• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Head to Head: Gilberto v Gravesen

johe

Arsenal.com's Head-to-head.

Very even I should say, although Gravesen seems to dribble alot more than Gilberto. Also Gravesen has 2 assists to Gilberto's 1, but Gilbs has 4 goals to Gravesen's 2. Our man also makes more passes than the dane. What's interesting is that our supposedly quiet Gilberto makes more fouls than a brutal player like Gravesen - but gets away with fewer yellow cards.

Interesting. :wink:

johe

Oh, come on guys, post something, this is making me look stupid. ;D

Adam

Established Member
Gravesen does burst upfield alot, although he doesn't have great pace - he does have good feet. Stats are as expected. Gilberto is going to make more passes in the Arsenal game, and he does alot of fouls - just adjusts his bodily position well so they are not bookable.

calvinngai88

Gravesen dribbles well. Gilberto looks fast when he ran all the way from the midfield to the penalty box to score against ManUtd last week CS game. And also, Gilberto heads well, Gravesen, in my opionion, doesn't head well. :p And also, Gravesen is hard in his tackling, Gilberto's clean with his tackles. Gravesen likes to score long range shots, Gilberto likes to make runs into the centre of the six-yard box, either a tap-in or a header, which usually results in a goal. :D

johe

Gilberto shows some nice touches sometimes, like against Leeds at home last year. I think he had 1 assist and one good pass to put Henry one on one with Robinson. He just needs some confidence. :wink:

johe

No, Henry didn't score from that one Ethanen ;) Besides, it says in the head to head I think that he only has 1.

ethanen

:) I guess we werent talking about the same thing but gilberto had 2 assists that game im sure. henry's 1th and 3rd.
I have all in my computer :D

johe

Yeah, I think he had two assists as well, but in the head to head it's written down one. :?

johe

In fact, after doing some searching, the Norwegian newspaper VG has Gilberto down with 4 assists in the PL, but Premierleague.com has him down with 1 assist! Premierleague.com also have Edu written down at 1 assist, however on vg.no Edu has 2 assists. There's no doubt there's something seriously odd going on. :?

calvinngai88

Definitely Gilberto has more than 1 assists. He made two good passes in the Leeds game for Henry to score. No doubt about that.

jacc_7_1

the gravesen tackles reminds me of batty
he goes in hard for every tackle while you can count on gilberto to intercept the opponent passes :D

Arsenal Quotes

Religiously, it is said that God created man. I am only a guide. I allow others to express what they have in them. I have not created anything. I am a facilitator of what is beautiful in man.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom