• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gunner TV

Anocht

Great teams like Real Madrid, Barcelona, Juventus, Milan and Manchester Utd. have revolutionized the world of televition: they have their own TV Channel (I don't know which team was the pioneer)
They have history, many titles and, the most important, enough supporters that are disposed to pay for this channel.
There are other teams that don't have their own TV Channel but short programs on TV or Radio or sometimes both.
It's obvious Arsenal is not precisely a historic team because there's a lack of international titles and maybe there aren't enough fans to keep on the air a TV Channel.
We'll have a new stadium soon and financial stability and more memberships could be our goals for next years. This institutionally speaking. Maybe having an own Channel might be one. Who knows. I like to imagine watching "Gunner TV" or "Arsenal TV" (broadcasting 24 hours) sitting on my home couch. That sounds good.
But the main goal is a sport success. After all, Arsenal is a football team.

this has been talked about many times, the tv channels simply dont make any money, draining the club of money, now if we had chelskis money and didnt care then we would probably go for it but we are better than that and know the value of money..

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
pods right. EVERY club tv station around makes a loss. The bigger the club, the bigger the loss.

As for Anochts comment about Arsenal not being a historical team, well I'd put our history against ANY club.

Split

It's true that the TV channel's don't make money & I personally have no desire to see 'Arsenal TV' come to fruition.

However, I thought I heard a few months ago (officially?) that we will be getting one... can anyone confirm or deny?

I suppose although the TV channel might not make money in it's own right it would probably be good source of PR around the world to get more fans/'merchandise buyers' around the world.

mood

Trust me, these channels are never too popular. Sure, people watch them, but it's always a minumum that do - no matter how many people are viewing it.

Bader

Arsenal has there own mini TV Channel
i read they had a deal with some station to make a weekley 2 hours programme about Arsenal ... :roll: I think thats good enogh

Arsenal Quotes

Team picking is a complicated and scientific matter requiring expert knowledge

Herbert Chapman
Top Bottom