take everyone's job, and in the future all the languages have been meshed together into just one :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe one of the best things about managing people is that we can influence lives in a positive way. That’s basically what a manager is about. When I can do that, I am very happy.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom