• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka leaves Arsenal

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Granit Xhaka has released the following statement upon his departure from Arsenal.

Gunners,

It's been some journey - and all that's left is for me to say thank you.
I've spent seven years at Arsenal. The club has become such an important part of my life -and it's not easy to leave. But now is the right time for a new adventure.
There are so many people I need to thank the managers I played for, all my team-mates and the staff behind the
scenes.
And I especially want to thank all of you. Everyone knows we've been through some tough times. But we came through them together and I'll never ever forget the feeling I had each time we won the FA Cup or whenever I heard you singing my name. Pure goosebumps!
I will always carry Arsenal in my heart. Once a Gunner, always a Gunner.
Thank you!!

++++

It goes without saying that Xhaka was one of the most underestimated players at Arsenal in recent years.

He had his periods when performances were not at par, but he was never the one to shy away from criticism. In fact that only made him stronger, and 99% of players would fold down and crumble down after that night in 2019.

He came back, was ready to fight for the club till his last drop, was willing to adapt his game in various positions: CDM, CM, LB, emergency CB, LCM and sometimes he even played as our farthest player making late runs into oppo box.

I am sure that as time goes by, his contribution will be appreciated and his absence will be hugely felt in the next season.

Finally, I am glad to see that Granit's tenure has come full circle even here in A-M. He was vilified and harshly judged with baseless accusations, however now we see the vast majority of A-M come to realize his importance and openly appreciate his contributions.

Personally I always admired his dedication. His Dad's history is so similar to that of mine and this related so much for me to support him in A-M during his highs and his lows.

Granit, falemnderit vlla, na ke bë krenar gjithë shqiptarinë dhe paq shëndet e çdo të mirë në karrierë 🇨🇭 🇽🇰 🇦🇱

xhaka-leciester.jpg

GDeep™

League is very weak
Always liked him, especially after he told the emirates to go **** themselves.

Fighter and leader, always backed his mates and was clearly the captain last year.

Played in a tough era, became a scapegoat in many ways despite everything around him was also collapsing.

Won’t miss him, but he left his mark in many ways.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
"Thanks for the support, even in the bad times..."

Arsenal fans...

alvin-chipmunks.gif

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

"Thanks for the support, even in the bad times..."

Arsenal fans...

alvin-chipmunks.gif
Man, did we pile abuse his way over a couple of years! I recall really praying he'd leave. Xhaka really played through some tough and downbeat times for the club.

boxerumble

Baked Canadian

Loved the passion Granit showed game in, game out despite all the drama.
Great professional and such a dependable player. Best of luck to him back in Germany.

Fully expect him to tweet/give us a shout out on instagram when we lift the PL trophy next season

I will also miss his strong left foot. It's been a while since we last had a midfielder that could hammer in some goals from long range. Some similarities to Ray Parlour in that regard.

Arsenal4life14

Not the most talented but his commitment, character and leadership can't be faltered, Unlike a lot of fans I always felt that was more valuable to the team than his talent on the field. Unfortunately only Arteta got the best out of him and that was at the end of his Arsenal career. Nevertheless I'm glad he ended on a high note and wish him the best, Wouldn't be surprised if he returns in a coaching role in the future.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Never as terrible as some people said, never the great player he has been portrayed as lately.
If you look at all of his time in London you have to conclude that he never reached the level you can demand at a club like Arsenal. The last season can't excuse everything we have seen before.
But i will certainly miss his ability to speak his mind. I respected his condemnation of the attempts to make the world cup in Qatar be about non-football stuff and his meltdown after the Newcastle game in 2022. He is not a boring robot like Ödegaard or most of our current players.
I wish him good luck in Germany.

About the fvck off thing: He shouldnt have done that but so many of our fans are dumb pricks so i dont really care.

About his farewell statement: I like that he mentioned the trophies he won. Unlike certain players in the squad i think he really wanted to win titles.

Last edited by a moderator:

Arsenal Quotes

I am immensely proud to say that I am the manager who has won the most FA Cups, and MY Arsenal are the club to lift it the most.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom