• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Martinelli: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Loving him atm. The best young forward I've seen here since Anelka but I don't want to go overboard. He deserves more starts but we have to manage his minutes at his age if only to reduce the risk of injury.

Gunner-Union

Our wingers are all predictable either cutting in or check back, both Pepe and nelli have great pace go on the outside sometimes and run at the full back and learn to use your other foot to cross ffs.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I honestly don't understand how managers see him as a winger.
Some of the basic traits of a good winger are the ability to take people on and clean technique which he doesn't have, the ball is bouncing from him like he has a brick instead of a foot.
The things that I do see in him is the ability to create space for himself when shooting, good shooting technique, composure in the box and willingness to attack the cross, all qualities for a good striker.

Would like to hear some good explanation why do we play a striker that can't score even the simplest of chances, why do we play Martinelli on the wing instead of benching the out of form striker and why is our best and most expensive winger sitting on the bench.

Absolute poverty from top to bottom what this club is doing. Some of the most ridiculous management on multiple levels you will ever find in sport.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I honestly don't understand how managers see him as a winger.
Some of the basic traits of a good winger are the ability to take people on and clean technique which he doesn't have, the ball is bouncing from him like he has a brick instead of a foot.
The things that I do see in him is the ability to create space for himself when shooting, good shooting technique, composure in the box and willingness to attack the cross, all qualities for a good striker.

Would like to hear some good explanation why do we play a striker that can't score even the simplest of chances, why do we play Martinelli on the wing instead of benching the out of form striker and why is our best and most expensive winger sitting on the bench.

Absolute poverty from top to bottom what this club is doing. Some of the most ridiculous management on multiple levels you will ever find in sport.

Even at this stage of his career, he's scored some of the most incredible headers I've ever seen.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I'm glad one or two are finally acknowledging this kid can't dribble.

I mean it’s not a showstopper. Sancho isn’t a great dribbler either but his link up play and movement compensates.

On the flip side, Pepe attempts and completes many more dribbles but is much less dangerous with his movement and link up.

Martinelli can do a job on the wing. But I maintain it’s a phenomenal waste of his goalscoring instincts. He also needs an overlapping full back like Saka doing the actual wide play so he can cut inside so why not just get a proper winger?

His sharpness in the box and finishing is not something we should be taking for granted.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
I mean it’s not a showstopper. Sancho isn’t a great dribbler either but his link up play and movement compensates.

On the flip side, Pepe attempts and completes many more dribbles but is much less dangerous with his movement and link up.

Martinelli can do a job on the wing. But I maintain it’s a phenomenal waste of his goalscoring instincts. He also needs an overlapping full back like Saka doing the actual wide play so he can cut inside so why not just get a proper winger?

His sharpness in the box and finishing is not something we should be taking for granted.
I agree, he can be a top striker. He just lacks a bit to be a "winger".

baccy_man

Established Member
Loving him atm. The best young forward I've seen here since Anelka but I don't want to go overboard. He deserves more starts but we have to manage his minutes at his age if only to reduce the risk of injury.
I also think that we have to control how much he is playing the way he plays he is running around a lot and if he keeps playing like he is there is a risk that he is going to burn himself out in a few years.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Poor game today, on both wings. He was poor on the ball. Hoping it's a one off and not a reality check.
It kind of goes to show you how out of touch certain segments of a fan base can be when a teenager who was playing in a league that isn't even MLS level this time last season has his first bad game in our shirt and it's somehow even a point of discussion. Young players have poor performances. He looked exhausted from kickoff today as you would imagine a sensible person might expect for a teenager who has played more football at a higher level than at any stage of his life in the last month.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Next season I would look for a loan where he could play and develop at CF every week. A German club could be a good fit.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I also think that we have to control how much he is playing the way he plays he is running around a lot and if he keeps playing like he is there is a risk that he is going to burn himself out in a few years.
I see shades of Alexis in his style but as he's young, we don't want him to end up like Wilshere.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Why would Laca leave? Think Arteta will keep him around, top clubs rarely lose two starting strikers. Even Auba might stay if he extends, if not we’ll sign a replacement.
If they dont extend they will be gone, the club can't afford anymore players walking out on a free. This summer is going to be critical, HUGE clear out needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A fan and a supporter behaves in different ways and what we have experienced in the last two games is pretty unique and is related to our history

Mikel Arteta
Top Bottom