• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Highbury for the first time + an introduction.

thunderbirdIV

Firstly Hi.

I've been an Arsenal supporter all my life and for as long as I can remember but only because my uncle is a die hard fan, the rest of my family, especially my immediate family, could not give a damn about football.

Therefore it was only last night that I managed to get two tickets and went for the first time, with my girlfriend, to Highbury. I have always been more than happy to go and show my support in bars.. etc with friends but god was I missing out.

Sorry just wanted to voice and share that. Last night was one of the best nights of my life. It was absolutely awesome. I never realised seeing my team play in the flesh would affect and mean so much to me. Even walking out of the tube stop, out onto the road I felt like I had come home and was surrounded by a football family. Pretty cool. Just seeing the stadium was something else. I've always loved seeing the architecture on tv. I'm 20 and the only reason I've got to see my boys is because I took myself up there with my girlfriend and its sites like this that made me realise, for the first time, that I really needed to get up to Highbury and get behind them. So thank you for giving me that moment of realisation forum.

Anyway.. my name is James. I'm 20 and a student at the University of London and live just south of London, near Epsom. I'm sticking around at this website's forums because I like it, so I hope I'm not a pain.

Take it easy and thanks for reading.

James

knoxy

Hey James!
I know exactly how you feel. I remember seeing the Arsenal players for the first time in the flesh. One of my mates at uni got me some tickets in with the Blackburn fans at Ewood park (which turned out to be a bad move! I ended up chanting Seamans name after he pulled off a class save) back in 1999 I think it was.

Just hearing the music coming on, seeing the Arsenal players run out the tunel, man it was amazing!!! Seeing them run round the pitch, I just had to pinch myself to believe it was all real.

I then got to see them close up at a pre season game at Notts Co (also in '99?) where I managed to bag a few autographs after the game as they were getting onto the team coach. Wenger said a word or two to me and I think I went into shock or some sort of state of paralysis!

Also quite new here and sticking round because I like it - so you'll have to put up with me too!!! :)

Alexone234

It must have been great for a first time, like losing your virginity to Britney spears. You think nothing would ever feel as good again.

AFCG7

Established Member
Alexone234 said:
It must have been great for a first time, like losing your virginity to Britney spears. You think nothing would ever feel as good again.

:lol:

Couldnt have put it better

Sonic Youth

yeah, my first visit at highbury made an impact on me as well.
the first time i went was the first match of the 95/96 season, 20th august 95 to be exactly, against middlesbrough (a 1-1 draw, barmby scoring for boro and wright for us) i had been supporting the arsenal for a good two years then and i was happy to finally get to see a match at highbury.

the season before, we had ended 14th in the league and lost the cup winners cup final to real zaragoza in the last second of added time (we all know what happened :cry: ) and everyone was really up for it and the atmosphere at highbury was amazing that day. there was this chant going on with the clock end singing one verse, then they got quiet and the north bank sang a verse, then the north bank got quiet again and the clock end started singing again....just great. one of the best days of my life.

by the way no offence.....but i really can't understand why you have waited 20 years to visit highbury....

Alexone234 said:
The only difference being at Highbury, you'd blow your load quicker. :lol:

thunderbirdIV

Sonic: I have seriously never had anyone to go to the game with. My family was/is heavily into Rugby.. so I spent most of my youth at Twickenham. My uncle never goes as he flies around with BA the whole time. I would have gone with him if anyone. I've always wanted to go though and I'm glad I have now.. but have a very addictive personality and can see myself forking plenty of cash out for White Hart Lane. Thinking about it.. that's going to cost a fortune.

James

thunderbirdIV

Also...

Seeing that first goal yesterday has to go down as one of those massive moments in life. Pretty close to sex. In fact I think it left sex in its dust. That was amazing. Everything went into slow-mo.

James

Sonic Youth

it's worth it. i have to travel all the way from rotterdam to see a matche but i don't care about the money....arsenal's the most important thing in my life and there's aren't many other things to do with your money anyway....well buying cd's and beer and maybe.

Split

Nice to read that post! Hope you make many more successful trips to highbury!

I strangely can't remember my first match at Highbury very well as I was only six. but to this day I still get that amazing feeling watching the boys play! It is fantastic, especially at times as great as this. Consider yourself lucky to have such a fantastic opening match and long may it continue!

A

Anonymous

football is better than sex :| well, sometimes :lol:
if i had the choice to have sex or go to see arsenal vs tottenham i know what i would be choosing, sorry emma :lol:

2nd half, when we were either 4 or 5 up things were really rocking between the NB and The ES (we're the north bank,highbury)- i had a liverpool mate with me and when we left the ground he said even the hairs on the back of his neck were on end at the time.

First half we were weak, leeds were singing "three nil and you still dont sing!" ok so we countered with "three nil and youre going down" but why did we give them the opportunity to sing that in the first place we were three up ffs? We're on the verge of something really special here and still there are those at highbury that are not content and still not even prepared to sing. I know we've all been over this a hundred times over but it just eats away at me and pains me so much that i have to bring it up. I wonder what the players really think about the atmosphere at Highbury?

A

Anonymous

i dont think it was so bad yesterday. especially after the 5th. weere singing for ages. it was great. i know what you mean though, seems to take so much for us to start singing. it was good after we got a 5th, sections on the east stand stood up for the rest of the game and even th NB started standing. we sung some different songs which was good. and this week along with the newcastle match the atmosphere hasnt been that bad.

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

Alexone234 said:

What, you lost your virginity to Britney Spears?

Can you get me her number?

;D

arsenal4life

young1 said:
if i had the choice to have sex or go to see arsenal vs tottenham i know what i would be choosing, sorry emma :lol:

you can make sex anytime
but if you missed that match nothing gonna compensate this enjoyment :wink:

bellsavage

Have any of you actually read Fever Pitch!

My first time was opening day of 83/84 season against Luton, Charlie Nichlolas's debut .... fantastic!

Worst time was game against Derby lost 1-2 1989, thought we had blown, its up for grabs now!....the rest is history

Alexone234

Beany said:
Alexone234 said:

What, you lost your virginity to Britney Spears?

Can you get me her number?

;D
0898 50 50 50 (all calls charged at £1.50 per minute)

jay-d

Established Member
arsenal4life said:
young1 said:

you can make sex anytime
:

Do you have the ingredients?? :wink:

Arsenal Quotes

When we won the league at Tottenham, they came back 2-2 in the last-minute of the game, and they're celebrating - because they're happy to draw against us, obviously. And I remember saying to Mauricio Tarricco who injured himself celebrating in front of me: "Do you realise we only need a point to be Champions?" And he was utterly shocked. So I said "Yes. Now watch as we're going to celebrate on your pitch. Bye bye!"

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom