• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Martinelli: Dogged and Determined

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I don't know why people think we need to sign a new LW, I think this kid is ready to be a starter and I don't want to hinder that...we have ESR to back him up anyway.

Use/save the funds for when a new starting CM is spotted, think Gabby will be as good as Saka...our wingers are gonna destroy teams this season!

aryal

No chance? Alexis was at about same point in Serie A playing okay for Udinese. These guys are starters for Arsenal in EPL, especially Saka, at similar age.
Okay maybe it's unfair to say they have no chance, but I'm of the school of thought that players have ceilings. (I.e. an upper potential).

By the time you're about 18, I think a player's upper ceiling is set by their core traits and tendencies. Then the rest of the career is about mastering them and maybe developing a few new traits. But by and large traits are set in by 18ish.

Look at Messi- he was beating players at the age of 13 and he's done that all his career. Look at Fabregas, he had exceptional passing when he burst onto the Arsenal scene at age 16 and that's what his career was about - exceptional passing. He never really became a shooter or someone who could head the ball. So he had a ceiling when it came to shooting and heading.

Similarly, Alexis had the traits to become elite (such as dribbling and ability to beat the man), so he eventually exploited that at arsenal.

I just don't see someone like Saka having elite traits that will allow him to eventually be elite. I think he will just end up as a very very good player.

For example, Saka rarely can whip in a ball from the byline like a tent Arnold does. He passes it back to the center of the pitch to the midfielder and that means the attack down the wing has ended. Having said that, he has great ability to be in the box and a lot of his goals come from inside the box.

He'll be a great player. Just not Alexis levels I think. I just don't see the traits there.

Final example - van perspective was already showing ability to do the unexpected at a v young age. He honed that and became an elite shooter of the ball. Remember those Big crosses where he would volley into the net.

I don't see that elite trait in Saka. if anything I think Martinelli may have it. He may have a higher ceiling than Saka as he is so driven to beat his man. He just needs better end output

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I don't know why people think we need to sign a new LW, I think this kid is ready to be a starter and I don't want to hinder that...we have ESR to back him up anyway.

Use/save the funds for when a new starting CM is spotted, think Gabby will be as good as Saka...our wingers are gonna destroy teams this season!
It's because the club wanted Raphinha, so many of us now think that we have the funds for a winger to replace Pepe.

I'm of the thinking that we need a player that is RW+LW plus possibly ST who can do everything in that order.

Someone like Zaha would fit that role perfectly, but only if he is fine with competing with our youngsters. At a bigger club than Palace.

We need quality depth, and even experience to the team.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Okay maybe it's unfair to say they have no chance, but I'm of the school of thought that players have ceilings. (I.e. an upper potential).

By the time you're about 18, I think a player's upper ceiling is set by their core traits and tendencies. Then the rest of the career is about mastering them and maybe developing a few new traits. But by and large traits are set in by 18ish.

Look at Messi- he was beating players at the age of 13 and he's done that all his career. Look at Fabregas, he had exceptional passing when he burst onto the Arsenal scene at age 16 and that's what his career was about - exceptional passing. He never really became a shooter or someone who could head the ball. So he had a ceiling when it came to shooting and heading.

Similarly, Alexis had the traits to become elite (such as dribbling and ability to beat the man), so he eventually exploited that at arsenal.

I just don't see someone like Saka having elite traits that will allow him to eventually be elite. I think he will just end up as a very very good player.

For example, Saka rarely can whip in a ball from the byline like a tent Arnold does. He passes it back to the center of the pitch to the midfielder and that means the attack down the wing has ended. Having said that, he has great ability to be in the box and a lot of his goals come from inside the box.

He'll be a great player. Just not Alexis levels I think. I just don't see the traits there.

Final example - van perspective was already showing ability to do the unexpected at a v young age. He honed that and became an elite shooter of the ball. Remember those Big crosses where he would volley into the net.

I don't see that elite trait in Saka. if anything I think Martinelli may have it. He may have a higher ceiling than Saka as he is so driven to beat his man. He just needs better end output
At 21-22 both KDB and Salah were deemed not good enough by Chelsea. Both had to drop down to a lower league than the PL and not to the top clubs in them leagues. At that point in their careers, nobody in world football though that 5 years later they would be arguably the 2 best players in the PL. And consistently achieving what they have/are.

Some players develop that extra 10-15% later.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Okay, I understand. It's hard to say how careers go, but I see Saka having higher ceiling than Alexis. Alexis was such a hard worker as the best in the game, that he fulfilled his potential to the max at Arsenal.

Saka is not as good as Trent in crossing, of course, Trent is like top 10 in the world in that. But it does not mean that he is lacking in that department if he does not cross much, because that is related to tactics more than his qualities. He takes our corners on the right.

The kid can also shoot, and it will come in time very likely. Not prime Van Persie levels of course, as he is one of the best ever strikers of the ball.

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
Saka's crossing is excellent, somehow his most underrated trait.

Martinelli seems more exciting because he seems to have more tools on his locker, but as long as his head stays down when dribbling he isn't going to be half the player Saka is.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
i'm agree with people say that need to step up and in my opinion is on the right way for step up. still already level of last year wasn't bad at all , despite discontinuity if we look to advanced stats of last season he was better then Saka in an important stat as:
G+A-PK*90' (goals + assist - penalty kick per 90') he have: 0.53 (third best of the team) and Bukayo 0.48 (4th best). He played for 1860' and Saka 2978' .
You'd ideally want them both up around .75 per game in a couple of years, then we can start to really think about winning things.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
FY7clpDWIAACfNZ

@Hunta headed straight to the top I’m afraid

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
FY7clpDWIAACfNZ

@Hunta headed straight to the top I’m afraid

Did you see that clip when AFTV are discussing Tielemans, and they are all agreeing he is better than Xhaka...then Lee says he's better than Partey too.

They all start having a go at him, and he tells them all to shut up or something...legend :lol:

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Did you see that clip when AFTV are discussing Tielemans, and they are all agreeing he is better than Xhaka...then Lee says he's better than Partey too.

They all start having a go at him, and he tells them all to shut up or something...legend :lol:
You got a link?

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba

WTF are you talking about? Saka beats players regularly and is double teamed by elite sides like City and Liverpool because he's so dangerous 1v1. Just a load of nonsense above. Dear me.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli

I distinctly remember Fabregas's development from 16 when he was more or less just an orchestrator with great passing ability and engine, to 19-21 when he added power and dynamism to his game, he could suddenly drive into gaps and open up new passing angles, added a whole new dimension to his play, he went up a few levels at that point.

Saka's overall game is very mature for his age and Martinelli's seems more raw to me, but that might be down to game time or a host of other factors. I think they're both potentially world class but not there yet, and won't likely be for 1-2 years even at best.

bakaboo

Martnelli is a direct player, relying on his very quick 1st step to get pass players. All his moves to dribble over opponents is based on his very quick acceleration from standstill. Once he get an opening, he is not afraid to shoot. Future world class?? still a long way. But his attitude and work antics is world class not doubt. Actually, he can try modelled his style with Arjen Robben . Simple and effective.

Arsenal Quotes

I'm prepared to be committed to the club at least until we go into the new stadium. For me, it’s important that the club goes in there and that I make sure the team are at a very good level. After that, whether it’s me or someone else, the club will be able to compete at the highest level. But for me to run away now would not be fair.

Arsène Wenger after extending his contract on 2004
Top Bottom