• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Martinelli: Dogged and Determined

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I've been reading excuses for different players over the years, but the eye test doesn't lie. 99% of the time when a player is crap he stays that. Other than Coqueline (only for a season being played next to Cazorla and turned to **** as soon as Cazorla was injured), how many players turned it around?

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

I've been reading excuses for different players over the years, but the eye test doesn't lie. 99% of the time when a player is crap he stays that. Other than Coqueline (only for a season being played next to Cazorla and turned to **** as soon as Cazorla was injured), how many players turned it around?

Martinelli isn't crap - your posting is though.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
Your eye test said Pepe was elite. I'll just leave it at that

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Pepe was riding the bench for a version of Arsenal that couldn't make the CL

Well he was productive the few times he started which is all you can do, which funnily enough nobody was having back then and are happy to have now for the right players (Havertz and Saka).

like Pepe, Martinelli's and everybody at the club's fate purely depends on what Mikel and not necessarily being good or bad - so whilst writing him off is dumb, nobody would be surprised if Arteta tried to replace him (again).

We just have to wait and see.

blaze_of_glory

Well he was productive when he was on the pitch which is all you can do, which funnily enough nobody was having back then and are happy to have now for the right player.

like Pepe, Martinelli's fate purely depends on what Mikel does or wants so whilst writing him off is dumb, nobody would be surprised if Arteta tried to replace him (again). We just have to wait and see.
I'd be shocked tbh. Martinelli has had a bad six months and other than that has been great. If Pepe is the comparison, he looked out of place most of the time imo. He could score out of nowhere and therefore could make the difference in games but it was sporadic. Martinelli also does all the off ball work that Arteta is obsessed with and seems fully bought into the system so I really doubt he's in danger at this point.

I think Saka replacing Pepe had a lot to do with that off ball work as well actually.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

I'd be shocked tbh. Martinelli has had a bad six months and other than that has been great. If Pepe is the comparison, he looked out of place most of the time imo. He could score out of nowhere and therefore could make the difference in games but it was sporadic. Martinelli also does all the off ball work that Arteta is obsessed with and seems fully bought into the system so I really doubt he's in danger at this point.

I think Saka replacing Pepe had a lot to do with that off ball work as well actually.

I just have aboslutely no idea how some of you are so bullish on Martinelli when Mudryk happened. He's terrible as well and with that price tag he would have been forced like we have seen with Havertz.

It's not really about being good or bad with Mikel, does he want the player? Is what we should be asking.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

I just have aboslutely no idea how some of you are so bullish on Martinelli when Mudryk happened. He's terrible as well.

It's not really about being good or bad with Mikel, does he want the player? Is what we should be asking.

We've seen how lethal Martinelli can be, he's also 22 yo; Mudryk could only dream of having a season Martinelli had last year - that's just my 2c

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

We've seen how lethal Martinelli can be, he's also 22 yo; Mudryk could only dream of having a season Martinelli had last year - that's just my 2c

and I will refer you to what Arteta said about ESR, "it's about what you do now".

We've seen ESR control a game against Chelsea (saving his job) and score double digits in open play, he was similarly adored by the fans but Arteta didn't care.

There is nothing about Martinelli that makes him immune to ESR's or Pepe's fate, he's already lost his place to Trossard a 29 year old from Brighton.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

and I will refer you to what Arteta said about ESR, "it's about what you do now".

We've seen ESR control a game against Chelsea (saving his job) and score double digits in open play, he was similarly adored by the fans but Arteta didn't care.

There is nothing about Martinelli that makes him immune to ESR's or Pepe's fate, he's already lost his place to Trossard a 29 year old from Brighton.

He lost his place to a player the manager never really wanted to give the place to. It became impossible even for Arteta who puts more value in Martinellis work rate over most managers. I think the fact Arteta gave him start vs Bayern twice and thought he could do anything against their make shift right back and not once did he try has ended him. I also think for his own future, we better win the league. Because if we don’t I expect even hungrier and more ruthless Arteta

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
He is playing for some no name club in Turkey but yeah sure he's better than Martinelli
The guy retired 2 years ago so it doesn't matter if he is in Turkey, China, or playing for Arabas, he is just milking it. When he was on it Martinelli wasn't even half of the player Pepe was. Pepe played with the likes of Bellerin, Kolasinac, Holding, and Elneny and still looked a better player

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I think the fact Arteta gave him start vs Bayern twice and thought he could do anything against their make shift right back and not once did he try has ended him. I also think for his own future, we better win the league. Because if we don’t I expect even hungrier and more ruthless Arteta
100%, think he was never too eager but he gave him a fair chance and a new contract but the party is over. Will take a year for some members to accept it but I'm happy to wait

Arsenal Quotes

When you grow up with a club and you end up playing for them and winning things, you are from that club. I was born here. I was formulated here.

Liam Brady

Daily Transfer Updates

Thursday, May 23

Arsenal have agreed to part ways with midfielder Sambi Lokonga following talks with the player [Evening Standard]

Arsenal are likely to be priced out of a move for Sporting Lisbon’s £86m striker Viktor Gyokeres [Football Insider]

Arsenal are considering a move for Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow as a replacement for Aaron Ramsdale [Sam Dean - The Telegraph]

Newcastle manager Eddie Howe is keen to reunite with Ramsdale if the club can make an acceptable offer [Sam Dean - The Telegraph]

Ajax LB Jorrel Hato remains the club’s top defensive target [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom