• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Martinelli: Dogged and Determined

CannonBals

Despite not being consistently as good he was last season, Martinelli should be in line to be the PFA team of the season at LW at present.

For me the LW position doesn't have the quality of competition for the spot as the RW (Salah, Saka and Folden).

Martinelli has been better than Doku, Diaz (both overrated), Rashford (having disappointing season after last) and McGinn/ Ramsey.

Only Paqueta (missed numerous games through injury) and Jota (sub impact player who is better than Diaz) are giving Martinelli competition for the LW spot present.

Knowing the media though they squeeze in some who like Saka, Folden and Son into the PFA spot.

Son is better. But he has also been playing CF. But apart from Son no one is ahead of him in PL atleast.
He is very difficult to upgrade on. Even the AM darling Leao is not an upgrade. Different player but Martinelli more impactful.
Vini, Mbappe, Son, Kvara(?) are the only sure upgrades around

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Son is better. But he has also been playing CF. But apart from Son no one is ahead of him in PL atleast.
He is very difficult to upgrade on. Even the AM darling Leao is not an upgrade. Different player but Martinelli more impactful.
Vini, Mbappe, Son, Kvara(?) are the only sure upgrades around

Son is last best LW last season, however he played vast majority of games as a striker this season. So I wouldn't put Son in the LW spot contention but the media probably would.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Knowing the media though they squeeze in some who like Saka, Folden and Son into the PFA spot.
As they should :lol:

PFA team of the years aren't strictly formation based. Why put in Nelli who's having an off season just because he's a LW at the expense of Saka, Salah and Foden who all deserve to be there? Foden actually plays LW sometimes as well so that's an easy decision.

Also Son was playing quite poorly at CF, before the asia cup he went back to the LW and looked much better. So there's another candidate.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Love him but he's such a baby when he picks up a knock or scrape.

The way he basically had to get carried off you'd think he'd broke his foot 🤣

Glad it's nothing serious anyway. He's a very important player for us.
So you think he should just walk with his foot and risk an injury? Or just show he is not a baby and can handle huge pain? Be a proper man?

Or that he would not be a baby if he was carried off with a stretcher, but now that he jumps with one foot he is a baby?

I don't understand.

TH14shahriar

A gentle soul
So you think he should just walk with his foot and risk an injury? Or just show he is not a baby and can handle huge pain? Be a proper man?

Or that he would not be a baby if he was carried off with a stretcher, but now that he jumps with one foot he is a baby?

I don't understand.

Don't think it's that deep bro

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

I don't understand.

How he likes his player to act when they get a cut...

%2Fmethode%2Ftimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2F9243787e-68d6-11e8-996c-7589300f03c9.jpg

...he's called @Blood on the Tracks for a reason mate!

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
As they should :lol:

PFA team of the years aren't strictly formation based. Why put in Nelli who's having an off season just because he's a LW at the expense of Saka, Salah and Foden who all deserve to be there? Foden actually plays LW sometimes as well so that's an easy decision.

Also Son was playing quite poorly at CF, before the asia cup he went back to the LW and looked much better. So there's another candidate.

I can understanding changing different formations to accommodate the best performers.

However thik wingers are treated differently to other positions. For example if there was several highly quality performing Right backs but no outstanding LBs (which is arguably happening this season), they wouldn't put a RB at LB.

Son
LW GP 10 G 3 A 4
CF: GP 13 G10 A 2

Folden
RW: GP 19, G7, A4
ACM: GP 11, G7, A4
LW: GP 6, G3, A2

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice

I don't understand.

He had a cut foot. I don't think he was at risk of catching sepsis or tearing a ligament not having 2 men carry him off :lol:

2 minutes after he'd come off we had a throw in and you could see him moving about unaided anyway.

He's one of my favourite players but I don't think it's over the top to say he's a bit of a drama queen when it comes to his reactions to getting fouled generally.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I can understanding changing different formations to accommodate the best performers.

However thik wingers are treated differently to other positions. For example if there was several highly quality performing Right backs but no outstanding LBs (which is arguably happening this season), they wouldn't put a RB at LB.

Son
LW GP 10 G 3 A 4
CF: GP 13 G10 A 2

Folden
RW: GP 19, G7, A4
ACM: GP 11, G7, A4
LW: GP 6, G3, A2
No point moaning about this you know. You'll never see a player have an average season and get in just because their positional rivals are poor.

Last year Kane was technically the LW in the team of the year with Saliba at LB :lol:

drippin

He had a cut foot. I don't think he was at risk of catching sepsis or tearing a ligament not having 2 men carry him off :lol:

2 minutes after he'd come off we had a throw in and you could see him moving about unaided anyway.

He's one of my favourite players but I don't think it's over the top to say he's a bit of a drama queen when it comes to his reactions to getting fouled generally.
He was still needing help going down a few stairs, when inside the tunnel when camera showed him kinda accidentally from just the right angle. He couldn't have known he can still be in the camera. So it just can't be being a drama queen. He clearly didn't do it for the cameras.

It's silly to assume that we know how much such a cut can hurt, and he might have thought something is broken if the pain was so high. So wanted to take it safely, unlike in Timber's case for example happened (although different kind of injury).

But yeah, he should be a proper man, not a cry baby, and take silly risks etc. to show off for the cameras.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
What was that technique he used to get that shot off after Saka hit the bar? Looked so weird but super effective.

Ball was almost behind him I think, it was that rapid a rebound and at an awkward height. Looked like he almost hit it with his ankle :lol:

drippin

What was that technique he used to get that shot off after Saka hit the bar? Looked so weird but super effective.
I'd say the closest thing it reminds me is how the ball is hit with the outside of the foot in net footbag.

Arsenal Quotes

Reyes !!!
Stand up for the Champions!

Martin Tyler's commentary after Jose Antonio Reyes (RIP) scores the winner against Middlesborough

Latest posts

Top Bottom