<

Granit Xhaka: Managers Love Him! (But No One Else Does)

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Marjorie, Aug 18, 2020.

1. roz

roz Fake News Merchant

Disagree tbh. Don’t think you can label the people that gave Xhaka that disgusting abuse as fans. The majority of us want him gone but would never dream of saying stuff like that.
    They’re basically just online trolls.

Whilst in no way excusing that sort of behaviour I think footballers for the vast wages they collect have to take the rough with the smooth.

Really just shows social media for what it is, evil.

Squillaci and RacingPhoton like this.
  2. RacingPhoton

RacingPhoton Well-Known Member

This is a mistake many people seem to make on this matter. There are two different issues being conflated here. The abuse he received on social media by a different set of losers. Those assholes can rot in hell. Not just Xhaka, every celebrity gets this level of abuse.

Fans in the stadium booed him off when his performance was so poor and he was walking off slowly being substituted when we were chasing a game. Booing is a perfectly fine way to show displeasure when it comes to football. Reacting that way to fans in stadium for the stuff some random people spouted on the internet just shows how immature he is.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2020
    Riou, Godwin1, Ash10 and 5 others like this.
  3. Jack Russell

Jack Russell Active Member

Most players get slated on their socials at low points. Bad people exist online... who knew? Only bellends mention it to excuse themselves though. Those who mention it in his defence are an odd bunch as well. You wouldn’t tell a judge to be lenient because you were getting grief on Twitter... Özil gets hammered, yet he manages to maintain a modicum of class.

4. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Contrarian

Literally everyone with some type of fame and social media will get abuse from it, I'm sick of people acting like victims cos some fat loser on twitter called you a name. You know it comes with the territory.

5. Manberg

Manberg Predator

You are stuck in the past. It’s unacceptable. Every abuse can and should be stopped and those responsible should be punished.

If one fan at a stadium makes monkey gestures you don’t excuse it because everyone else didn’t. Abuse online is the same. The platforms are responsible for the policing.

6. roz

roz Fake News Merchant

Weren’t you saying Adam Johnson got hard done by the other day?

Strange moral code that you'd have some children punished for abusing twitter yet say Adam Johnson shouldn’t be in the slammer for abusing children

7. Ash10

Ash10 Jury Lite

What is online abuse to you? When you called others ignorant & yourself some intellectual messiah I felt abused. So I guess you should be punished then? :lol:

It's all just words, anyone can perceive anything to be abusive to them so I guess we should not write or say anything at all? Or the easy option is if you can't take it just quit using social media unless you think you have the right to impede people’s freedom of speech.

& yes I know you won't get it tbh

RacingPhoton likes this.
  8. RacingPhoton

RacingPhoton Well-Known Member

He was arguing that child rapists shouldn't be punished, in the general forum. We should care for them and give a better life to them apparently.

9. Manberg

Manberg Predator

Adam Johnson getting 6 years in prison is very harsh indeed.
    When I said online abusers should be punished I did not clarify the punishment intended. A simple suspension from social media as well as education tools sent to users for the purpose of educating them that abuse is wrong should do the job. I never said they should be sent to prison. I disagree with the prison system entirely.

10. Manberg

Manberg Predator

You're right, I don't get it. With your way of thinking you can warp everything to being right.
    If one person feels abused by one thing then that one thing should be modified so that it does not reach that one person. That's what I think.

11. Ash10

Ash10 Jury Lite

Then you shouldn’t type anything here at all as every word you use abuses me:rofl:

Squillaci likes this.
  12. CaseUteinberger

CaseUteinberger Cazorla (not Carzola ffs)

For grooming and having sex with a child. He was 27 at the time and his partner was pregnant. He was released after serving half his sentence. Very harsh indeed... Mate, you need to have a think about things like this before posting... :facepalm:

13. Manberg

Manberg Predator

He made a mistake just like anyone else is capable of making. No one deserves to be locked up for making a mistake. Much less have their reputation tarnished.

14. CaseUteinberger

Absolutely insane! With that kind of forgiving heart I understand how he can rate Xhaka though...

RacingPhoton likes this.
  15. CaseUteinberger

Mistake? It was a crime!

16. Manberg

Manberg Predator

It's a mistake. An error of judgement.

17. CaseUteinberger

Honestly think you need to have a think about where your reasoning is leading you in this case. No need to reply. Think we have exchanged views enough on this matter.

18. Manberg

Manberg Predator

I honestly think you and most people need to see people for being people, not good or bad, right or wrong, black or white etc.

19. Ash10

Ash10 Jury Lite

Just wow

CaseUteinberger likes this.
  20. Ash10

Ash10 Jury Lite

Yet you label internet comments as 'abuse' as in bad

Your hypocrisy is just hilarious at this point

CaseUteinberger likes this.