• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

If you think some of the views from the East Lower are bad..

Allyboy

Established Member
.... below was the view from the seat given to me by Ajax, and this was when I was STANDING!!

Now luckily we did not fill our allocation so I sat at the front by the perspex windows but what if that had been a knock out stage game and we had sold our full allocation?

Ajax charged £35 for that view, with NO warning about restricted view, and even if they did how can they justify THREE QUARTERS of the pitch not being viewable?!

The other crazy thing was we were effectively caged off, with "safety" nets arounds us and a protective roof/barrier for the Ajax fans below, presumably in case we through stuff on them.

However, the rest of the stadium was open and the Ajax fans in the upper tier were throwing stuff at their own fans in the lower tiers apparently with no recourse as a result!

There was also no stewarding for us, as it happened it was a great atmosphere and a really good evening but had it been sold out a hundred or so of us would have had an absolute nightmare!

Tony Montana

Established Member
Wicked Allyboy, are you gonna do a view from the stands? That perspex window must have been a so annoying. How many of us turned up? I tried to hear you on tv but that window must have shut some of the sound out. What are the Ajax fans like? My cousin lives really near the Ajax stadium. From his balcony you can see the stadium. But guess who he supports?!!!!!!!!!!

Allyboy

Established Member
We had about 1,500 - 1,800 fans I would say, first half the atmosphere was great, second half it was good but a bit nervy at times. The "we saw your mum in a window" chant was particulary funny!

At the end of the day, most of us were either drunk and/or stoned so there was bound to be some noise made!!

The Ajax fans seemed very quiet, but its possible the perspex filtered out their sound.....

Was a good atmosphere beforehand, I was not there but apparently there was a carnival type atmosphere on the trains and tubes beforehands with both sets of fans mixing well, maybe someone else can give more details.

seb_afc

Established Member
i dont know if some of you went away to fiorentina a few years back...that was a nightmare...so was the result..

James

Established Member
I knew about the netting at the ArenA, but i never knew about that perspective glass. That's a bit ****.

RD

Bloody hell, that Ajax seat is crazy!

By the way, what is the last row number in the East Stand? I've got my brother a seat on row 27 in block K1 for the Blackburn game and I'm wondering just how far back it is. From what I can tell from what Ticketmaster is offering it's row 28, but I thought it was something nearer 34.

adampembrey

I am 99% sure the last row is row 30. For the Thun game I was row 29, Everton 28, and for Birmingham I am 30

Arsenal Quotes

Young players need freedom of expression to develop as creative players... they should be encouraged to try skills without fear of failure.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom