• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

How Should We Approach The Europa League?

Is winning the Europa League important to you?

• Total voters

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
If you are one of the favourites to win it, you go for it. We can have both EL and the title, have one of both or we get f*ck all.

If we bin this and bottle the title I'd be mad that we didn't even try.
If United can fight on 4 fronts with a squad size similar to ours, we can go for both. Like you say....imagine binning a half decent trophy off and finishing 2nd in the league. Best season in years and not a single trophy to show for it.

Last edited:

Sparrahork

I stick by binning it off.

When has the EL become a prestigious trophy in fans eyes? We've won the Cup Winners Cup back when it actually meant something, only having actual cup winners in it. No-one cares about us having won it. The UEFA Cup was always mickey mouse stuff. Why is it different now?

If we were hovering around top 4 or below then yeah, I'm in, as it guarantees CL football next season. That's irrelevant to us in our position though.

I don't care about 'The best of the rest' trophies. If we're not in with the real big boys in the CL then it's not that important to me.

If we get through to the semi's I might start caring a bit as it's still a trophy at the end of the day but it's way, way behind the PL on my priorities list and is really more of a hindrance than anything currently.
Before Xmas I feel we took it too seriously, there were too many first teamers starting for my liking.

I agree with the sentiment of not taking it too seriously, I think however the January window moved us up a notch or three.

This tournament can be used for good, a chance to bring players back from injury (esr, Nelson, partey, jesus) whilst keeping fringe players (turner, Tomi, Tierney, holding, kiwi, trossard, Vieira etc ) match fit. Ideally I would also like to see a run out for acd as a sub if safe in a second leg.

I see no real reason for Saka, xhaka, gabriel or ramsdale to start any games. Hopefully tets uses common sense to use our ongoing involvement to our advantage.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

losers mentality. winning two trophies really sets out the desire to be dominate side in the future. We are hardly dining out on European trophies either

Fair point.

But we really don't have the squad depth to be ambitious this season at least.

An injury in midfield or attack & we're sunk.

The Europa League, while a nice bonus, is ultimately just that.

Pop Tart

Established Member
Fair point.

But we really don't have the squad depth to be ambitious this season at least.

An injury in midfield or attack & we're sunk.

The Europa League, while a nice bonus, is ultimately just that.
We have smith Rowe, holding, Tierney, Tommy, trossard. Jogino .

Imo we have the depth. Only utd who we should have 6 points over and a transition period juve all we have to worry about. Without being cocky those other teams are not good. Idk in case we blow the leauge we should still focus on this but like I said in my original post I think we can do both if we can get a decent lead.in the league

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal is in my blood as well as my heart. I will always, always, always remember you guys. I said I was going to be a Gooner for life and I did not lie because when you are a Gooner, you will always be a Gooner. This club is in my heart and will remain in my heart forever.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom