• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Jesus: Will He Score Again?

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
Even when he comes back it's gonna take ages for him to get back into form. I'm not expecting much this season tbh. I suppose the hope is when he comes back maybe his style will spark some of the out of form players like Martinelli back into form.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Difficult to say without knowing how he's progressing daily but I personally have earmarked Palace at home on March 19 as a possible return date.
Seems wildly optimistic. We haven't even seen him in full training yet. You'd have to think that it would be at least a week or 2 once we actually see him back in training before he gets some time for the reserves and then at least a couple of appearances there before maybe he has half an hour or so of availability for us off the bench. I'll be surprised if we see him by early April unless he returns to full training in the next week or so. We don't even know if he's allowed to run without restrictions yet. There's an enormous gap between that and having the fitness to impact football matches at the highest level.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Why are people writing off Jesus season ? Xhaka had the same injury and was playing after 2 months. I expect him back mid march. Still a lot of games to regain match fitness ,sharpness ,etc and make a difference.
Even if he is back 1st April (or to match sharpness), there are 10 games to play in EPL.

It's not like he has forgot all his football skills suddenly. It will take some time for match sharpness yeah, but surely that will be like max. a month.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Even if he is back 1st April (or to match sharpness), there are 10 games to play in EPL.

It's not like he has forgot all his football skills suddenly. It will take some time for match sharpness yeah, but surely that will be like max. a month.
He should start making sub appearances from the middle of March. That could be enough to give Nketiah a breather, or turn the tide in matches where things are not going for us.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Just 20 minutes at the end of a match would elevate our level and when he's fit to start, we might not end up chasing a game because he'll push the opposition back. He's a fab all rounder abd for what he's added already, I hope he's back soon so that he feels a real part of our (pray) title win

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
We've got 5 league games before the international break, 3 of them at home and 4 of them against bottom half clubs you'd expect us to beat. If we can get through these next 5 he should be ready after the international break. He might even be fit enough to make a few sub appearances before then. There's a reserve game during the international break that he could probably play in and the club might arrange a behind closed doors game as well.

Gn1212

People talking about April and the end of the season? Why?

He was working with the ball 2-3 weeks ago and from what little Arteta has let on, they're moreso trying to respect certain timelines.
To me that sounds like he must be in pretty good shape as well, probably better than they expected, but they don't want to risk it.

Arteta grouped him with Nelson and Emile Smith Rowe in terms of recovery and they were both available last match

Unless there have been complications we don't know about he will be training with the boys soon.

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
Why are people writing off Jesus season ? Xhaka had the same injury and was playing after 2 months. I expect him back mid march. Still a lot of games to regain match fitness ,sharpness ,etc and make a difference.
Is it really the same injury?

Gn1212

Is it really the same injury?
Yes. Xhaka was back within 70 days I believe.

I think Jesus is in that timeframe himself right now.
The big catch is Xhaka and Jesus are not the same players. Xhaka was never particularly known for his mobility. Jesus is, as well as being one of the most aggressive players in our team.

Reactions: Xln

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
People talking about April and the end of the season? Why?

He was working with the ball 2-3 weeks ago and from what little Arteta has let on, they're moreso trying to respect certain timelines.
To me that sounds like he must be in pretty good shape as well, probably better than they expected, but they don't want to risk it.

Arteta grouped him with Nelson and Emile Smith Rowe in terms of recovery and they were both available last match

Unless there have been complications we don't know about he will be training with the boys soon.
Doing individual work with the ball doesn't mean anything. You can work with the ball before you're cleared to jog or run. For all we know that means some light passing and keep ups. There's nothing to indicate that his return is imminent and any speculation before you see him in some photos training normally with his teammates is probably going to be inaccurate. He didn't group him with Nelson and Smith-Rowe because they're at the same point in their recoveries. He grouped him with them because the only other injury is to Elnenny who is out for the season while Jesus should be available again this season. ESR has only been injured again for a short period and had already completed a full recovery prior. Nelson has been back in training for weeks. Jesus is coming off of a major surgery for which the recovery isn't complete hence the comment about needing to focus on strengthening the knee, he's not on their timetable. Once they say he's back in full training then a more accurate prediction of a return date can be made. Until then there's nothing concrete to go on.

Gn1212

Because of the international break mid to late March. He won't be back before then.
He'll be back before that.

Totally forgot about the international break, I was thinking that could be handy for us but nowadays most of our players are getting called up. We're probably looking at minimum 14 players going away with their national team.

WiscoGooner8

Cbs Agree GIF by Paramount+
Hilarious. But about half the people commenting on it said he wasn’t good enough because he wasn’t finishing chances.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Hilarious. But about half the people commenting on it said he wasn’t good enough because he wasn’t finishing chances.
Okay, haven’t seen much of that either. But good for you for having such foresight! Jesus was only one of the best attackers in EPL until his injury.

WiscoGooner8

Okay, haven’t seen much of that either. But good for you for having such foresight! Jesus was only one of the best attackers in EPL until his injury.
There’s not much of it now that he’s out and our attack has suffered. It was more so before the World Cup when he was on a goal drought and people were calling for him to be replaced.

Arsenal Quotes

If you eat caviar everyday, it's difficult to return to sausages

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom