• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

German Bundesliga Indoor Cup

CrazyInLoveWithArsenal

Was watching eurosport and came across the German Bundesliga Indoor Cup, was able to catch just one game. It was quite entertaining, Leverkusen won with Renato scoring a great solo goal. It seemed to be a lot of fun and would have loved to watch Munich. It is typical five a side in the style of masters football where you can use the board to your advantage.

Would be in support of such a tournament for Premiership clubs and if you are who would be the five Arsenal players?

Personally I wouldn't really as I don't think there will ever be a right time and managers will just complain and play fringe players. However, this would be my Arsenal five if any such tournament is ever run, Almunia, Sagna, Fabregas, Nasri and van Persie.

patrick42uk

Established Member
Would I bein support of such a tournament in the premiership? I'd love that to be the premiership! We'd be guranteed the trophy every year considering its all we do in training. Daguunners team is spot on, all those guys are geared to play in tight spaces.

Galahad

Well Munich certainly wasnt to be seen as they are in Dubai or so for a training camp...And Leverkusen are a very good side at the moment, we might be seeing them in the CL next season...but with german teams you never know how good they are the following season (see Stuttgart).

As for that implemented in english football: As thers no winter break here it wouldnt make sense at all. Shedule is tight enough already, thers no need to make it even tighter.

If we would play a 5-a-side Id pick Fabianski, Song, Cesc, Eboue and RVP. Maybe Gallas for Song.

nazo

Established Member
Bendtner wouldn't be half bad playing that eh

Robin would probably destroy everyone.

TomasCR

Established Member
It depends on whether should I count the injured players or not. :|

In the case of everyone being fit, I´m afraid that no one would have a chance to beat the likes of Almunia, Clichy, Rosicky, Fabregas and RvP. With Gallas, Nasri, Vela, Diaby and Wilshere on the bench, why not.

DREVAK

Established Member
There's a similar tournament played over the weekend here in Prague. Has been over the past few years actually. No big names really, Slavia Prague, Austria Wien and Sparta Prague the ones you might know. But that doesn't make it any less fun!

I just checked and there are a few streams available. Like this one provided by a local news site, iDnes. I don't know if it works outside the Czech Republic, that's for you guys to figure out I guess.

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
Players like Clichy, Gallas, Diaby, etc make no sense in futsal/5 a-side (which is all about skill, being able to play 1 touch & positional game).

Our best team would probably be:

Almunia
Cesc Rosicky
RVP Eduardo

BTW the game they play in Germany is a game they invented themselves (it's indoor footy in such a way that players not capable of playing real futsal can participate). Germany do not have a futsal team.

Arsenal Quotes

It works. I am just waiting until everyone has copied it, then I shall come up with something new.

Herbert Chapman on the famous WM formation

Latest posts

Top Bottom