• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

I thought Svard had been doing well in Denmark.

GlasgowGooner

http://www.skysports.com/skysports/arti ... 51,00.html

Arsenal reserve Sebastian Svard is hoping for a loan move to a Division One club in January.
The Dane has received "many" offers from the Nationwide League, and is keen to obtain some regular first team football after failing to make a regular breakthrough at Highbury.

After a disappointing loan spell in his homeland with FC Copenhagen, the 20-year-old is determined to remain in England this time around.

"There are many offers from English First Division clubs and we are currently reviewing finding the best one," he told Ritzau.

"It is my impression that it will be sorted out before December 31.

"It is always easy to know better afterwards, but maybe I should have chosen England before in the autumn.

"I hoped to get matches in the Champions League or Uefa Cup, but nothing much happened.

"I will not return to FCK (Copenhagen), where I did not get much playing time. That is for sure."

satan_beckham

what position is he playing?defence or midfield?if he cant get into copenhagen first 11 then theres no way he is getting to our first 11

Adam

Established Member
I posted the following below about a week ago.

Taken off the Danish Arsenal fan site:

At FCK he had to displace to of the most senior midfielders in the league (Erik Mykland and Peter Nielsen) which was basically a bit too much for him, at least during a loan period. When Mykland got injured he got a few games and was man of the match in a couple of them. Then he got played at RB a bit, where he had a nightmare against Real Mallorca. I think that may have been his last game. It's thought that he's returned to London already, as the league finished over a week ago. He also played against Italy in an under 21s qualifier, where again opinions of his performance are mixed (the team as a whole didn't play well).

Some say he's promising and should definitely work towards a first team place, others say his inability to displace the existing FCK midfield shows he's not good enough. I think the FCK loan was a bit disapointing for him, though it was his preferred option at the time. He didn't get enough matches and was often out of position. Another Danish top flight team, or a first division club would probably have been better for him.

I expect he'll be loaned out again, probably to a 1st div club/Premiership team or Beveren (to ease Yaya's departure perhaps), if he doesn't need some time "back in the fold" to have his confidence nurtured.

Mark

Established Member
i think it would be good for him to get used to first team football in england. a few months in division 1 would be good for him.

Jinn

Established Member
He was very highly rated before his move. His confidence must be very low - which is obviously impinging his performances.

lodi

i also thought he did well during his loan but apparently this is not the case,they say in the article that he played RB vs Mallorca why???
loan him to another english club so that we can keep an closer eye on him.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Its a shame that Svard didn't get much of a look in at Copenhagen. Hopefully he'll do well at a Nationwide league club. He's certainly got the talent to become a big player.

Arsenal Quotes

I think I lost my hair flicking the ball on for all them years at the near post from Brian Marwood's corners

Steve Bould

Latest posts

Top Bottom