• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

General Reserves Talk

• Thread starter M+D
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,775
  • Views 1,160,201

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Looks like the game may be abandoned. Play suspended for 10 mins.

Just seen some pics - it's incredibly foggy. Almost glad I didn't go. Almost.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Osei-Tutu sounds like he's having a great game.

Good timing, considering who his first team competition currently is. Surely Emery must take a look at him. He has still not played as much football owing to his long term injury but he's building up momentum at a great time, with Bellerin out long term. Osei-Tutu has to be in the conversation.

Amaechi also having another great game ahead of Osei-Tutu. It's time he starts being mentioned in the first team conversation aswell.

Gotta say, I'm in the team that still sees a lot of positives in what Emery has done so far.

However, my personal judgement on him will now highly depend on whether he gives similar trust to OT or other talents.
As their respective equals are ****ing aweful and thus any risk of replacing them with players from the reserve, who can potentially come to equal quality as of Matteo, is virtually gone.

HBL

Established Member
Looks like the game may be abandoned. Play suspended for 10 mins.

Just seen some pics - it's incredibly foggy. Almost glad I didn't go. Almost.
If they've played the first half they may as well play the second! Conditions can't have gotten much worse, they were already terrible.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Sounded like Arsenal were playing very well aswell, 3-0 up at half time. Real shame about the conditions.

Next U23 game is on the 15th. We'll see when the next game will be.

The next academy game will be on Saturday - we'll be playing against West Brom U18s in the Youth Cup. Saka and Amaechi will both be most likely to play.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Why do I have a bad Gnabry feeling about him? :(
Because his competition is fierce. Nelson, ESR, Amaechi and Saka all likely vying for wide spots. Although ESR should be central. I think some loans would free up space to impress potentially. I'm banking on that anyway. Perhaps Nketiah, Willock and ESR being loaned will make space for both Saka and Amaechi.

I very much doubt that Amiechi is under the radar. I think everyone at the staff knows about him.
I meant the fans - the staff defo know his potential.

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard
You put Nketiah and Willock in that u-23 team and the u-23 team are wiping the floor with the teams they face. IMO it show their ability has long surpass this kind of level and they are still somewhere between u-23 and first team level of ability. They should be trusted more or go on loan next season to develop further!
I reckon nketiah will definitely go on loan next season. Augsburg would be perfect for him. There does seem to be a trend across Europe at the moment from get the players young hungry and cheap and sell for top dollar.

Impact

Established Member
Don't we have any CB prospects at the club that could potentially make it here?

If I recall correctly that question was asked a while back but i dont know if there ever was a good answer. Would love to know if any of the young cbs are highly rated.

Leaving aside Mavropanos, Zech Medley is particularly highly rated by the Arsenal hierarchy. A man-mountain at 6 ft 5, is left-footed, 18, technically solid and is a Chelsea academy product (we signed him when he was 16). Been given his debut by Emery so it's a sign that he is in the manager's mind. The rest of the CBs within the under 23s/18s set up don't seem to be regarded as first-team prospects, which is a shame because I quite liked Ben Sheaf (as did Wenger). Remains to be seen what our plans are for Krystian Bielik when he returns from loan at Charlton but he has had a strong season albeit playing predominantly in midfield.

Leaving aside Mavropanos, Zech Medley is particularly highly rated by the Arsenal hierarchy. A man-mountain at 6 ft 5, is left-footed, 18, technically solid and is a Chelsea academy product (we signed him when he was 16). Been given his debut by Emery so it's a sign that he is in the manager's mind. The rest of the CBs within the under 23s/18s set up don't seem to be regarded as first-team prospects, which is a shame because I quite liked Ben Sheaf (as did Wenger). Remains to be seen what our plans are for Krystian Bielik when he returns from loan at Charlton but he has had a strong season albeit playing predominantly in midfield.

Yeah Sheaf has been struggling with injuries at the worst time for last 6 months. He really needed the last half year to impress the new manager but it will be very hard for him to do from now on I think.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Medley looks pretty interesting because I've wanted us to get one of Diallo, Zagadou and Uduokhai for that kind of profile which he fits.

Was once pretty hopeful with Bielik though if he hasn't gotten a break so far its likely he won't do much here. That said I have no clue whats he been like recently.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me

Yep, I think Medley has a very good chance of success here. From what I've seen he looks very calm and confident. Good traits for a CB.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Nketiah's time has come and gone. This season was his big chance, he hasn't stepped up (not that he's been given many chances). Loan in the summer and sale thereafter will be his likeliest future now.

Arsenal Quotes

This is a big moment of happiness...we waited a long time for this and the happiness is linked sometimes with the suffering, and the time that you have to wait....this was more important than all the other (trophies) we have twice won the double, but were not under pressure then like we were today.

Arsène Wenger, on winning the 2014 FA Cup

Latest posts

Top Bottom