• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Xhak Off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Granit Xhaka on if last season was his best season:

“Some see it that way, others not so much. It's not for nothing that I'm where I am today. There's a lot of work behind it and it also makes me proud. I was able to win the fans back at Arsenal after what happened 3 years ago. But the problem is that a lot of people only see the last two years and not the seasons before that. They were good too - except for the phase , where I had the misunderstanding with the fans."

This is directed at people like @Batman. You heard from the horse’s mouth. Definitely not one good season out of 7!!!
keeping up with the kardashians peasant GIF

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Leaning towards keeping him (even for a year and letting him go for free next summer, not like we are getting much for him anyway at his age) sell Partey to the Saudis and get Caicedo now...rotate Xhaka and Havertz as the 8s depending on opponents, give us a good chance to ease Kai in here too with less pressure on him.

If we can't get Rice, we need Xhaka for another season.

Erlis

Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

Leaning towards keeping him (even for a year and letting him go for free next summer, not like we are getting much for him anyway at his age) sell Partey to the Saudis and get Caicedo now...rotate Xhaka and Havertz as the 8s depending on opponents, give us a good chance to ease Kai in here too with less pressure on him.

If we can't get Rice, we need Xhaka for another season.

All these Christmas wishes, maybe you wish Xhaka sang a song to you too, no?

I thought you were a Xhaka fan, only lately realised that you were a part-time fan, all this time. Despite being loyal to Arsenal and Arteta, Xhaka should think of his future. If he is not given an extended contract then he should move on because this means that Arsenal and Arteta were never really truthful to him, and if the club does not behave in a correct manner towards him, that will only show how unserious they are to the players, who have served for a long period to them. Xhaka was always correct to them and respected them, and did more than any other player would have done. He should have always been paid more all these years if we compare what other players were getting and were not as committed and engaged as Granit was.

Insensible people even now respect someone who never hit a ball for the club, more than him. And you even have people in here saying that he will play for EL and imaginable future players for CL, as if CL is the merit of those donkeys and not Xhakas. Put some respect on his name, he deserves it.

Russell Crowe Gladiator GIF by MOODMAN

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
It’s only if this is your reason for wanting Xhaka gone, I can understand it.

Else, you just have an agenda against our best player since 2016.

NZgunner

Obviously waiting to see how the Rice or alternative midfield acquisitions play out, but given that he hasn't been flogged off yet, I've got a suspicion he's staying.

That's ok if he's happy having a lesser role and can be a positive influence in the dressing room and Carabao Cup team.

But if he's a starter next season, 100% of non-Swiss/Albanian/Kosovar Arsenal fans will be disappointed.

Legend14

Established Member
All these Christmas wishes, maybe you wish Xhaka sang a song to you too, no?

I thought you were a Xhaka fan, only lately realised that you were a part-time fan, all this time. Despite being loyal to Arsenal and Arteta, Xhaka should think of his future. If he is not given an extended contract then he should move on because this means that Arsenal and Arteta were never really truthful to him, and if the club does not behave in a correct manner towards him, that will only show how unserious they are to the players, who have served for a long period to them. Xhaka was always correct to them and respected them, and did more than any other player would have done. He should have always been paid more all these years if we compare what other players were getting and were not as committed and engaged as Granit was.

Insensible people even now respect someone who never hit a ball for the club, more than him. And you even have people in here saying that he will play for EL and imaginable future players for CL, as if CL is the merit of those donkeys and not Xhakas. Put some respect on his name, he deserves it.

Russell Crowe Gladiator GIF by MOODMAN
Way too emotional of a plea. You shouldn’t have to sell Xhaka’s worth and contribution. To me, he has proven his value.

We keep him because we need him. Given his age, if he is willing to accept his role, then you offer him a two year deal and extend if appropriate. This is the business aspect and players understand it.

Arsel

Obviously waiting to see how the Rice or alternative midfield acquisitions play out, but given that he hasn't been flogged off yet, I've got a suspicion he's staying.

That's ok if he's happy having a lesser role and can be a positive influence in the dressing room and Carabao Cup team.

But if he's a starter next season, 100% of non-Swiss/Albanian/Kosovar Arsenal fans will be disappointed.
Xhaka is Captain of the Swiss National team, and is in Switzerland playing with the team in the European Qualifiers. The Swiss played on the Monday night in Lucerne, and now the players are returning to their Clubs, or preparing to join new ones.

The Swiss National Team didn't want any transfer stories, etc., to interrupt their preparations for the European Qualifiers, especially not about the Captain, and the transfer window isn't even open yet.

Granit is going to Bayer, and I wish him well. It will be announced next weekend, latest.

On his day one of the best footballers in his position that I have seen, a fantastic motivator and inspirational Captain, but sadly flawed by not having control of his temper. I hoped he would learn to concentrate only on the game, with Mikel's help, now let's see if Xabi Alsonso can elevate him to the next level.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
I was thinking of how the midfield Xhaka - Rice will function. The problem I see with it is that Rice is a bit of a cheat, from my eye observation I do not think that he gives everything on the pitch, he is the one who likes to do the talking, not the work. He has a posture and a loud voice, which is not always very smart, and I do not know how they would've gotten along with Xhaka as a senior player who does managing on the field, as instructed by Arteta.

I think the situation will be like with Ramsey, when he was playing with Xhaka, he did not want to do a lot of work, he wanted to score and take the glory. I had a very good opinion about Wilshere, I think he was fearless and hard-working, shame that he was not able to continue in the midfield with Xhaka, I wanted to see them playing together He was sincere about his game

Aaron Ramsey was one of the hardest working midfielders I've ever seen in an Arsenal shirt, guy had an absurd engine. What are you on about?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I want a fan to wake up in the morning and say, “Arsenal are playing today, I’m going to have a good time.” That guy starts his day off by thinking that something good is going to happen to him. And to do that, big clubs like Arsenal have to have the ambition to play spectacularly. Of shared happiness.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom