• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Swiss Army Knife or Blunt Tool?

Will Xhaka be here after the summer window?

• Yes

Votes: 38 55.1%
  • No

Votes: 31 44.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
Got found out tonight. Technically it was only one moment, but it was enough.

TBF, Cedric has too, but I don't think its worth missing attacking threat down the left against stronger opposition in exchange for a bit more stability. Put him back in the middle, put Cedric on the left. This formation only works if everyone's at the top of their game. And not having Lacazette only weakens it.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
He was out of position so don't want to be too harsh but he made a bad decision lunging in instead of trying to hold Richarlison up. I'm told he understands the game

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
Got predictably eaten alive by Richarlison for the goal. But I don't blame him a bit tbh. The guy isn't a LB & it was always gonna end up like this Plus Leno cost the goal anyway

He is a mediocre midfielder sure but not gonna blame him for tonight

Melquiades

That moment on the goal wouldn't even have been noticed by anyone here if Leno doesn't let in one of the worst goals in all of Europe this year.

I'm no big Xhaka fan but he was perfectly solid tonight and our backline was very tight defensively. DCL was invisible for them and they really only had one decent chance on target all game.

Taneruit

Established Member

I'm sorry...but why did this gimp hug Carlo Ancelotti, like he just helped him pull of a big win...after getting destroyed for the goal :mad:
He does that every time when he knows someone, regardless of result.

Know that isn't everyone's cup of tea, but yeah.
Don't personally have a problem with it as I do the same.

juice man

Can't make his mind up
Thought it was pretty obvious that once he faced a stronger side at LB, he was going to get exposed. Feel like this exact thing happened several years ago.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
He does that every time when he knows someone, regardless of result.

Know that isn't everyone's cup of tea, but yeah.
Don't personally have a problem with it as I do the same.

If he just didn't make so many mistakes, I probably wouldn't care either...hell, Vieira could have hugged every opposing player after we lost a game, and I wouldn't have cared :lol:

But it's always something with Granit, he's always doing something wrong!

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Got found out tonight. Technically it was only one moment, but it was enough.

TBF, Cedric has too, but I don't think its worth missing attacking threat down the left against stronger opposition in exchange for a bit more stability. Put him back in the middle, put Cedric on the left. This formation only works if everyone's at the top of their game. And not having Lacazette only weakens it.
Not a fan of Xhaka and think the goal was partly on him, but I think he has been playing really well at LB! He has honestly risen in my opinion over the last 2-3 weeks with the work he has put in. And the goal was mainly on Leno. We did not lose this game because of Xhaka but because of the refs and Leno's blunder!

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
tbh i'm surprised it took so long for an opposition attacker to try to go past him, it's an obvious weak point. I mean sure he's at fault there, but the club decided to go half a season with only one LB who was injury prone and subsequently picked up an injury. It's the club's fault.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Arteta should have known better. This same stuff happened in the Crystal palace 2:2 draw in 2018 where he got destroyed by Zaha

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Xhaka was always getting exposed when he face quality winger to be fair to him he kept Richarlison out of game for most time but you just can't over depending on him he should have done better in Everton goal but that was coming when you leave xhaka alone

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
That doesn't matter, Xhaka got exposed at LB just as everyone predicted. Only a matter of time before it happens again. Do we really want to risk it against Villareal?
Because that hasn’t and won’t happen to Cedric will it?

Taneruit

Established Member

That doesn't matter, Xhaka got exposed at LB just as everyone predicted. Only a matter of time before it happens again. Do we really want to risk it against Villareal?
Here's the problem. We don't really have an alternative. Remember Cedric is also uncomfortable in defense on the left. In that sense Xhaka has actually provided more defensive stability than Cedric did in his appearances on the left.

That said Cedric also provides more of an attacking threat in the final third, so I do agree with you. Because the trade-off isn't worth it. Despite leaking goals strongly in the last few months, our biggest problem is scoring goals, not defending. It worked in the Slavia game, because we actually finished our chances in that one.

Most mistakes, most referee decisions this year shouldn't have mattered if we actually finished our chances and in some games created more.

All or nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Religiously, it is said that God created man. I am only a guide. I allow others to express what they have in them. I have not created anything. I am a facilitator of what is beautiful in man.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom