• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

German Football 2018/19

The White Pelè

Human Highlight Reel
Bloody frustrating that Dortmund are still in the title race, despite being **** in the last 2 months. They should have really won it this season.

SomGooner

Prolific Liker
Any time i end up watching a Bayern match, Coman looks bloody awful

He’s the definition of inconsistency. To be fair to him, injuries strike the moment he starts to look like he’s hitting a top form.

Gnabry looks completely different player than the kid we’ve had here.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
@BobP Read a bit into it and knew it was a good read once Helmut Gross was mentioned. One of the true football revolutionists almost nobody has ever heard of, but whose work and ideas have by now influenced multiple generations of coaches.

BobP

Memri Fan
@BobP Read a bit into it and knew it was a good read once Helmut Gross was mentioned. One of the true football revolutionists almost nobody has ever heard of, but whose work and ideas have by now influenced multiple generations of coaches.

You can see the parallels between the two articles.

Emphasis on the transition.

That reminds me, what are your thoughts on the Werner situation? I feel RBL is built for him to thrive and that he'd be foolish to leave now, particularly with Nagelsmann coming in. They're on the cusp of doing something great.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
That reminds me, what are your thoughts on the Werner situation? I feel RBL is built for him to thrive and that he'd be foolish to leave now, particularly with Nagelsmann coming in. They're on the cusp of doing something great.

Tough one.

Your are right, he seems perfectly build for a high collective press/quick transition game like at RBL. Nagelsmann would of course be another plus for staying, cause he could definitely lift them another level, maybe even make them serious title challengers.

On the other hand almost any German player wants to play for Bayern as it's guarenteed domestic titles and CL football. But I don't think he's made for their football, at least if they stick to pushing Kovac into a dominant possession style corner or get a new coach who fits that favoured style better.

If Kovac is allowed to stay and tailors their style more akin to his Frankfurt game, we're talking a different situation - one that could fit Werner - though. I think almost any combination of Lewandowski, Muller, Gnabry, Coman and Werner could play similar to Kovac's old Haller, Rebic, Jovic triangle. With Kimmich and Alaba they'd have fitting wingbacks. Even James could fit in better in such a system, I believe. Still think that they'll stick to a possession based 433/4231 with midfield press as default, which probably won't suit Werner. If they act crazy and fire Kovac - something I wouldn't put beyond them -, I believe Erik ten Hag is their prime choice/target with that CL run and his Bayern past. Then I'd say Werner has a better chance of fitting in.

BobP

Memri Fan
Tough one.

Your are right, he seems perfectly build for a high collective press/quick transition game like at RBL. Nagelsmann would of course be another plus for staying, cause he could definitely lift them another level, maybe even make them serious title challengers.

On the other hand almost any German player wants to play for Bayern as it's guarenteed domestic titles and CL football. But I don't think he's made for their football, at least if they stick to pushing Kovac into a dominant possession style corner or get a new coach who fits that favoured style better.

If Kovac is allowed to stay and tailors their style more akin to his Frankfurt game, we're talking a different situation - one that could fit Werner - though. I think almost any combination of Lewandowski, Muller, Gnabry, Coman and Werner could play similar to Kovac's old Haller, Rebic, Jovic triangle. With Kimmich and Alaba they'd have fitting wingbacks. Even James could fit in better in such a system, I believe. Still think that they'll stick to a possession based 433/4231 with midfield press as default, which probably won't suit Werner. If they act crazy and fire Kovac - something I wouldn't put beyond them -, I believe Erik ten Hag is their prime choice/target with that CL run and his Bayern past. Then I'd say Werner has a better chance of fitting in.

You're right, it is a tough decision.

The option is there for him to see out his contract, think Rangnick said he was open to Werner staying until the end of next season.

The White Pelè

Human Highlight Reel
So Hamburg are staying another year in the 2. Bundesliga. The wheels have truly come off after never getting relegated :D.

They had to get promoted this season, as they run the risk o

The White Pelè

Human Highlight Reel
So Frankfurt had a 3 point-lead on the 5th spot just 2 weeks ago and the finished the season 8th! That's probably the worst collapse of all time :D

Dortmund just needed not to lose the game against Bayern to win the title. They really bottled it.

Arsenal Quotes

To all the Arsenal lovers:
Take care of the values of the club. My love and support forever.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom