• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Giampaolo Pazzini

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
Great player but i think its not our style of transfer, also we seem to have our striker.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
ibby said:
Gilardino is a very good player when used correctly.
i agree.. unlike his role at Milan, but for the Viola and Parma, he has been fairly proficient (and for the national team as well)

as for Pazzini, this has zero chance of happening, and not even sure i would want it to.. Italian players, especially, have a hard time adapting to the EPL.. they find that their theatrics dont work as well (they are used to going down at the slightest contact and getting every call)

Shue

Established Member
USArsenal said:
Italian players, especially, have a hard time adapting to the EPL..
Ravanelli, Vialli, Lombardo, Di Canio, Diamanti, Carbone, Di Matteo, Zola, Pistone all disagree with you sir.

Sure, they may not settle immediately, but they can do fine over here.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
for all those names, i could name about double those who HAVEN'T been good in England, no matter how long they were here..

there are always exceptions, but by and large, Italians (or more to the point, players who do well in Italy, not necessarily "Italians") like to stay put in Italy..

not sure why, but there just seem to be less transfers FROM Italy to England than the other way around

Shue

Established Member
I'm struggling to think of any major Italian flops bar Materrazi and then dross like Silenzi who were **** in Serie A anyway.

edit: Taibi too, but he only made 4 appearances and was MoM in 2 of them

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
-Maccarone
-Pandiani
-any Italian that ever played for Liverpool (Dossena and currently Aquilani, but early days for him yet)
-Bianchi
-Grabbi
-Amoruso
-Berti

then there were other players that were good in Italy that were sh*t in England (non-Italian)

-Sheva
-Mutu
-Crespo (although, he didnt get much of a shot at Chelsea)

doesnt matter, these are all "aside points"..

Shue

Established Member
Pandiani, the Uruguayan who joined Birmingham on loan from a La Liga club?

As for the others, people like Amoruso were **** and past it, he'd spent the last 6 years at Rangers and was well into his 30's when he joined Blackburn as cover. Berti was also well into his 30's and the Sp**s fans actually really liked him, he was just past it.

Grabbi, Maccarone, Bianchi I'll give you though.

As for the foreign nationals, I'll take your Sheva, Mutu and Crespo and raise you Vieira, Henry and Bergkamp. Throw in players like Muntari who did well at Portsmouth too.

Zico

Established Member
The whole Italians don't travel well idea is based on selective memory and the fact that good Italian players see very little reason to leave. Aquilani is the only Italian anywhere near his prime to move to England in the last 10 years.

Shue

Established Member
Oh and fwiw, players like van der Sar, Gullit and Davids came over from Serie A and didn't do terribly either.

Arsenal Quotes

We lacked a little bit of sharpness

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom