• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

gilberto played right midfield today because......(add on)

DOUBLE-YOU

ok we won today and i'm not complaining, but i dont understand why wenger played gilberto right midfield. when i heard edu would start i thought he would be left mid but he played centre instead. it doesnt make any sense

1- wenger tends to prefer gilberto over edu in that central position. (does this mean wenger is starting to prefer edu in that role)
2- gilberto was no threat to wolves at all. if he was needed for defensive cover, why wasnt he in the back line and lauren pushed further forward.

by the way berkamps goal was a beauty. when you see it on tv watch the disguise on edu's pass and dennis' finish.

so here goes.....

gilberto played right midfield today because.....alex rae has smelly armpits.

Alexone234

gilberto played on the right of midfield today because......Denis Irwin said his wife wanted a Brazillian and Gilb misunderstood

A

Anonymous

Gilberto played on the right because Ray Parlour needed a rest, and Edu is wasted if he plays on the left - due to him being slow and narrows passing options.

Parlour will play right mid on Tuesday. he couldnt have played the games against Boro, today and Tuesday. Gilberto will return to the centre and Edu will be rested.

The Mini

I would've thought that we would've used Reyes or Edu at LM with Pires at RM because they are all attackive players, using Gilberto is unbalancing the team

jc8gooner

using Gilberto is unbalancing the team
Not much. We still won convincingly and even if our attacking down the right was a bit limited due to his presence there, as Taozhe says, Gilberto made a difference to our defending on that right side. We were solid.

lewdikris

Established Member
... because Wenger thought we'd probably win anyways, so he thought he might as well give it a go. See also: Cygan and Toure on the left wing, and Toure up front. Didn't work; didn't cost us - they'd obviously practised it, seeing some of the positions Gilbs was getting into, but he's not exactly the new Freddie.

Job done though.

Senght

Thought that he was crap today, our right attack was almost non-existent as Reyes keep drifting to the left and Lauren didn't help much. Scuffed an open goal too...

leongsh

Actually, Henry is given the right to drift anywhere he wants as long as he does not drift out of the game.

zerofeel

wenger probably played Gilby out of position to allow Parlour to rest and since Wolves didnt really threaten from the left mid,Gilby didnt have his work cut out although he looked to be rather uneasy in that role going back deep to defend most of the time instead of playing it forward...imho.

Rupert

I thought that the formation the showed on the Premiership wasnt really what we were playing... Pires was pretty much free role and the others were all centre midfield

Pat's missing Gerbil

Alexone234 said:
gilberto played on the right of midfield today because......Denis Irwin said his wife wanted a Brazillian and Gilb misunderstood

lol :D

i misread it at first and i thought you meant Denis Irwin had a Brazilian! frightening thought, and all kinds of tackle jokes

mood

The formation was weird actually.. there were times when Pires went on the right or centre and Edu to the left. Reyes drifted left sometimes and Henry drifted right. Same thing with Bergie.. Bergkamp drifted left sometimes too. If you realised too that Kolo Toure came on the right at times and Lauren went up front as a right-winger and Gilberto moved up to the centre. It was really weird, but it worked fine I guess.

Arsenal Quotes

If you love football, you love Tomáš Rosický

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom