• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
Xhaka has become the new Özil. So toxic here. I might start a petition to unban Erlis, just to lighten this place up a bit.

Anyway, I thought I'd read up on our transfer section when we were interested in Xhaka. We should listen to ourselves more closely from now on when it comes to transfers. Despite some people being over the moon with the Xhaka interest, some pointed out he might be too slow, too rash and very inconsistent.

Arsenal mania knows.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I think Xhaka believed Son was going to shoot, if the ball gets blocked refs usually don't give a penalty there. And my point is why blame just Xhaka for that goal, Guendouzi played a risky pass to Pepe that was intercepted by Winks who then proceeded to go past AMN as if he wasn't there. Our defending in the box consists exclusively of jumping in front of people, Son had conned his way to another penalty off Holding last year. A lot of factors are to be blamed for the second goal we conceded, xhaka is one of them, not the only one though.
I can't believe you're actually defending Xhaka for that useless tackle. Back in my secondary school days, if someone had made a tackle like that, that person would probably never be allowed to play football again. Never mind that kind of mistake happening at at top level football.
So son tried to con his way into a penalty, so that's a valid reason for xhaka diving in like that?

I still can't believe some people are still defending Xhaka. Have you seen that guy play?
The way he receives the ball, it's almost as if he's asking for the opposition player to come and press him.

I've said it quite a few times already, for what we need Xhaka for, he's not quite good enough to do it.

For quite a few years, I listened to some arsenal fans in agony when they excused Mustafi's.

Xhaka is not bad player per se, he's just a good player player who's weakness far outweighs his strengths. We would do we to sell him before its too late. In this days of crazy transfer fees, we would do well to receive almost all paid mochegladbach back.

imagine if we hadn't spent that 100mil in 2016(with the exception of holding) , I know fans would have moaned, but we'd have been better off long term. Imagine that money in Raul's hands.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Xhaka's mistake in the NLD was beyond any coaching. That was world class blunder from him. Any coach would only can prevent it by leaving him on the bench.

I posted Xhaka's mistakes compilation few posts above. How many would you attribute to team's structural issues or set-up. Definitely, not many imo.
Our defensive structure is a shambles and most defenders will give away penalties when they end up in the perceived do-or-die situations. I remember VVD's penalty giveaway against Man City as one example.

Xhaka's issue is that he panics and perceives relatively calm situations as do-or-die ones. It's for that reason that he needs to move on, he's got that Mustafi sickness. Inability to keep a cool head in high pressure situations.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Agree with the article, Xhaka's mistakes get highlighted because they cost us points and our team can't make up for his shortcomings. I mean look at the mistake Henderson makes around 2.52, but he doesn't get nearly as much bad press like Xhaka does:
Soon after that Robertson absolutely flies in on Pepe and gets roasted, pretty comparable to Luiz v Salah. The difference is Pepe didn't score but Salah did. Luis gets destroyed but Robertson gets off scot-free (see what I did there).

Would be curious to see just why our mistakes seem to get punished so much more than other teams.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Xhaka has become the new Özil. So toxic here. I might start a petition to unban Erlis, just to lighten this place up a bit.

Anyway, I thought I'd read up on our transfer section when we were interested in Xhaka. We should listen to ourselves more closely from now on when it comes to transfers. Despite some people being over the moon with the Xhaka interest, some pointed out he might be too slow, too rash and very inconsistent.

Arsenal mania knows.

If by lightening things up you mean his racist or homophobic comments then yeah I'm all for having him back o_O

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I think Xhaka believed Son was going to shoot, if the ball gets blocked refs usually don't give a penalty there. And my point is why blame just Xhaka for that goal, Guendouzi played a risky pass to Pepe that was intercepted by Winks who then proceeded to go past AMN as if he wasn't there. Our defending in the box consists exclusively of jumping in front of people, Son had conned his way to another penalty off Holding last year. A lot of factors are to be blamed for the second goal we conceded, xhaka is one of them, not the only one though.

The way he dived into Son was always going to be a penalty, there’s no way of defending that.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
I can't believe you're actually defending Xhaka for that useless tackle. Back in my secondary school days, if someone had made a tackle like that, that person would probably never be allowed to play football again. Never mind that kind of mistake happening at at top level football.
So son tried to con his way into a penalty, so that's a valid reason for xhaka diving in like that?

I still can't believe some people are still defending Xhaka. Have you seen that guy play?
The way he receives the ball, it's almost as if he's asking for the opposition player to come and press him.

I've said it quite a few times already, for what we need Xhaka for, he's not quite good enough to do it.

For quite a few years, I listened to some arsenal fans in agony when they excused Mustafi's.

Xhaka is not bad player per se, he's just a good player player who's weakness far outweighs his strengths. We would do we to sell him before its too late. In this days of crazy transfer fees, we would do well to receive almost all paid mochegladbach back.

imagine if we hadn't spent that 100mil in 2016(with the exception of holding) , I know fans would have moaned, but we'd have been better off long term. Imagine that money in Raul's hands.
Xhaka is not nearly as bad as he's being made out. We could do better than him of course, but the disproportionate blame meted out to him is annoying me. As a fanbase we have a habit of looking for scapegoats within the team instead of focussing our ire outwards.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes

Arsenal mania knows.

Dammit I thought those underlined ones were links

Would have been hilarious if I was a doubter back then, dont even recall if I was posting that summer

Last edited:

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
If we use a 10 it should be our actual #10. Non more of CMs at CAM please. It's part of the reason we struggle to create chances imo.

Could play Özil ahead of any two of Ceballos, Geundouzi, Torreira, Xhaka and Willock.

Any of those two together will be eaten up

With Torreira you are forced to play Xhaka because otherwise you lose 100% of all headers

zilfy

. We would do we to sell him before its too late. In this days of crazy transfer fees, we would do well to receive almost all paid mochegladbach back.
Really wished we had sold him in the summer, but I know we had alot of other areas to fix first. He would have been sold as someone who starts regularly for a top club like arsenal.

Next summer his value will have plummeted as he will likely (hopefully) spend much of the season on the bench. By then the whole world will have cottoned on to how much of a liability he really is

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Soon after that Robertson absolutely flies in on Pepe and gets roasted, pretty comparable to Luiz v Salah. The difference is Pepe didn't score but Salah did. Luis gets destroyed but Robertson gets off scot-free (see what I did there).

Would be curious to see just why our mistakes seem to get punished so much more than other teams.

Emery’s tactics.

Pepe turns Robbo, runs into their half and has one player up there with him and gets surrounded by red shirts.

Salah gets the ball and has Mane and Firmino making runs to drag defenders away.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Emery’s tactics.

Pepe turns Robbo, runs into their half and has one player up there with him and gets surrounded by red shirts.

Salah gets the ball and has Mane and Firmino making runs to drag defenders away.
I have to admit, I've felt for a long time we look clueless in the counter attack. Often because we have one or two inclusions in the squad who take one too many touches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Tony Adams was a legendary Arsenal captain. He had authority over the team and even over his opponents.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom