• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

General Reserves Talk

• Thread starter M+D
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,775
  • Views 1,160,517

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Floating said:
MutableEarth said:
Floating said:
How good is Isaac Hayden? Can anyone who watches him give us a report?

Best young CB at the club arguably (Miquel??). He's versatile (CB, RB, DM) and is almost as good at DM. Good on the ball, quick and very composed. He's also very intelligent and reads the game well.

As is customary with young CBs at Arsenal, he's not immune to mistakes - but more often than not he's been impressive.

Sounds exciting! Love your avatar as well mate.

Thanks, so do I :D

I was not sure if he would be a holding midfielder or a CB, but it seems that his position is pretty much solidified given the departure of Hajrovic. I'd say if there's any weakness I think that Hayden has, I think he needs to perhaps get a bit stronger, but that will come with age. He is still only 18. I'm guessing a loan may be on the horizon for him next season.

yuvken

Established Member
Yeah, agree with that. but unlike other defenders, who I was happy to see we let go, this guy might still surprise - there's some football in him.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
CurryFlavoured said:
17 year old Mugabo came on in the 55th minute for Rwanda against Algeria.
Was he good?
Mugabo has played 4 games for the U21 so this was a huge step up for him, Rwanda wanted to tie him down which makes sense but I dont see anything special in him (but Wilshere does :) )

Which Rwandan youngster has England star Wilshere tipped for a big future at Arsenal?

Jack Wilshere knows a thing or two about what it takes to make it as a professional footballer at Arsenal.

The England midfielder came through the ranks at the club having first been spotted as a nine-year-old in his hometown Stevenage.

So when he singles out one particular youngster treading a not too dissimilar path, the world of football better take note.

And that is what they are doing to Alfred Mugabo, who Wilshere has earmarked for a bright future in the game, writing on Twitter: 'Watch out for his young lad at Arsenal #decent'

The 17-year-old is a Rwandan international, earning his first call up the youth squad while still only 15.

Arsenal's official website claim the athletic teen is equally adept across the back four, while having the ability to slip into central midfield when required.

The man himself compares his style of play to that of first-term star Abou Diaby and says Barcelona star Xavi is his favourite player of all time. 'I'm strong, powerful and versatile,' he adds. His Twitter profile simply says: 'Infront of the back 4.'

Mugabo joined the Gunners at Under 13s having first become aware of his own ability when he was selected for his school's Year Six team while he was still in Year Three.

In an 'introducing' clip on the club website, Mugabo takes 15 seconds out to rap, adding that it's something he's done all his life and will likely be he career path had he not found football.

Here's hoping the path he stays on is like that walked by Wilshere.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2307489/Jack-Wilshere-tips-Arsenal-youngster-Alfred-Mugabo-stardom.html#ixzz2WPoO8jWi" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z2WPoO8jWi</a>

yuvken

Established Member
Can somebody tell us a bit about this player? I don't really know him at all.
Says he's a Diaby type, but actually plays across the back 4? and Jack's thrilled with him? don't know if any of this even sounds interesting. But if anyone here thinks he could be special, I'd be interested. So - dude any good?

Vela

Established Member
Mugabo isn't a standout player IMO and he is a versatile player. Better in midfield but sometimes plays right-back. Kamara has impressed me more this season than Mugabo in the deeper midfield roles.

yuvken

Established Member
That sounds like another.. Coquelin. I didn't know we needed another one like that. I'm still wondering what to do with the first.
Why the bizarre quote from Jack? do shut up and play. At least wasting our time watching football is something we can take, but for a Coquelin prospect? :)

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
yuvken said:
That sounds like another.. Coquelin. I didn't know we needed another one like that. I'm still wondering what to do with the first.
Why the bizarre quote from Jack? do shut up and play. At least wasting our time watching football is something we can take, but for a Coquelin prospect? :)
We see a 12min clip where Mugabo features maybe twice in few second clips, Jack has probably seen him train more than once

Coquelin was a pretty good prospect he just didnt have the size for his role, couldn't dominate the midfield and made some pretty unnecessary comments

Mugabo looks average to us but if his NT manager and Jack think he's a future prospect then lets see how he develops in the next couple of years

I agree with Vela Kamara looks like a much better* prospect for the CDM spot

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
‏@AFCAcademy
Mirror are reporting Arsenal are linked with West Brom’s 14 year old Yan Dhanda and England U16s.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/arsenal-transfers-wonderkid-yan-dhanda-1958794" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... da-1958794</a>

Meanwhile, newly-promoted Crystal Palace are keen on taking Arsenal's Costa Rican striker Joel Campbell on a season-long loan.

Campbell, 20, who has 24 caps, has already enjoyed impressive loan spells at France's Lorient and Real Betis in Spain, so a work permit will not be an issue.

A year playing for a Premier League club would also help his development.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/arsenal-transfers-gonzalo-higuain-bid-1959033#ixzz2WVuYNUOi" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... z2WVuYNUOi</a>

spartandre217

Established Member
Hasn't he played in pretty much every Costa Rica game for the past year and a half when not injured? And that's at full international level, not U21. Should be fine for a work permit.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
spartandre217 said:
Hasn't he played in pretty much every Costa Rica game for the past year and a half when not injured? And that's at full international level, not U21. Should be fine for a work permit.
that's what I thought, he has played more than 75% of his NT games in the last 2 years so he should be eligible for a work permit

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Holloway can do one, can't stand him since he had that season in the prem, he thinks he's ****ing Mourinho now, we should send them Park instead.

yuvken

Established Member
Would be a good thing to see Campbell loaned to a PL side. I wonder how he'll adapt to the fierce battle that the game is. He's been making progress in that respect, but the PL is a whole new ball game (IMO his physical traits are actually a plus - it's the mental aspect I'm looking at).

goonerwarsh

Established Member
We should be doing Holloway no favours at all.

He wrote a piece in the Evening Standard a couple of months ago to say how he deliberately orchestrated a move to United for Zaha, even calling Ferguson himself to offer him the player directly, just to spite Arsenal because Wenger had responded to a media question saying he liked him.

We shouldn't be giving them any of our talent, i'm sure there are plenty of other options for Campbell's development.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
@AFCAcademy 1h
Ok, so I have now been told a bid from Arsenal, Liverpool and City for Dhanda was accepted. Though he would still prefer a move to LFC. 1/3

@AFCAcademy 1h
He feels he can settle in easier, as he already talks with Sterling.
Although, Gareth Barry is also a close contact for a move to City. 2/3

@AFCAcademy 1h
When Wenger met with Dhanda he simply put it as it was, and ended the conversation with “I hope you make the right choice.” 3/3
He looks like a big talent and if Wenger met with him then he rates him pretty highly, lets see what happens but I have feeling he will go to Liverpool

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
‏@AFCAcademy 3m
Julio Pleguezuelo Selva just confirmed his signing with Arsenal via his Twitter page.
His twitter handle @JPleguezuelo

But Arsenal are ready to anger their Catalan rivals once again after agreeing a deal to take 15-year-old Selva to the Emirates next term.

A strong central defender who can also play right-back, Selva has been compared to Barcelona captain Carles Puyol, and is seen as a top talent in the Catalan club’s ranks.
<a class="postlink" href="http://metro.co.uk/2013/04/16/arsenal-to-anger-barcelona-again-after-pinching-starlet-julio-pleguezuelo-selva-3618265/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://metro.co.uk/2013/04/16/arsenal-t ... a-3618265/</a>

Arsenal Quotes

First I went left, he did too. Then I went right and he did too. Then I went left again and he went to buy a hot dog.

Arsene Wenger on dribbling Zinedine Zidane in a charity game

Latest posts

Top Bottom