• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

"Give the youth a chance"

tclar

This is what Wenger seems to be saying alot lately, but why is he not doing it. Again Pires and Bergkamp were pure terrible yesterday. Surely with the speed of Quincy he would be a far better option on the wing and Van Persie is far better and quicker than bergkamp is now. Dont get me started on that clown Cygan! If pires and bergkemp cant dominate a game against a team like boro they should not be in an Arsenal shirt!

A

Anonymous

yeah, lets build towards winning the CL in 5 yeras time. i say play this team for every game from now on.

Alumina

Eboue Toure Senderos Clichy

Hleb Flamini Fabregas Quincy

Reyes VanPersie

sabret00the

Established Member
tclar said:
This is what Wenger seems to be saying alot lately, but why is he not doing it. Again Pires and Bergkamp were pure terrible yesterday. Surely with the speed of Quincy he would be a far better option on the wing and Van Persie is far better and quicker than bergkamp is now. Dont get me started on that clown Cygan! If pires and bergkemp cant dominate a game against a team like boro they should not be in an Arsenal shirt!
been saying this for a couple seasons now, if you wanna scream about a youth policy, you have to actually use it. i don't even think we'd be seeing Cesc as much if we didn't have a midfield crisis and he got a taste for first team football.

kel varnsen

Established Member
tclar said:

exactly, can someone explain to me why bergkamp is still playing? he should have retired this summer, but the board got emotional and offered him a new deal. ridicilous. not to mention pires who has been utter useless the past 18 months...

A

Anonymous

Bergkamp can pass, not shoot.. that makes him a midfielder.
Drop his ass to midfield.

Pires is a pensioner, drop his ass to hades.

Wenger spent 10 mil on hleb, for heavens sake.. play him on the left flank, and freddie on the right.. Sounds like a good output on both channels and also sounds more like the Arsenal of old, quality wise at least.

Reyes and Van Persie have to start games.. and Arsenal have to deal with not having Henry around. He's coming to the 30's. GET A PLAN B.

Lupoli Quincy etc.. if your not going to use them, then sell them. Don't waste our and their time... surely there isn't a better situation where you would have a reason to use them? PLAY THEM NOW. Tw@.

*Ahem*

One could argue that in this current Arsenal climate, we have no choice but to burn out Fabregas.

It's definate however, our defence is the weakest. Senderos, Toure.. both are now being exposed as weak, outmuscle them, and you have an empty net.

huyha123

it is actually pretty strange.

maybe this has something to do with injury at young age. maybe he want to protect them. Ali, everytime he on he got injured. and his form never better. Reyes brilliant until he got hit hard, not injured but confidence gone.

So what if Quincy on and he got hit? the nature of the game yesterday show clearly they want to play as much physical as possible. One challenge, just one. then maybe Quincy will never play as good as now or will be if that not happen.

huyha123

anyway, if the team win next match, all criticism should go down. after all CL should be valued more than PL.

satan_beckham

reason y pires and bergkamp are playing is due to lack of squad dept, and very surprisingly the loan moves of blently and ali.......the squad is so thin this season and yet, he let them go on loan....

ccc

If rvp, senderos weren't be playing in international games, wenger would start them in boro game, I'm sure of that. Arsène is simply too nice to over play the players, unfoutunately, our squad depth can't offord such a rotation. I'm still thinking of the question why the club pays the players high salary, while their national teams use them free and get them injured, shall the club get compensation for the loss?

A

Anonymous

i believe the G14 teams are taking FIFA to court of this right now

If i remember so team was susing FIFA and the big clubs have joined in.

To me, its so simple all G14 should refuse and what can FIFA do

**** all....

Karlos2

Im not one of these who thinks Pires is finished, at this point in time i certainly feel he should be dropped, but to say he has been useless for the last 18 months is innacurate, he's been less influential, but he still scores vital goals for us even if he hasnt this season, he was also excellent when we lost Henry towards the end of last season.

AFCG7

Established Member
PLaying the young players is ok... but Wenger seems to have got it wrong... in Key positions like CB and CM you need 4 experienced solid players.
Let our young attacking players get more games and keep the key areas covered.

We are lacking in attacking options when teams play us like the way Boro , Chelsea and Newcastle have done.

Its no coincidence that our only freescoring performance this season so far has come against Fulham.. and thats because we were allowed to run at them with space wide open.

I wouldnt mind Quincy , RVP , Smith , Bentley etc getting starts because they are all attacking players and chances are if they **** up from time to time we wont suffer that much.

BUt you cant put a midfield out there using Fabregas as our starting CM and Flamini as backup for an entire season....thats madness.

Quincy and RVP instead of Bergkamp and Pires...and Boro's defense would have had far more work to do.

Growler

you seem to forget the CL game in mid week. travelling to boro, and then out to thun will take it out of your players so trying to balance the load.

AFCG7

Established Member
Yes.. i agree.. but squad rotation only works if you have depth.. we dont have any at CM..and its obvious Wenger does not want to play Quincy or start RVP..so that leaves us with Pires Flamini and Bergkamp playing regardless of how **** they are at the moment.

AfC_li4nGht

We need more experienced-establish new players... in key areas like defence & midfield. bergy is 36 i don't think he can play week in week out. And pires is not the same pires we knew. With ljungberg, henry, campbell out injured. We seem to be struggling. That really show how thin our squad is.
I can't imagine what will happen to us if gilberto hleb cole are injured too.
We have a hard season ahead till Jan.
Hopefully the team will be strengthen by then. :|

Arsenal Quotes

I think in England you eat too much sugar and meat and not enough vegetables

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom