• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

General Reserves Talk

• Thread starter M+D
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,775
  • Views 1,157,503

Afro Mugo

As you note Hutchinson is talented...I tend to agree about the freestyle stuff I imagined we would never heard of him again but he has developed well it seems. I wouldn't like to put him in a different group than the rest, and think Khayon should go in there too?

Would say: Patino most likely to make it, then the rest, all very interesting talents in their own right-- Flores, Monlouis, Bandeira, Khayon, Hutchinson. Maybe Norton-Cuffy belongs in there too as a fullback prospect.
I think we'll have a better idea once they've played a full season as for some I've seen very little of . In the case of Norton Cuffy and Awe, I'm interested in seeing how they cope once other youngsters catch up with them physically as like in the case of Norton-Cuffy even he admitted that his physique helps him in dealing with wide players 1v1. Yeah probably I should have just said Patino then the rest.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
It'll be Patino-Azeez-Smith lol. I have high hopes for Bandeira too. Zach Awe looks interesting in that he can play in defense and midfield.

He is also pretty tall, but looks a little lightweight. Hope he fills out his frame and adds some muscle mass.

I don't know why, but I really think Zane Monlouis and Ogungbo will have a good chance to make it here.

Monlouis has the size, athleticism and technique to really be a stand out modern day CB. I think it probably will be more difficult for players like Flores and Hutchinson to make it here.

Both very talented, but seeing how Nelson has struggled to impose himself in the first-team, it makes me very cautious.

Both of them are not as quick or explosive as Nelson was at their age and he was every bit as technically gifted as they are. They'll both have to really dominate U-18 and U-23 football to have a chance.
It will be difficult for any of the attacking players IMO as they're not currently huge areas of need in terms of youth - however with the areas of need we have in the team, guys like Monlouis and Awe with their profile would definitely be worth more of a look in. Patino is probably the biggest winner because nobody plays that 6 role the way he does currently. Ogungbo definitely has a huge opportunity and there's also a possibility that Oyegoke and Norton-Cuffy have a lot to gain in the future.

Flores to me will do well IMO, while Hutchinson has all the skill but I'm eager to see how he responds to stronger opposition as he gets older. Flores has really good close control and seems to be able to play against bigger opponents already.

I'd like to see how they all get on over the course of the next season or 2. It will be really interesting to see and their season will start before the PL I think.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I think I've mentioned more than once Hutchinson is really hyped because of his freestyle videos but as per now he isn't that high up in terms of talents in his age group of course a lot can change from now. People really need to slow down on him. He's not a Reiss or Saka kind of standout talent. In his age group Patino is the standout talent then probably Monlouis ,Bandeira, Flores in no specific order then the rest. Cirjan seems to have very good attributes . Very technical and has a good shot on him . He obviously was still adapting to conditions last season. KTH really needs to have a good season. His close control and dribbling in addition to his physique are qualities the first team is severely lacking . I hope injuries haven't slowed him down like Coyle. If he can get back to form he has a good chance of getting into the first team
With Reiss, you stood up every time he got on the ball. Was a player of excitement. Looks a shell of that kid these days but he's getting his mojo back a little bit.

Would agree that of these kids, Patino looks sturdiest. Most likely because he's not just great technically but he's got such an advanced football brain. I think it would do him wonders to improve physically aswell, could add a real extra dimension to his game.

I'm quite intrigued by the less heralded names here though - Bandeira, Awe, Norton-Cuffy. These are all interesting looking talents who could do really well if developed right and given progressive loans in the future.

There is a difference between being very good at free-styling and actually being consistently productive in a team setting.

Ronaldinho was a different animal. He wasn't just very technical and creative, but he was also big, powerful and explosive.

What impresses me with Hutchinson beyond his skill on the ball is his shooting technique. He looks to have very good technique with either foot.

I honestly would rate him as the most talented if I was sure of his athleticism, just doesn't look very quick or explosive so far. Although he is still so young and will def grow into his body.

I think it's good for him if he is not as rated as the rest cause he already has so much hype, which can be detrimental in the long haul. Over exposure is not a good thing for these young players.

Beautiful thing about a player like Hutchinson is that his skillset is such that he can be repurposed a number of ways quite effectively. I don't really consider his athleticism to be much of a weakness at the moment, seems to have enough decent acceleration and body strength to get away from people already.

I haven't seen that much of Cirjan so far, don't know if he is more talented than Dragomir who never even got a chance to make it on the bench with the first team.

From some of the highlights he looks to have a good touch and passing ability.

I think Taylor-Hart is a different sort of player to Flores and Hutchinson.

He is pretty tall for a winger and has very good technique on the ball. He sort of reminds me of young Van Persie for whatever reason.

I just hope he doesn't suffer any other major injuries cause that could really seal his fate.

Not a good sign for youngsters still playing U-18 football to suffer long-term injuries.

Another winger that I have a soft spot for is Charles Sagoe Jnr. He is pretty small, but very good balance and technique, dribbling players for fun.

Tbh I am probably looking forward to or U-18 campaign next season more than the first team football.
I'm REALLY intrigued to see what happens to Taylor-Hart this season, he has an important year ahead. Coyle suffered tremendously due to his injuries and he's only just now growing back into his potential. Taylor-Hart is such an interesting looking player, he's got excellent technical quality but he's also alarmingly quick when he gets going. You mentioned Van Persie but I also get Emile Smith-Rowe vibes - he was a tall winger with good shooting technique aswell, albeit not quite as quick. Taylor-Hart is one of those under the radar talents that if he develops right could be a top, top player. He's had no hype which helps aswell. I'm eager to see how his season goes for us next season, given he'll likely start off in the U18s before making a few appearances in the U23s. Could pick up where Amaechi left off.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

EeB7Kr8WsAIF-Qc

This guy right here, this is the guy.

Cool name too, Miguel Azeez.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
He can really build a monstrous physique if he dedicates himself to weight training. He looks like he could still grow another inch or 2.
Incredible potential. He could be a pretty powerful athlete to complement his considerable technical ability. All hes got to work on is his focus in games and tactical development.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Not as high on Azeez after the mauling he got by Agoume last year.

He’s good on the ball but he couldn’t do anything defensively, we’ve seen how Xhaka struggles in England.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

He’s good on the ball but he couldn’t do anything defensively, we’ve seen how Xhaka struggles in England.
Hes got Guendouzis problem of poor positioning and body shape in duels. Also has that AMN lacking focus - knowing hes good and playing like it's a kickabout. Those are the main 2 things he needs to work on IMO and then hes clear.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka

Some of them French youth kids are physically gifted af. I don't think you can use one game to judge a player's ceiling.

The thing I always pay attention to when I watch the youth games is the technical ability of the player.

You watch Azeez and you can already see the first touch and passing are of the standard necessary to make it to the top. I don't think he'll have the same issues as Xhaka.

Cause he is a pretty good athlete, and Xhaka's biggest issue is his lack of quickness and agility.

It affects him on defense and attack. Also he loses focus once in a while too. Azeez problem is just poor positioning on defense and lack of intensity.

He doesn't demand the ball enough for someone with his talent. He needs to be more assertive during games. Sometimes the games just pass him by, sort of has that Özil syndrome.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I'm not sure at all about what goes on at youth level but would be fair to say the tactical development of young players isn't a priority in England until their near senior level? Because I've always got the sense. Like maybe I'm wrong but it seems like something that's very important in countries like Italy of course, Netherlands, Spain. But in England everything else is put in place before the tactical side of things?

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I'm not sure at all about what goes on at youth level but would be fair to say the tactical development of young players isn't a priority in England until their near senior level? Because I've always got the sense. Like maybe I'm wrong but it seems like something that's very important in countries like Italy of course, Netherlands, Spain. But in England everything else is put in place before the tactical side of things?
Usually in English football before, they picked the most physical lads but that's changed since St Georges and they revamped everything. Now a lot of the technical lads across the country are getting picked, and a lot of the South London kids who grew up playing in the cages are getting a stronger look-in aswell.

The reason why the tactical development of players hasn't been nurtured isn't because it's not a priority but because by and large, a lot of the coaches in this country are not very good I'm sad to say. There are notable exceptions at high levels - Steve Cooper did a great job with the U17s; Dan Micciche has a great reputation and actually works for us now as our U16s coach; Chelsea's team at Cobham are IMO the best of the best and their ability to augment their considerably talented academy graduates with the kind of mental and tactical strength that stands well in the higher echelons of the game is rare. Particularly Jody Morris' work with the U18s.
Some of them French youth kids are physically gifted af. I don't think you can use one game to judge a player's ceiling.

The thing I always pay attention to when I watch the youth games is the technical ability of the player.

You watch Azeez and you can already see the first touch and passing are of the standard necessary to make it to the top. I don't think he'll have the same issues as Xhaka.

Cause he is a pretty good athlete, and Xhaka's biggest issue is his lack of quickness and agility.

It affects him on defense and attack. Also he loses focus once in a while too. Azeez problem is just poor positioning on defense and lack of intensity.

He doesn't demand the ball enough for someone with his talent. He needs to be more assertive during games. Sometimes the games just pass him by, sort of has that Özil syndrome.
Exactly my problem with Azeez. For someone with his level of skill and physical presence, he should be a far more dominant figure in matches and very often he just does well. You can objectively see he is an incredibly talented player but we have definitely not seen him anywhere close to his "final form" as it were.

Having seen him in the same lineup as Charlie Patino, the latter is clearly the more dominant player despite being younger and slightly smaller; seems to be better able to control matches at this stage of their development. That said, I'm really keen for Arteta and Ljungberg to get some work done with Azeez once he starts training with the first team. I have a feeling that Arteta could be the perfect coach to put the finishing touches on Azeez' all-round game - same with Patino! I'm already anxious to see how he's helped Smith and Coyle.

Afro Mugo

I think you all need to cut Azeez some slack. It was one game where he was dominated by an equally talented midfielder who's already played for Inter in Serie A, there's nothing wrong with that. Azeez is nothing like Xhaka. He is very athletic and mobile ; just that he hasn't learned how to dominate games with his physique. He's played all 3 midfield positions in the past two years and I think its more of a mental problem. He's declared his admiration of Busquets, a silent orchestrator, more than once and I think that's how he tries to play but hasn't gotten the basics of positioning right hence why he can go missing. I would be more worried if he relies on his physique too much. Tolaji Bola used to play for England u17 and I watched him dominate games because of his physique.
Something I've realised about footballers and humans in general is that they are very self aware of their strengths , weaknesses and how they like to play etc. You can often tell how a player will grow by whom they idolise/base their game on. Patino admires Iniesta; a game controller hence Patino will always seek to dominate games as he is aware he is better skilled than most players he faces. Musah - Pogba, Pogba-Diaby, Sam Greenwood-Rooney, Martinelli-CR7, Alexis-Ronaldo (Brazil) Chamberlain-Gerrard, Mount-Lampard. Therefore I've come to accept that Miguel is very aware of his qualities and he prefers being less of a physically dominant box to box and more of a deep orchestrator utilising his vision, passing ability and close control under pressure.

Last edited:

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I think you all need to cut Azeez some slack. It was one game where he was dominated by an equally talented midfielder who's already played for Inter in Serie A, there's nothing wrong with that. Azeez is nothing like Xhaka. He is very athletic and mobile ; just that he hasn't learned how to dominate games with his physique. He's played all 3 midfield positions in the past two years and I think its more of a mental problem. He's declared his admiration of Busquets, a silent orchestrator, more than once and I think that's how he tries to play but hasn't gotten the basics of positioning right hence why he can go missing. I would be more worried if he relies on his physique too much. Tolaji Bola used to play for England u17 and I watched him dominate games because of his physique.
I’m just fed up seeing Arsenal fans raving about him and predicting a Saka like rise next year. Azeez hasn’t even trained with the first team yet, whilst the likes of Patino have. These same people will be writing him off this time next year.

A lot of it is down to his good PR, getting in that Adidas video and then the Balague interview a couple of weeks ago have got his name out there. Similar to Hutchinson in that they’re probably the two most known of their age groups but not the most talented.

Afro Mugo

I’m just fed up seeing Arsenal fans raving about him and predicting a Saka like rise next year. Azeez hasn’t even trained with the first team yet, whilst the likes of Patino have. These same people will be writing him off this time next year.

A lot of it is down to his good PR, getting in that Adidas video and then the Balague interview a couple of weeks ago have got his name out there. Similar to Hutchinson in that they’re probably the two most known of their age groups but not the most talented.
Azeez has definitely trained with the first team and together with Musah they were the biggest talents in their age group at Arsenal probably even in the England team together with Morgan Rodgers who's career has stalled at Man City and Noni Madeuke who left Sp**s to join Psv. It's a weird age group. You are right though that he may be a bit overhyped by people who've never watched him play.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Azeez has definitely trained with the first team and together with Musah they were the biggest talents in their age group at Arsenal probably even in the England team together with Morgan Rodgers who's career has stalled at Man City and Noni Madeuke who left Sp**s to join Psv. It's a weird age group. You are right though that he may be a bit overhyped by people who've never watched him play.
Must have missed it, can only remember seeing Patino train with the first team. Think Greenwood has as well actually.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

Azeez has trained with them before when he was a schoolboy. Hasn't since he became a scholar but he has definitely trained with them.

9jagooner

I looked around to see if there's an xisting thread on this but found none.

Reports say we will sign George Lewis latest next week. The 20 year old is already in London.

Arsenal Quotes

As a club, we have an educational purpose: to give back to those people who love Arsenal so that they learn moral values from our game and how we behave.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom