• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Herb Gives It To You Straight

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
In the 80's the first real Arsenal fanzine, The Arsenal Echo Echo, used to run this column which was basically Herbert Chapman talking from beyond the grave. Was playing around with the idea a couple of weeks ago and whilst I'm not sure I can get it to work I thought it might amuse.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Well I may not have popped in recently but I’ve been keeping an eye out for my club and it hasn’t been going too badly!

Last time I was here that nice Scottish chappie Graham was in my office and winning titles like an Arsenal man bloody well should. Liked him. Always well turned out and made the players wear club blazers. Then I hear he got caught up in some financial shinanegans – well it does happen to the best of us. I did think it was ironic he ended up at Leeds considering my time there…

This new chap Wenger confuses me though. With a name like that why does he claim to be French? Just looked in my old atlas and Alsace is in Germany not France – I mean the French could never have come up with a dog like the Alsation, poodles are more their style. OK, Blighty may have had the odd run in with the Germans but the first one was a bit of a mistake really and the second was that bloomin’ Austrians fault. And they don’t eat garlic!

He’s dedicated though. Credit where it’s due – I never thought of changing my first name.

As for the players I do like that Terry Henry. Reminds me a bit of wee Alex with goals. Mind you Alex would have loved those beachballs they play with now. And those slippers – well I’d make them all play in hobnail boots! Eddie Hapgood never broke a little bone in his foot like those little left backs these days do. Mind you he kept knocking himself out when he headed the ball until we stopped his namby pamby vegetarian diet and got him on thick steaks. He’d never have captained England on a diet of fruit and nuts I’ll tell you.

Well, got to go now but one more thing before I depart. Bit of advice for Herr Wenger. Look at some old videos (I’ve kept up with all these new fangled things you know) of my team. See Wilf Copping – well go buy a player like that. Trust me.

Tegh

Established Member
lol, various humourus quotations can be picked out from the above, but my favourite would be the Eddie Hapgood one, with reference to fruit and nuts.

Nice to see you back on the forum EIN.

wer

Great Post. Looking Foward to more.

Never know this place (Other Articles) exists.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art.
When you read some books they are fantastic, the writer touches something in you that you know you would not have brought out of yourself. He makes you discover something interesting in your life.
If you are living like an animal, what is the point of living? What makes daily life interesting is that we try to transform it to something that is close to art. And football is like that.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom