• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Hector Bellerin: The B's Knee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Yeah My frustration wasn’t even about his defending, you know what you get with him, he’s soft. It was the constant pathetic crosses that pissed me off. It wasn’t like he was in bad positions to cross, they were great positions and if a capable player is there we probably score from one.

I lost it with him in the first half, he was played into a load of space down the right.

It was crying out for him to put his head down and go at them. One of the few times Atletico weren’t set at the back.

Instead he tries a limp through ball down the line for Ramsey which Godin puts into row z. What happened to him!?

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Hopefully some proper coaching fixes him but can see him being a revenue generator.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

You can't coach technique and passing. Bellerin is just a bang average footballer.

You can but normally much earlier on in their careers. You do see players improve in those areas in different clubs / under new coaches. It's so bizarre you see players for YEARS make the same mistakes or have the same basic issues in their play. A bit like how Iwobi leans back way too much when he shoot and gets his boot under the ball too much. He's done that for at least a couple of years now but that's dead easy to coach out of a player so why hasn't it happened? I mean how do you not just think "**** I keep skying my shots I should look in to that..."??

marting

So just a thought that come into my mind earlier and i thought i would just mention it here.

Bellerin will probably fetch us a decent sum of money, At least 40m....So would you sell him to help fund other positions? I mean he is pretty much our only rightback but i believe we can get away with ANM as i believe the golf in quality between the 2 is not that massive (not big enough for us to crumble without Bellerin). so if the paper talk about us only have 50m (which cant be true) turned out to be correct...Would you sell him?

I think i would, I have no doubt the skys the limit for him and with some decent guidance he can go up a level....but if money is needed?

Jae

So just a thought that come into my mind earlier and i thought i would just mention it here.

Bellerin will probably fetch us a decent sum of money, At least 40m....So would you sell him to help fund other positions? I mean he is pretty much our only rightback but i believe we can get away with ANM as i believe the golf in quality between the 2 is not that massive (not big enough for us to crumble without Bellerin). so if the paper talk about us only have 50m (which cant be true) turned out to be correct...Would you sell him?

I think i would, I have no doubt the skys the limit for him and with some decent guidance he can go up a level....but if money is needed?

We could spend 10m and get a more competent RB than Bellerin in my opinion.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
He was disappointing in the match, but hey he was first to put his earring and do a "we're sorry" interview bollocks.

We'd be stupid if we reject any 25M+ offer for him

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
He was disappointing in the match, but hey he was first to put his earring and do a "we're sorry" interview bollocks.

We'd be stupid if we reject any 25M+ offer for him

Yeah you really need to catch up with the times.

£25m is pocket change. Bellerin 23 year old, home grown player with 5 years left on his contract, still with massive potential, in need of some coaching, highly marketable

In 2018 he is a £50m player

Cudareli

Antonio Valencia stan
Bellerin needs a new manager, he's the least of my worries.

Had a top footballing education, showed what he's capable off in his first season for the club and has the speed to be a quality option in defence.

He's gone completely stale under Wenger, like all of our defenders have over time. We've got some big issues to fix in the off-season and selling Bellerin would be pointless.

I'm confidence that under a new manager, who spends time working with the defence, he will go back to his best both in attack and defence.

Fallout

i wouldnt sell yet because he's still "recoverable" from a defensive and tactical standpoint. but offensively i just dont see it ever coming off. cant cross, cant dribble, cant shoot, cant really pass too well either. it's just too much technique to re-learn. unfortunately he got too comfortable here and stagnated in his technique at a young age ala walcott. when you feel comfortable enough in your boots to publicly declare that you only spend a couple of hours a day working on your craft and then go home and work on fashion or call of duty or developing apps or whatever, you know its going to ****.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
I still think he has a lot of potential. I believe the recording of him in the car is real and he's just sick of Arsène and the coaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Of the nine red cards this season we probably deserved half of them

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Thursday, May 30

Arsenal are one of a number of clubs who have had discussions with the entourage of Monaco midfielder Youssouf Fofana [L’Equipe]

Arsenal are the front runners to sign Besiktas’ 18 year old striker Semih Kilicsoy, who scored 12 goals this season [HITC]

A deal for Bologna striker Joshua Zirkzee would involve a £13m commission for agent Kia Joorabchian [Football London]

Arteta wants to add a defender, a central midfielder, a forward and cover on the right wing for Bukayo Saka [Gary Jacob - The Times]

Arsenal are ready to enter the race for Feyenoord left-back Quilindschy Hartman when the Dutchman returns from injury next season [The Telegraph]

RB Leipzig striker Benjamin Šeško has said yes to Arsenal and now the club are in pole position to complete a £45m deal [John Cross - The Mirror]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom