• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manberg

Predator
Auba, a guaranteed 20 goal a season striker who at the age of 31 would walk into almost every team if he wants to leave
Xhaka was only wanted by Hertha Berlin in his prime

But yeah keep making comparisons

Xhaka is a DLP. He makes mistakes in the way any DLP can make.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Yeah you can be a great range passer only when you're afforded 100 acres of space & an hour of time but supposedly you're 'elite' at it & get instructed by the manager to not even make a single attempt whenever you're playing against a side that knows anything about pressing

Even after that somehow you're still regarded as an 'elite' passer who turns into a mid-table player when the manager tries to hide his flaws....just wow

Somehow you brought prime barca into this smh
And you know gattusso/Flamini was there to hide Pirlo’s/Fabregas’ flaws for not being great at defending.

Pirlo/Fabregas was there to hide gattusso’s/Flamini’s flaws for not capable to make great passes.

They are all bad players, huge flaws in their game.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
Xhaka is a DLP. He makes mistakes in the way any DLP can make.
Yet another flip in the narrative:rofl:
You people compared him to xavi, pirlo, xabi alonso, kroos
Never saw any of these linked with mid-table Hertha Berlin though as they were/are good enough to get away with making the rare mistake, unlike you know who

Wonder what change in the narrative you'll show next

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Yet another flip in the narrative:rofl:
You people compared him to xavi, pirlo, xabi alonso, kroos
Never saw any of these linked with mid-table Hertha Berlin though as they were/are good enough to get away with making the rare mistake, unlike you know who

Wonder what change in the narrative you'll show next
Benetiez ultra defensive tactics hide xabi’s. Others not played in the PL with the intense pressing.
With the right system, they would be great players in the PL

Ash10

And you know gattusso/Flamini was there to hide Pirlo’s/Fabregas’ flaws for not being great at defending.

Pirlo/Fabregas was there to hide gattusso’s/Flamini’s flaws for not capable to make great passes.

They are all bad players, huge flaws in their game.
You do know those players knew how to get around press right? I'm not even gonna bring up his defensive calamitous side

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
You do know those players knew how to get around press right? I'm not even gonna bring up his defensive calamitous side
That’s why Xhaka is not world class.
He is the same type of player but a weaker version.
A great player but not world class, works well in a correct system.

Ash10

Benetiez ultra defensive tactics hide xabi’s. Others not played in the PL with the intense pressing.
With the right system, they would be great players
Our ultra defensive tactics made Xhaka a 4th CB
Those players play/played with great pressing sides in th UCL while still looking great

That's why they play/played for great sides & unlike Xhaka who never plays in the UCL & gets linked to mid table clubs

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Our ultra defensive tactics made Xhaka a 4th CB
Those players play/played with great pressing sides in th UCL while still looking great

That's why they play/played for great sides & unlike Xhaka who never plays in the UCL & gets linked to mid table clubs
Wrong.
In a 2 CB, Xhaka might drop deep to become the third. Today in a 3 CB, Xhaka stays in midfield.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Xhaka did make the correct choice of passes today. Whether it's going long/short, or taking it faster/slower. He made the right decisions.
Today is really not the day to come down on anyone amd Xhaka has been good lately (as has pretty much eveyone), but I have two issues with him, that stood again today and which I think influence our general play a lot.

First one is that he moves the ball too slowly, which results in us not being able to exploit space that appears throughout the pitch. As I see this it’s a combination of him being very immobile and turning slowly as well as playing it way too safe. There were several times today where he could’ve hit a fairly simple pass over an opponent when moving the ball from one side to another but didn’t and Chelsea could quite easily uphold a good defensive structure without too much movement.

The second also has to do with his immobility but rather than being about moving the ball slowly it’s about him not being able to turn his body to open up more options. This becomes very apparent when we try to play out from the back. When the ball comes over to Luiz/Tierney in a position on the left and they play it in to Xhaka, all he ever does (well, pretty much anyway) is to use his left foot to find Luiz/Martinez. This invites pressure and is one of the main reasons why we sometimes struggle to play out from the back. There were several times the back three found themseves almost on the extended goal line with Xhaka And Ceballos on the edge of our defensive box.

It’s nothing new, but it’s something we as a team need to address and unfortunately I don’t think it’s addressable without upgrading on Xhaka.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Aren't you guys tired of having the same exact argument again for the nth time even on a day like this?

:lol: it's crazy, these guys are unable to find middle ground.

@Ash10 noncing again, as per, after a FA Cup that is, what a loser. How's your boy Guendouzi doing?

Granit intergral in beating City and Chelsea once again to win another trophy. You love to see it.

Ash10

:lol: it's crazy, these guys are unable to find middle ground.

@Ash10 noncing again, as per, after a FA Cup that is, what a loser. How's your boy Guendouzi doing?

Granit intergral in beating City and Chelsea once again to win another trophy. You love to see it.
Fancy seeing you here after the wrecking you got before:rofl:

As for Guendouzi, I don't really care. Because unlike you I don't support a player with insane amount of bias

Will still probably go to a better club than Hertha Berlin though

Jae

Aren't you guys tired of having the same exact argument again for the nth time even on a day like this?

I know mate :lol: I mean there are problems in our team but at the minute I don't think he's one of them, so why moan about it. Don't think he's an issue anymore. Could all change though.

Haven't been his biggest fan in the past and I'm still not 100% convinced, but credit where it's due he's been great under Arteta.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Fancy seeing you here after the wrecking you got before:rofl:

As for Guendouzi, I don't really care. Because unlike you I don't support a player with insane amount of bias

Will still probably go to a better club than Hertha Berlin though

Wrecking by whom? Hahaha.

You're a nothing poster dude.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Poor in the first 20 mins and looked like old Xhaka when he dwelled on the ball and almost turned into a goal for the Chavs. He grew into it and turned in a good performance. I want him here next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have got as much chance of being handed the title by Sp*rs as I have of being given the Crown Jewels. They are the last people we want winning the Championship. Now we mean to round off our season by beating Arsenal.

Alan Mullery (Sp*rs captain in 1971)

There is no way we were going to be beaten

Bertie Mee in the same game after beating Spurs and clinching the Double at White Hart Lane

Latest posts

Top Bottom