• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Xhak Off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
Xhaka deserves a 5 year contract, £300k a week. He should be one of the highest earners. This is his 7th year at the club but he’s still on 100k a week. It wouldn’t feel right if the youngsters start earning more than him.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Xhaka is 30 years old with 18 months remaining on his contract. He’s playing at a high level in a position that suits him and the team, he’s also a key character in the dressing room.

Should the club give him a new contract or try to replace him with another midfielder?
Xhaka has contract until 2024 with an option for another year.

He will likely extend but there is no hurry. Arsenal man through and through, perfect for this young squad.

And like someone said, "Arteta" on the pitch.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Xhaka's not someone that's reliant on speed on strong mobility. Time waits for no man and Xhaka will decline with age but it should be a slower drop off than most.

I'm not saying he should be a starter into his mid 30's but there's no reason he can't be a valuable squad asset for the next 4 years or so, probably starting level for the next couple of years.

Arsenal4life14

Arteta likes him a lot so I could definitely see him staying at the club as long as Arteta is here and It wouldn't surprise me if he's offered a coaching role after he retires similar to the Arteta and Pep situation. I believe he's already doing his coaching licenses.

juice man

Can't make his mind up
Thought he was decent. By his own standards this season, probably not at his best, but still not bad. Much better performance than we would have got from any other option we have on the bench.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Did good defensive work in our box and ngl, my heart was in my mouth. A quieter game and he looks exhausted but he survived. I think his roaming roles suits him more than the older more defensive role

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
How the **** did the BBC put Rice in over Xhaka, in team of the year 2022 🤣

Great again, best turnaround I have seen here from a player... indispensable to us.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
In my opinion, he was good, just tactical difference to other games. Much more defensive work, much more dirty work and was much closer to Partey the entire time.

That's why the stats are what they are.
He has been awesome with crunch through balls this season but misplaced them a few times today. That's all really.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
He has been awesome with crunch through balls this season but misplaced them a few times today. That's all really.
He didn't though.

He had a 90% pass accuracy and lost possession a total of 4 times (as the tweet above states).
That's one of his lowest all season. Half of Partey's and nearly a third of Ode's.

He's been very secure in this game, if not flashy.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
This is what I mean, depending on game Xhaka may be asked by Arteta to do different things, doesn't mean he was bad. This won't be the last time.

In my opinion he's had much worse games this season. (Not a lot, but games where he was actually off)

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
He was solid. Where he suffered is because of Brighton’s emphasis to play all their football in wide areas, it meant he had a lot of running around to do from one end of the pitch to the other and back again simply to cover space. Lots of defensive work.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
He was kinda poor today. Not his usual 7/10 he’s been giving us this season. Sometimes I feel he ghosts out of games and ends up chasing shadows. However he really helped us out defensively when our backs were against the wall. His position needs upgrading, but he’s fine for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Tony Adams was a legendary Arsenal captain. He had authority over the team and even over his opponents.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom