• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Jesus: Will He Score Again?

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
City have enough squad depth.

You can't compare replacing Foden with Grealish, Dias with Laporte and Haaland with Alvarez to replacing Saliba with Holding, Partey with Elneny and Jesus with Eddie.

Cities bench players walk into almost every other first team in the league.

We needed/need all the cards to fall in our favour to win the league.

At the moment in this world cup we've lost Jesus and White and Tomi seem not in the best of places. Let's hope Haaland injures himself drinking mojitos on the beach although I suspect he's already back in training.
So annoyed at this abomination of a WC. Fact , is we were too thin last year we got 2 or 3 additional ready to play players and a promising Viera. I jeep harping on it but after time and money spent on this project to simply throw away a 5 point lead and let EDDie play and Mo be our first DM off the bench is straight abdication. Stan would be pardon my French, pussing out at that crucial juncture. Whoever refuses to pull the trigger would be botching it

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Honestly, how many matches will GJ miss in all honesty? I'd just seen the draw, be back by mid February I'd say, apart from a few big games vs Sp**s, Man United & City, take out the FA cup vs Oxford I honestly don't think he'll miss too many.

pettr

I don't think we will get another forward as this will mean that we will have 4 players for one position when everyone is fit next season. Best case is we get another wide player who can help with goals and assists.

As for title winning stricker - our is Jesus. Eddie is backup for the moment. Now he has the chance to prove that he can be a decent backup for the next 10 premier league games. If he does not perform, than we can try to replace him. Otherwise why give him a new contract if then you don't give him the chance to prove if he deserves it.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I don't think we will get another forward as this will mean that we will have 4 players for one position when everyone is fit next season. Best case is we get another wide player who can help with goals and assists.

As for title winning stricker - our is Jesus. Eddie is backup for the moment. Now he has the chance to prove that he can be a decent backup for the next 10 premier league games. If he does not perform, than we can try to replace him. Otherwise why give him a new contract if then you don't give him the chance to prove if he deserves it.

The counter argument to that is that we have a chance to win the PL this season, for the first time in nearly 20 years. With a key player injured do you trust the season to a backup or do you try to strengthen?

pettr

The counter argument to that is that we have a chance to win the PL this season, for the first time in nearly 20 years. With a key player injured do you trust the season to a backup or do you try to strengthen?
Your argument is valid, however I just don't believe that we will sign a typical center forward. Don't mind if I am proven wrong. Just feel that another wide player is more realistic option and fits with the medium to long therm strategy of the club.

LG10

Anyone who thinks that we can remain in the titel race with Nketiah as the only CF in the squad until march must be on some strong antidepressants.

Last season we failed to qualify for the Champions League with Eddie up front and Lacazette on the bench , so how the f**k are we going to stay in title race with Eddie up front and 0 other CF's on the bench this time around !? 😂

Go rewatch this seasons away game at Stamford Bridge and ask yourself if Nketiah can dish out a performance like Jesus that day - those kind of games and performances are the reason why we are 5 points clear of City. We won't be in any title race by March with Eddie as the only CF.

We should go after CF 's who can also play as wingers - like João Felix from Atletico Madrid. We shouldn't cheap out now as it didn't work out well for us last time around and missing the Champions League this season would be disastrous.
Did you watch nketiah at the bridge last season? Was definitely on par with Jesus if not better. We didn’t qualify for cl because nketiah wasn’t given a run earlier.

Felix isn’t going to happen. And there’s no guarantee he’d come in and deliver straight away. Trust the system, it’s why we’re top.

GoonerJay24

Wonder why City never seems to lose due to injury crises or Madrid or PSG?

All teams have injuries, but it's rare to have that number. Similarly to Liverpool the season of their title defence in 2020. I think Arsenal 14-15 and 15-16 seasons we had a worser crisis than Liverpool.

Farzad Stoned

All teams have injuries, but it's rare to have that number. Similarly to Liverpool the season of their title defence in 2020. I think Arsenal 14-15 and 15-16 seasons we had a worser crisis than Liverpool.
Right so City and Psg never lose titles to injury, so you see my point

Farzad Stoned

Send links when City were missing 12 players simultaneously? Thanks.
Lfc thin team i don’t need send hypos they don’t spend enough to maintain title challenges for years on end. We are watching it before our eyes. Ps would trade places with them in a minute to have won a European cup and league title in last few years. Lfc makes my point we need to frontload spending snatch a couple major trophies when other big teams have a down year. Just like LFc did.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli

Depends who we go for, a player like Felix can play in all of the front positions and AM. Getting a rigid CF would be a mistake but there's a few versatile players we could get who would take us up a level long term and sort us out short term. Might cost a bomb but I'd pay it to have a genuine shot at the league.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
If we want to be really ambitious we go for Mudryk as we are crying out for another winger to help with the game load. We also convince Atletico & Felix to do a loan for rest of season with option to buy. Cant see both happening but you never know.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
If we want to be really ambitious we go for Mudryk as we are crying out for another winger to help with the game load. We also convince Atletico & Felix to do a loan for rest of season with option to buy. Cant see both happening but you never know.
We need a striker yes or yes. I don't mind going for wingers as well but if we have Nketiah for number 9 for 3 or 4 months we can kiss goodbye to the title and it will be a challenge for top 4.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
We need a striker yes or yes. I don't mind going for wingers as well but if we have Nketiah for number 9 for 3 or 4 months we can kiss goodbye to the title and it will be a challenge for top 4.
I agree with you but unfortunately us fans arent the ones making the decisions.

I just dont see Arteta & Edu buying another striker. They gave Eddie the 5 yr deal on £100 grand pw with the assurance he would get game time & then at the first opportunity he gets, buy someone to play instead of him ?

No. That just ain't gonna happen. They will play Eddie. I'm not anti Eddie but hes not really a top 4 (or even top 6) level player, but we're stuck with him now. If he can contribute to overall gameplay in a similar way to Jesus (but obvs cant do some stuff Jesus can) & chip in with a few goals & the rest of our forwards & MF continue scoring, we might just be ok.

It's a big ask tho. Let's see what happens. You never know, they might suprise us & bring a striker in, but I doubt it.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I agree with you but unfortunately us fans arent the ones making the decisions.

I just dont see Arteta & Edu buying another striker. They gave Eddie the 5 yr deal on £100 grand pw with the assurance he would get game time & then at the first opportunity he gets, buy someone to play instead of him ?

No. That just ain't gonna happen. They will play Eddie. I'm not anti Eddie but hes not really a top 4 (or even top 6) level player, but we're stuck with him now. If he can contribute to overall gameplay in a similar way to Jesus (but obvs cant do some stuff Jesus can) & chip in with a few goals & the rest of our forwards & MF continue scoring, we might just be ok.

It's a big ask tho. Let's see what happens. You never know, they might suprise us & bring a striker in, but I doubt it.
If they go into the busiest part of the season fighting on 2/3 fronts (league, top 4 , EL) with only Eddie it's their own fault if it fails.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
If they go into the busiest part of the season fighting on 2/3 fronts (league, top 4 , EL) with only Eddie it's their own fault if it fails.
Yup ! January will reveal a lot about Arteta & Edu mentality & potentially how ambitious our owners actually are.

Preparing to commit to the hope but bracing myself for the inevitable disappointment.

I just think Arteta is too pragmatic.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Especially since we've had plenty of time now to assess Jesus and obviously have the funds available, only issue I can see is a die hard commitment to the long term squad building overriding any short term first team reinforcement needs.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

If there has been interest in Nketiah in the past and you want to increase his value to potential buyers, a new contract for £5m a year in wages makes complete sense from an asset value perspective. Now you have a guy who can play in the cups and if someone wants him off you he's going to cost upwards of £30m to take off you, so its a win win even if you don't plan on giving him serious minutes.

No new contract and he could have been very cheap or even free to acquire and you'd feel forced to play him to keep him happy.

There's a reason he's been offered £100k and guys like Martinelli and Saka will soon be on £200k.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have always been the club of the people, the streets. Arsenal was one of the first clubs to really have black players, so it did represent the mass of the UK and how London is. I hope people at the club know that and who are they playing for.

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom