• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Martinelli: Dogged and Determined

Thrice

I wonder if he'd be more suited playing the right side. He's right-footed, but he rarely cuts inside, so being a right-footed LW should be more of a disadvantage for him if anything.

Obviously he's not taking Saka's place, but if we bring in another LW for next season, maybe Martinelli would be a good rotation player for the RW spot because Nelson isn't that.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
I’ve seen him go clean through in the past couple weeks against relatively fast defenders and he’s still had the time/space to get a shot together providing his technique was good enough.

You seem to watch him closer than me though so maybe you’re right.

I don’t think any prem team that can afford his wages would actually sign him. They all have wingers who are better/similar.
Especially now that his stalker Klopp is leaving, he definitely had a hard on for him.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Certain men on here can't wait to slag of Nelli.

Do we need another pacy wide forward?

Absolutely!

Should we get rid of Gabby after an indifferent season adjusting to a different way of playing, dealing with injuries & never having a settled left side of the pitch?

STFU JOKERS 🤫
Why are you so emotional? :lol:

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Certain men on here can't wait to slag of Nelli.

Do we need another pacy wide forward?

Absolutely!

Should we get rid of Gabby after an indifferent season adjusting to a different way of playing, dealing with injuries & never having a settled left side of the pitch?

STFU JOKERS 🤫
It’s a legit debate whether a player who needs the absolute ideal conditions to succeed should be first choice at a club like this.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Why are you so emotional? :lol:
🤔😁Football fans get emotional bro. 95% of people on here wanted the manager sacking at a time and this place was full of over emotional little girls. Tbh I'm just defending a young player who was excellent for us last season.
I know he's not your type of guy but just find it pathetic how young players/managers get written off so quickly. Give Martinelli a settled right hand side like Saks has and an injury free season and he's an excellent option.

Leo is doing real well at the mo so he's on the bench. Doesn't mean he should be moved on.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Such a limited player. When he ran into that long ball and just had to slip in Jesus he tries to control the ball and casemiro nicks it. He just don’t see the game unless he controls it and look up

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

I love the kid but im starting to think we need someone better. Might need some rehab or something.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
It’s a legit debate whether a player who needs the absolute ideal conditions to succeed should be first choice at a club like this.

Yes a debate is fine but I don't like how players get written off & so easily replaced.

He also doesn't seem to be 1st choice at the mo as Leo is starting 🤔

Sure, he's not perfect but make no mistake still a very good player in his position.

Don't forgot We are talking about the top end of the game.

Ok I will give you the call so who do you replace him with who is better in all aspects 🤔

I will even give you big money, Let's go spend 80-100m

👍
Is vini jr gonna leave Madrid?

Leao has been in & out this season.

Raphina is good on his day but again no guarantee.

Anthony Gordon ( imho a similar type) but be honest are we sure he's an upgrade?

The kid cost us 6m ffs. He has pace, workrate & is great defensively. He hopefully 🤞can/will improve his allround game but no doubt is a decent baller, his tenacity has benefited us, see the goal against Liverpool. he is not just some speed merchant like Traore or step over flair guy with little end product to show for it like ASM that certain men on here loved.

People really need to appreciate good different profile squad players that we have & how they may not be so easy to replace. Do I want another wide player who can take the load off Saks & others?
Yes.

But the real question is Do you get rid of very important young members of the squad who can improve like Gabby when going for top honours?

Ok if someone offers mega money as with any player it's a convo.

But let's be honest we have other squad players rather than Gabby who we can upgrade.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Yes a debate is fine but I don't like how players get written off & so easily replaced.

He also doesn't seem to be 1st choice at the mo as Leo is starting 🤔

Sure, he's not perfect but make no mistake still a very good player in his position.

Don't forgot We are talking about the top end of the game.

Ok I will give you the call so who do you replace him with who is better in all aspects 🤔

I will even give you big money, Let's go spend 80-100m

👍
Is vini jr gonna leave Madrid?

Leao has been in & out this season.

Raphina is good on his day but again no guarantee.

Anthony Gordon ( imho a similar type) but be honest are we sure he's an upgrade?

The kid cost us 6m ffs. He has pace, workrate & is great defensively. He hopefully 🤞can/will improve his allround game but no doubt is a decent baller, his tenacity has benefited us, see the goal against Liverpool. he is not just some speed merchant like Traore or step over flair guy with little end product to show for it like ASM that certain men on here loved.

People really need to appreciate good different profile squad players that we have & how they may not be so easy to replace. Do I want another wide player who can take the load off Saks & others?
Yes.

But the real question is Do you get rid of very important young members of the squad who can improve like Gabby when going for top honours?

Ok if someone offers mega money as with any player it's a convo.

But let's be honest we have other squad players rather than Gabby who we can upgrade.
He is on 170k a week. If he doesn’t improve soon offcourse he will have to be moved on. His wages makes his position more untenable if he isn’t improving soon.

ksarp

GMart's problems are fixable. He can rectify them with more tape study and committing to playing smart soccer. Defense/Decision making are his his pain points.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Such a limited player. When he ran into that long ball and just had to slip in Jesus he tries to control the ball and casemiro nicks it. He just don’t see the game unless he controls it and look up
It’s these little things. A few games ago it was deciding to go for goal when he could have given Saka a tap-in.

Both times we won anyway and the fans won’t remember but you can bet Mikel and the coaching staff are losing faith in him everytime he does something like that. You just can’t have that kind of lack of awareness/decision making at this level.

I’ve always said he’s a good prospect but the guy is on 180kpw now, that has implications. We need him to work because as things are now he’s not good enough for the clubs who can afford him and too expensive for the ones he’s good enough for.

Last edited:

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I wonder if he'd be more suited playing the right side. He's right-footed, but he rarely cuts inside, so being a right-footed LW should be more of a disadvantage for him if anything.

Obviously he's not taking Saka's place, but if we bring in another LW for next season, maybe Martinelli would be a good rotation player for the RW spot because Nelson isn't that.
Nah he looks even worse on the right, totally uncomfortable. He's looked really poor every time he's been there. The reality is that right now you have to say that he is not the level of player that can start regularly on a PL winning team so what he's got to do is put the work in to progress his game. We need to see something new in his game by the time preseason starts. He's got to have something more in his bag or at best he's a bench option.

We are quickly becoming an elite team and elite teams have got to have elite standards everywhere. Nobody can take their position for granted as we should always be looking to improve anywhere we can. Look at Madrid, they have the best pure LW in the world by a wide margin and they're probably going to move him central to accommodate the one guy more dangerous than him from the areas he likes to operate in. We need that level of ruthlessness to reach our full potential as a squad and to ensure that we are not wasting the best years of the truly elite players in the team.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

It’s these little things. A few games ago it was deciding to go for goal when he could have given Saka a tap-in.

Both times we won anyway and the fans won’t remember but you can bet Mikel and the coaching staff are losing faith in him everytime he does something like that. You just can’t have that kind of lack of awareness/decision making at this level.

I’ve always said he’s a good prospect but the guy is on 180kpw now, that has implications.

People really think you can coach him to see things. If that worked Adam Traore would have become the best winger in the world. No amount of coaches simplify the game for him and tell him to do the same thing over

As football is unpredictable he will find himself in situations like today or the saka situation. Remember against Liverpool last season last min when he could free saka. It’s simply not good enough at this level

TheEliteMaster100_

Turns up only when we lose

I’ve always said he’s a good prospect but the guy is on 180kpw now, that has implications. We need him to work because as things are now he’s not good enough for the clubs who can afford him and too expensive for the ones he’s good enough for.

Here's the clip if people want reference. Wonderful ball from Tomi with his weak foot.

Just poor from Martinelli...

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Not good enough, we should be seriously looking at improving our left wing next window.
We gonna have atleast another season people trying to justify him based on stats only. If he gets on the end of few balls and get few goals they will cling to that. But he is simply too limited of footballer to ever be good enough here

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
He is on 170k a week. If he doesn’t improve soon offcourse he will have to be moved on. His wages makes his position more untenable if he isn’t improving soon.
He has struggled with injuries and an unreliable left side where he hasn't been able to build up solid consistent relationships with teammates (see contrast to right side)
Leo has done well & tbf is rightly benching him👍

Ok if you want get rid of Gabby and give us ur replacement on low wages & transfer fee 🤔
Here's the clip if people want reference. Wonderful ball from Tomi with his weak foot.

Just poor from Martinelli...
Rather harsh criticism that can happen, the flight of the ball took it towards the defender.

He read the chopback.
If that was Saliba you say top defending 😁

Arsenal Quotes

The club changed so much, I changed with it and football has changed with us... But one thing never changes: the 90 minutes still belong to the player, 90 minutes during which he is king.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Wednesday, May 22

Manchester United have joined Arsenal in the race to sign Ajax LB Jorrel Hato, but the player prefers a move to North London [HITC]

Benjamin Šeško will decide before the Euros whether he wants to leave Leipzig or sign a new contract [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal have made an official offer of €20m + €5m add-ons to Fenerbache for LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Sabah Spor]

Arsenal are interested in Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow [Telegraaf]

Justin Bijlow could be available for around £10m [John Cross - The Mirror]

Newcastle are adamant Bruno Guimaraes will not be leaving the club unless his release clause is triggered [The Telegraph]

Arsenal admire Newcastle forward Alexander Isak, but the club insist they will not discuss a deal for less than double the £90m price being mentioned in the media [The Telegraph]

Sambi Lokonga says he has decided to leave Arsenal and his agent is now looking for a solution [Chris Wheatley]

Latest posts

Top Bottom