• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Martinelli: Dogged and Determined

Thrice

I've mentioned it in the Trossard thread I believe, one big reason Martinelli looked so good last year was Gabriel Jesus. The two had such a good understanding and Jesus really got the best out of Martinelli because his movement and work rate created so much space for him.

Martinelli and Havertz don't mesh well and Gabriel Jesus and Trossard don't really mesh well together either.

That's why I see them as duos at this point. Havertz/Trossard and Jesus/Martinelli and right now the European duo is simply in better form.

outlawz

Why do people pretend no young player has ever had an injury setback before? Writing off a 22 year old going through his first tough period after already having impressive seasons is very, very dumb
Dumber than dumb, especially when he showed last season that he can deliver. He has had a major chance in every single game he's come on in the past 2 months. He's getting the opportunities, just needs to stop rushing it and we know he has the composure.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Bro i reckon Rashford would be awsome for us.
He can't be bothered to put in a shift at his boyhood club. What makes you think he's going to do it here? His floor is too low, even for Arteta and love of reclamation projects. He does absolutely nothing when he's not scoring which these days is most of the time.

Thrice

He can't be bothered to put in a shift at his boyhood club. What makes you think he's going to do it here? His floor is too low, even for Arteta and love of reclamation projects. He does absolutely nothing when he's not scoring which these days is most of the time.
Guy even put out a statement claiming how much he cares and that people shouldn't question is dedication. He either lacks any self-awareness, or he's just taking the piss. Not sure which is worse.

fute

Guy even put out a statement claiming how much he cares and that people shouldn't question is dedication. He either lacks any self-awareness, or he's just taking the piss. Not sure which is worse.

He just doesn't give a ****. That is the losing culture of their club though. They allowed that to happen and paid him big money for it.

The last guy you would want on your team if you want to build a winning culture. His work rate is off the pitch, not on it.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
Imagine wanting Rashford lol....but then again this forum has people that who a striker with 4 goals in 26 games is great so expected really

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
He's had a season to forget. I think his game needs adjusting within his skill set and then see what he does. Atm, he should be a squad player.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Still think our two wing positions need to be filled with players like him and Saka, rather than players like Trossard (as good as Leo's been) need dat pace!

Still think Gabby is the most exciting player in our team, on form.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
He had some moments today that were better than what we've seen of late and his attitude and commitment are not a doubt. I just don't think the level that he's at is one where he can be a starter for what our ambitions are now. We are now after these last 2 seasons a club that has to challenge for the title and has to be knocking on the door to at least make a CL semi-final if not final. He's simply not on the same level as some of his teammates and we need someone nearer Saka or Ødegaard's level than what he offers right now.

I'm really hopeful that he'll be able to figure things out this summer and come back better with a clean slate but we cannot assume he will and so the club has got to sign a better player to play his position and then force him to win his job back by outperforming them. Now is the time for being ruthless, no matter how much we like any player.

Thrice

I liked him on the RW today. He had some good moments and could've scored a goal. He just adds an element of unpredictability and his pace keeps defenders on their toes. Obviously he doesn't have the same almost telepathic understanding with White that Saka seems to have, but I think Martinelli on the right side has potential and I would like to see it more often moving forward.

All in all he didn't have a great season, but I'll only start to worry if he has another bad season next year. One bad season can happen. Two would be worrying.

blaze_of_glory

Really good game from him, unlucky not to get an assist or two. No surprise his crossing is good once he's able to do it with his strong foot. If he and Jesus can play both LW and RW that gives us pretty decent options and depth on the wings even if we don't bring anyone else in.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal are the most beautiful club in England. At Man City and Chelsea, they will never have that class and style.

Marco van Basten

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 31

Arsenal are interested in Benfica CB Antonio Silva, but will have to trigger his £85m release clause to sign the 20 year old [Correio de Manha]

Youngster Charles Sagoe Jr is set for a loan spell at League One side Charlton Athletic [Online Gooner]

Arsenal have moved on to targeting Benfica midfielder Joao Neves after Martin Zubamendi indicated a preference to remain in La Liga [Teamtalk]

Liverpool, Arsenal and Bayern Munich have all made an approach to PSV forward Johan Bakayoko [Hbvl]

Latest posts

Top Bottom