• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Help Needed...Ticket Availability

Rupert

2 main things to be said here really

1) Glawsgow is no where near london, you're looking another flight or a min 6 hour drive

2) Your only chance of a ticket is off a tout, offer a low price first (£50) and never let them get their price if you do, it ain't gonna be cheap, the seats ain't gonna be great, but you'll get in and have a good time. For a big match you'll be lucky for under £200 a ticket

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Not a very good chance mate. I'm waiting for my TRS membership to go through, and all the matches I've been to have been carling cup or reserve team matches.

beanz

Glasgows just a wee bit farther North of London than Highbury, ask Scottish Lass, I think it's about 400 miles. As Jonny said, the only games you'd be sure of getting tickets for a the early Carling Cup matches, check Arsenal.com for updates.http://www.arsenal.com/article.asp?arti ... le=Tickets
For league games there are other options to ticket touts (these are the guys who sell tickets that they've presumably bought from season ticket holders, outside the ground on match days), you can get corporate hospitality tickets from some agencies such as http://www.soccer-corner.com/Clubs.Engl ... ickets.htm or do a google search for "Arsenal tickets"
I've not used these so can't comment on their service, but expect to pay a premium price as ALL home league matches are sold out well in advance. :mrgreen:

marco

best thing top do is apply for a travel club membership and thus get to away matches.
boro and newcastle wont be that far for you etc

Aussie

Established Member
Usually you can just rock up at Highbury on matchday 2-3 minutes before the match starts and buy a ticket at the gate for around 2 pound. If you want to sit with Wenger you will have to pay 5 pound.

koivu

Good to see another Canadian...all I can do is wish you luck getting tickets tho!

beanz

Aussie said:
Usually you can just rock up at Highbury on matchday 2-3 minutes before the match starts and buy a ticket at the gate for around 2 pound. If you want to sit with Wenger you will have to pay 5 pound.
Have you been on the XXXX again Aussie? :mrgreen:

omega man

Is it almost impossible for red members to get hold of tickets?
I see on arsenal.com it says 'boro tickets go on sale to red
members tomorrow.

beanz

Mad Jens said:
They don't drink XXXX in South Australia. :p
You sure Jens? I'm positive I remember seeing Madge from "Neighbours" (not that I watch it, must've popped into the room when it was on :eek:ops: ) rolling around legless, with a can of XXXX in her sweaty hand :p

tox

You can get them if you go down to highbury off a tout. Wait around near a tout whos got tickets until the match starts then go up to him, if you buy before it will be a rip off, but by the time the game has started you can get them for around base value. This is what one of my mates used to do all the time. And rarely has it failed him.

beanz

towelie said:
thanks much tox

im going to be in england next year i think, and your plan sounds very workable
Practice yer Norf Lahnden accent Towelie, If the touts hear your NY drawl, they'll be sure to rip you off :p

A

Anonymous

Outside Arsenal tube and all down Avenell Rd is crawling with the bastards from half one till about 3.05.

Just be on the look out for a dirty, ugly scumbag muttering under his breath.

Yeah and look out for the cops. I almost got rumbled at the Leeds game. They came charging over at me on there horses. I ended up purchasing tickets in the Charlie George at pretty much face value in the fish n chips shop by the stadium.

deeplennon

Tekal said:
Ha...thnx alot with the advise all. To note, I know Glasgow is a long ways away, but its worth it to jump on a flight to see my Arsenal.

And anyways, I saw Celtic play in Toronto against Roma...and that was bloddy dreadful. I want to see a real team play for once.

Hopefully Arsenal will draw one of the Glasgow teams (if Gers make it) in CL.

If you're willing to pay around £100 you can usually get a ticket to see a mid-table opponent (except tottenham of course) from the online ticket brokers... i.e. 2getaticket.com londonticketshop.co.uk etc etc. The good news is that they get their tickets direct from the club and the tickets themselves won't have the name of a season ticket holder on them.. If you're caught going into Highbury with a ticket that belongs to another season ticket holder you risk being banned for life, and so does the season ticket holder. Odds of that happening are admittedly rather slim.

I assume you're going to catch a few at Ibrox as well?

Natnat

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Tekal said:
I will be going to school in Glasgow this upcoming year and I was wondering how hard it is to pick up Arsenal tix on the day of the match.

Coming from North America (Canada, the good part of NA), I'm not used to this crazy membership stuff. So does anyone have any advise?

Hello
you said you are starting school, may I be rude and ask are you 16 or under?
If so join junior gunners then you get the tickets for games you want to see at junior gunner prices

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
OneteaminLondon said:
Sol said:
Just be on the look out for a dirty, ugly scumbag muttering under his breath.

I've seen someone like that, he looks well scary. Is he?
I think he means tout's in general have this description.

Arsenal Quotes

I've got the best goalkeeper and the best centre half. All I need are the best wingers and the best forward. It doesnt matter what the rest are like.

Herbert Chapman

Latest posts

Top Bottom