• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Xhak Off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill
Turning point of the match was when this ***** somehow over hit a simple through pass out wide that my nan’s corpse could have executed.

This is why I can never have full faith in these players, they’re soo infuriatingly unreliable at both ends of the pitch. Schoolboy errors galore.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
Turning point of the match was when this ***** somehow over hit a simple through pass out wide that my nan’s corpse could have executed.

This why I can never have full faith in these players, they’re soo infuriatingly unreliable at both ends of the pitch. Schoolboy errors galore.
Hit the nail on the head. Beyond Saka most of these players are just too unreliable with repeating the basics.

Xhaka had all the time in the world to play the ball yet miscues it horrendously. Gabriel has a brain dead moment where he plays a horrible pass, rushes out to atone for his error and City capitalise with the space he leaves behind to score the second goal. It’s just infuriatingly annoying.

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
Xhaka did 3 beautiful inch perfect long cross field balls to Saka in the first half. I’d love to see them again.

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill
Hit the nail on the head. Beyond Saka most of these players are just too unreliable with repeating the basics.

Xhaka had all the time in the world to play the ball yet miscues it horrendously. Gabriel has a brain dead moment where he plays a horrible pass, rushes out to atone for his error and City capitalise with the space he leaves behind to score the second goal. It’s just infuriatingly annoying.

You forgot Tomiyasu’s shenanigans. What makes it all the more infuriating is when you watch it live you can see them making those errors a split second before they actually make them. I knew Tomiyasu was going to play De Bruyne in instead of putting it into row Z. When they’re not 100% in the zone these guys can fuq up a cup of coffee.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
His passing in the final third was poor today but he's also not being helped by Arteta. It made a certain degree of sense as awkward as it looked for him to be making late runs into the space generated when Martinelli or Jesus would drag defenders out of position with their movement. It doesn't make any sense now that that movement is nonexistent. Now you have a player who is slow footed and bereft of pace receiving the ball in places he can't do a whole lot from. That's not his fault, that's the manager not putting him in the best position to succeed individually and for the team. There is something to be said about going for intangibles over talent, it served Klopp well with Henderson for years but Henderson wasn't as awkward a fit in his role as what Xhaka is right now with Jesus out and Martinelli out of form.

TopGunner81

The match, which evidently you weren’t watching. Him and Jorginho totally dominated City’s midfield in the first half, and Xhaka was our best player. Two bad moments in the second half don’t negate everything good he did over the 90 minutes.

Your love affair with him is comical. He played a couple of nice passes in the first half but that’s about it! Second half he was our worst non defender. Slowed down play needlessly, terrible passing, getting in peoples way and the two occasions he had the opportunity to make things happen in the final third he wasted them. He’s been great most of the season but the past couple of games (like a few others) he’s been off the boil and today was his worst performance of the season for me

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
Your love affair with him is comical. He played a couple of nice passes in the first half but that’s about it! Second half he was our worst non defender. Slowed down play needlessly, terrible passing, getting in peoples way and the two occasions he had the opportunity to make things happen in the final third he wasted them. He’s been great most of the season but the past couple of games (like a few others) he’s been off the boil and today was his worst performance of the season for me

He dominated Man City’s midfield. Even Guardiola mentioned it. Him and Jorginho. He was excellent first half. Like I said, 2 bad moments in the second half don’t negate that. He became tired.

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
People are overreacting, just like they did with Partey 1 year ago.

A couple of bad passes doesn't mean anything in 90 minutes. He had a decent game but not the required level of what we need.

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
Saka did the exact same thing Xhaka did, taking too long when there was an opportunity to shoot, from a much better position. But obviously, because of agendas people only remember Xhaka’s one.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
On a day like today, you really see his limitations as an 8. He did ok and played the pass for Eddie's penalty tbf. However, overall, Xhaka has been poor since the World Cup and not of the quality required to win a title. Essentially the left side has turned to **** since Jesus's injury. Interested to see how Xhaka and Martinelli go on his return.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka

This is why I can never have full faith in these players, they’re soo infuriatingly unreliable at both ends of the pitch. Schoolboy errors galore.
Not surprising. The guy has been mediocre to **** for 6 years at Arsenal. This season was his best by far, but the system is starting to be exposed a bit. Especially without Jesus to make things easier for him and Martinelli.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Saka did the exact same thing Xhaka did, taking too long when there was an opportunity to shoot, from a much better position. But obviously, because of agendas people only remember Xhaka’s one.
No agendas. Xhaka is ****. Same with Nketiah and to an extent Martinelli. These players shouldn't be starting game in and game out for Arsenal. They either lack the football intelligence, athleticism or technique. They are all massive liabilities in one of those attributes.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
It was him and Gabriel who imploded against City when we dominated them at home last season wasn’t it? The moment we beat their press and he had an easy pass inside to Ødegaard or out left to Martinelli but hit it out of play would’ve ended in a goal if it was City.

Legend14

Established Member
Not saying we can’t improve the position, but Xhaka isn’t the reason why we are not playing well. He had the best first half of any player and even though he struggled with a few 2nd half passes (more than 2 by the way), he usually doesn’t, which is why it seemed so poor. It was out of character.

He has a field leadership role and it was on display, that can’t be discounted. Need to look at the full picture with this particular player. Overall we are better with him on the pitch. Contrast his value with a one dimensional Nketiah or an out of form Martinelli. I think Xhaka is always offering value.

Would I replace him Bellingham? In a heartbeat. Who wouldn’t?

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
People who were at the game are saying to me he was hobbling around for 10 minutes before he got subbed. He either had an injury or was very fatigued. This would explain his second half performance. But of course, if you have agendas you wouldn’t care. His first half was excellent.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
Great first half. Bad second. As with Brentford, I think Trossard in his position 2nd half would be more beneficial with Martinelli staying on the left, don't know why Arteta is so against it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art.
When you read some books they are fantastic, the writer touches something in you that you know you would not have brought out of yourself. He makes you discover something interesting in your life.
If you are living like an animal, what is the point of living? What makes daily life interesting is that we try to transform it to something that is close to art. And football is like that.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom