• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Holland-England fixtures + van Basten chooses van Persie

• Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date
  • Replies 11
  • Views 570
A

Anonymous

The Netherlands(away) will play a friendly against England(home) this November and in 2005 England(away) will come to Holland(home) for a friendly match,

With Marco van Basten as new coach this will be the new Dutch squad:

New:

Nigel de Jong(Ajax)
Maarten Stekelenburg(Ajax)
Denny Landzaat(AZ)
Jan Kromkamp(AZ)
Romeo Castelen(Feyenoord)
Kevin Hofland(Wolfsburg)
Mark van Bommel(PSV)(Back after injury)
Pascal Bosschaart(Feyenoord)
Robin van Persie(Arsenal)
Dirk Kuyt(Feyenoord)

Out:

Jaap Stam(int. football retirement)
Marc Overmars(retirement)
Michael Reiziger(Middlesbrough)
Ronald Waterreus(-)
Paul Bosvelt(Man. City)
Frank de Boer(Quatar + int. football retirement)
Clarence Seedorf(AC Milan)(due to injury)

Full squad:

Keepers:
Edwin van der Sar(Fulham)
Maarten Stekelenburg(Ajax)
Sander Westerveld(Real Sociedad)

Pascal Bosschaart(Feyenoord)
Jan Kromkamp(AZ)
Wilfred Bouma(PSV)
Johnny Heitinga(Ajax)
Nigel de Jong(Ajax)
Giovanni van Bronckhorst(Barcelona)
Boudewijn Zenden(Middlesbrough)
Kevin Hofland(Wolfsburg)

Mark van Bommel(PSV)
Wesley Sneijder(Ajax)
Denny Landzaat(AZ)
Rafael van der Vaart(Ajax)
Edgar Davids(Inter)
Philip Cocu(PSV)

Roy Makaay(Bayern Munich)
Ruud van Nistelrooy(Man. Utd)
Arjen Robben(Chelsea)
Andy van der Meyde(Inter)
Patrick Kluivert(Newcastle)
Dirk Kuyt(Feyenoord)
Pierre van Hooijdonk(Fenerbahce)

kutz

Great!

I'm still a bit sus of Van Basten as coach. And what's with having a billion strikers in the squad? They always seem to do it. I mean it doesn't make your team any better having Kluivert, Makaay, Van Hooijdonk, Van der Veart and Hasselbaink just sitting there on the bench....

Soler

Established Member
The Netherlands play a 4-3-3 formation as you're probably aware of. Thus, they have a lot of "forwards".

kutz

Yeah, but two of the 3 up front are the wingers: Van der Meyde and Robben. They are not the gentlemen I previously mentioned who are predominantly out-and-out strikers. (Exceptionof RvdV, but he's a central player anyways.

calvinngai88

I don't think van Basten will put Van der Meyde as 1 of the 3 starting strikers up front. He didn't play well for Inter and for Holland in Euro either. Makaay might be given a chance up there. Since Seedorf's out injured, Van der Vaart will come in for him. Edgar Davids will surely be the other too. Sneijder to have a go in the squad. Central defence would be Bouma and Cocu/Hofland, Heitinga and GVB. Keeper will be Van der Sar, Westerveld's out in the cold for Sociedad, finding a new club, Stecklenburg's still young but capable to perform well when called upon (i suppose every arsenal fan here should know his talents).

Great to see RVP being called. And since van Basten said as before that he's the greatest Dutch talent, even better than VDV or Robben. Then the left striker place could be a competition between the 2. Central striker would more likely to be RVN, unless Kluivert revives his club career, scoring numerous goals for Newcastle.

By the way, I didn't take notice of Hofland transferring from PSV to Wolfsburg. Since when did it happen? :eek:ops:

A

Anonymous

I thought 2 months ago, PSV wanted to get rid of him and Hofland himself watned to go because he felt he didn't get much trust, confidence and play-time from Hiddink.

I expect this to be the formation against Sweden on 18 August, better said, i want this to be the formation :mrgreen: :

---------------------------van der Sar---------------------------

---de Jong-----Heitinga------------Cocu-----------Bouma---

-----------------------------Sneijder-----------------------------

------------van der Vaart---------van Persie-----------------

----Castelen----------------------------------------Robben----

------------------------------Makaay------------------------------

patrick42uk

Established Member
pleased for van persie, should give him some confidence. also pleased for denny landzaat. outside of those in the top three, he is the player that consistently impressed me last season.

brianfrance

Established Member
Roy Makaay(Bayern Munich)
Arjen Robben(Chelsea)
Andy van der Meyde(Inter)
Dirk Kuyt(Feyenoord)

There's quality there!!
But how difficult for the coach to find the great partnership....

Kristel

kutz said:
Yeah, but two of the 3 up front are the wingers: Van der Meyde and Robben. They are not the gentlemen I previously mentioned who are predominantly out-and-out strikers. (Exceptionof RvdV, but he's a central player anyways.

Romeo van Castelen and Makaay are also wingers that means they have 4 wingers.
Then you have van Persie who is more a winger or middfielder don't realy is a striker.

Dirk Kuyt(Feyenoord)

then you have 4 strikers .
And Did isn'te the Selection tere still gotte go a few players
this is a For-Selections Players who aint sure of a place in the Dutch squad are :

Kromkamp
Stekelebrug
De Jong
Landzaat
Van Persie
Castelen
Hofland
Bosschaart
Kuyt

the stil gotte fight for their place in the Squad the rest of the players on the list are at this moment sure of a place
Ruud van Nistelrooy won't be their he's got a punnishment of missing 2 games

Kristel

Bonzor said:
I thought 2 months ago, PSV wanted to get rid of him and Hofland himself watned to go because he felt he didn't get much trust, confidence and play-time from Hiddink.

I expect this to be the formation against Sweden on 18 August, better said, i want this to be the formation :mrgreen: :

---------------------------van der Sar---------------------------

---de Jong-----Heitinga------------Cocu-----------Bouma---

-----------------------------Sneijder-----------------------------

------------van der Vaart---------van Persie-----------------

----Castelen----------------------------------------Robben----

------------------------------Makaay------------------------------

Don't Think Castelen will go trew to the selection :?

Think they will play like this

----------------Van De Sar--------------

De Jong ----Heitinga-----Bosschaart-----Bouma

---------------------Davids-------------------

--------Sneider-------------------VDV

Van der Meyde----Makaay---------------Robben

Van der Meyde didn'te play that well but there isn'te an other player for his place so think this will be it.
And van der Meyde is a good player just hoop he will let it show :p

Arsenal Quotes

I started clapping myself... until I realised that I was Sunderland's manager.

Peter Reid after Bergkamp's goal against Sunderland.

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 21

Nuno Tavares will return to Arsenal after Nottingham Forest chose not to exercise the buy option in his loan deal [Nottingham Forest Official Site]

Benjamin Šeško’s agent confirms interest from English and Italian clubs, adding that he is not interested in moving to Saudi Arabia [Evening Standard]

Arsenal have sent scouts to watch Benfica midfielder Joao Neves multiple times [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal have joined Manchester United in the race to sign Rennes’ 18 year old attacking midfielder Desire Doue [Ouest-France]

Latest posts

Top Bottom