• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Martinelli: Dogged and Determined

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
If you were looking for a lawyer to be ready to represent you right now, are you more likely to find a ready made one from Oxford or a favela?
What, are you arguing brazil clubs have no idea what they are doing? **** comparison. He wasn't found on the streets. Better players come from brazil than from England. He's a idiot.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Agenda clouding your judgment, it happens bro. Half the forum is like that, the A in A-M stands for Agenda.
* EDIT* wrong post lol.

Either way, it's not like you don't have an agenda we all do. you are just being an ass about it.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
If you were looking for a lawyer to be ready to represent you right now, are you more likely to find a ready made one from Oxford or a favela?

AKSHUALLY, it Depends where he is, Brazil is not a common law place, so the Oxford chap would get completely lost and vice versa.

Being a bit more serious for a second, Martinelli was never from any sort of slum and has had good education on and off the pitch.

Sure, brazillian academies won't have the most cutting edge programs and facilities, but even with different methods, a lot of the fundamentals of football that unlock a players talent are the same.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
AKSHUALLY, it Depends where he is, Brazil is not a common law place, so the Oxford chap would get completely lost and vice versa.

Being a bit more serious l for a second, Martinelli was never from any sort of slum and has had good education on and off the pitch.

Sure, brazillian academies won't have the most cutting edge programs and facilities, but even with different methods, a lot of the fundamentals of football that unlock a players talent are the same.
I think this is a bit too sophisticated for AM mate- obviously Brazil=Favela.

El Duderino

@BigPoppaPump was being ott, but he's spot on.

The level of consistency and impact Saka has on our game is nothing short of amazing.

Martinelli runs into so many blind alleys, it can be really frustrating, especially when he has to be involved in the build up and not just the final one-two or when he's going to the touch line or edge of the box.

Amazing talent, reminds me of Alexis and Suarez with his tenaticy, but he still has a long way to go and that's completely fine. Lads barely 21.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
@BigPoppaPump was being ott, but he's spot on.

The level of consistency and impact Saka has on our game is nothing short of amazing.

Martinelli runs into so many blind alleys, it can be really frustrating, especially when he has to be involved in the build up and not just the final one-two or when he's going to the touch line or edge of the box.

Amazing talent, reminds me of Alexis and Suarez with his tenaticy, but he still has a long way to go and that's completely fine. Lads barely 21.
They are both young and Martinelli has some incredible traits to work with, his first touch is incredible. Martinelli could easily get towards a very comparable level.

Saka's one of the best wingers in the world right now though, basically no other winger as adept as him in every phase of the game imo. I'm tempted to say he's better than Salah tbh, I certainly think it's closer than most think. He's incredibly mature, BUT, his maturity might mean he reaches his peak earlier and has a little less room to grow.

Depends how Gabi can develop his game intelligence imo.

El Duderino

I think this is a bit too sophisticated for AM mate- obviously Brazil=Favela.

I know it was only meant as an analogy, but that's a good measure of his development

Lot of our players come from humble origins. I think only Kaka and maybe Rai were well off and didn't need to make it big on football (there's obviously more examples).

Neymar (well, his big ego dad) got a penthouse from Santos at age 14 or something so he wouldn't move to Madrid that summer.

El Duderino

They are both young and Martinelli has some incredible traits to work with, his first touch is incredible. Martinelli could easily get towards a very comparable level.

Saka's one of the best wingers in the world right now though, basically no other winger as adept as him in every phase of the game imo. I'm tempted to say he's better than Salah tbh, I certainly think it's closer than most think. He's incredibly mature, BUT, his maturity might mean he reaches his peak earlier and has a little less room to grow.

Depends how Gabi can develop his game intelligence imo

Don't know about Salah, goals are what always catches the eye. Being good in pressures, passing and movement is all well and good (amazing for us, really), but making fbref percentile nerds wet is not the same when we go out to a less scrutinized sense of football.

He's getting there, though. Also o n the slaah topic, Klopp seems much more enamored with Martinelli and I think it's because he needs less of a technical view of the game from Salah than Arteta might need of a cerebral player like Saka.

He likes that explosiveness and unpredictability.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba

Being a bit more serious for a second, Martinelli was never from any sort of slum and has had good education on and off the pitch.

You understand what I meant though. Obviously Brazil produces more talent than anyone and you have players from all different walks of life but the academy of a team in the 4th division of Brazil is not going to hold a candle to Hale End when it comes to facilities and things like nutrition so what I am saying is that Saka had a leg up on resources compared to Martinelli particularly as relates to playing PL football given that he was in a PL academy preparing him specifically for that. Some of the folks here don't understand hyperbole which is unsurprising given how little of anything they understand.

Batman

What, are you arguing brazil clubs have no idea what they are doing? **** comparison. He wasn't found on the streets. Better players come from brazil than from England. He's a idiot.
It's *an* idiot. You're too smart for me mate. :shivering:

Batman

You could just say you were wrong, no need for weak minded person passive aggressive remarks when you have nothing to counter with.
I wasn't wrong and you literally just resorted to grammatically incorrect insults but I'm the one with no counter? Weak minded? You're throwing your toys out of the pram because your agenda in the thread has been exposed with actual video evidence and your attempt to insult me was foiled by your own low IQ. 😭

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Thing is, Martinelli got the X-factor. Saka does not. So Martinelli is more exciting. Guy dribble through City defense and almost scored. Saka can't really dribble really. Always exciting when a player can create a situation for himself.

That Said, Saka is better at the moment. Bit OTT with the hyperbole of 100x tho
You always go too far with these comparisons. Fair enough Saka is a better player than Gabi but 100x better? There’s still a special player in Martinelli.

I mentioned before, he should work on his game of the ball. More runs in behind, more one-twos etc. He could be a massive threat if he focussed more on his movement.
It’s not hyperbole, Saka is on a whole other level. Martinelli still plays like he’s a kid fresh out of the academy he needs years before he catches up to Bukayo’s current level.

Gunner D

Coronavirus Truther; ex. Gunner boy dd
It’s not hyperbole, Saka is on a whole other level. Martinelli still plays like he’s a kid fresh out of the academy he needs years before he catches up to Bukayo’s current level.
Would have to agree, and I’m a big Martinelli fan.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

I wasn't wrong and you literally just resorted to grammatically incorrect insults but I'm the one with no counter? Weak minded? You're throwing your toys out of the pram because your agenda in the thread has been exposed with actual video evidence and your attempt to insult me was foiled by your own low IQ. 😭
First of the insult wasn't for you, which you might have noticed if you actually read the message. Second i conceded that he was better than i remembered at dribbling, and I have never said Martinelli is better than Saka, so where is the bias? YOU said since Saka was from our acadamy he will OBVIOUSLY be more refined. I said that thats not obviously true, especially since brazil has made a lot of better players than UK. Stop with your embarrasing insults, also english is my second language and i cba to write perfectly everytime.
If you can't argue with my point just concede like I did. Just to let you know, when you "attack" someones IQ it usually reflects badly on the "attacker".

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

I mean, martinelli on his first season had a goal/assist per ~110 min or so? He was injured last season so bit harsh to judge on that. Saka had assist/goal per ~180min last season.

I agree Saka is better, but if for example saka is injured like GABI and Martinelli gets a season, I'm not sure it's Several season away to be equal.
I guess we'll se in a couple of years if saka actually is years ahead

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Depends how Gabi can develop his game intelligence imo.
I really like your posting 99% of the time but pls delete this, for your own good.

Arsenal Quotes

Thierry Henry was very quick at analysing everything that was going on and how he needed to react. This intelligence, this capacity to evaluate, understand and question oneself, is also the mark of great players... For everyone, for the fans and for us, he symbolised the golden age of Arsenal.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom