• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Igor Denisov

Loken

Weak link - but very possible if money was also involved in the deal.

"Zenit’s key defensive midfielder and Russia’s football captain, Igor Denisov, is to be Arsenal’s primary target in the winter transfer window.

The Daily Star claims Arsenal are ready to consider all possible options to acquire the desired player.

One of them is swapping Denisov for Andrey Arshavin, who has no future in the London club, according to coach Arsène Wenger."

<a class="postlink" href="http://rt.com/sport/football/denisov-arshavin-arsenal-zenit-676/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://rt.com/sport/football/denisov-ar ... zenit-676/</a>

Would be the ideal player, but with needing time to adapt it might not be the best option.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
don't know a lot about this player cuz i don't watch the russian league, maybe some russian gunners here have good information about Denisov.

and according to transfermarker.com this guy is value about 20m euros. so he must be good player.

Bossa

Established Member
I dont think that he the type that we need.

176cm and not very powerful. Very good player though.

GDeep™

League is very weak
He has a small fan base on here, some were calling for Denisov in the summer. I haven't seen him play enough to share an opinion tbh.

Bossa

Established Member
Fierce tackler, great engine, decent speed and a good ball distributor. But physically weak and not small.

Sam the Duck

no thanks. he seems to be another player with attitude problems.

From Wikipedia:
Throughout his career, Denisov has earned a reputation for poor behavior both at the club level with Zenit and at the international level with Russia.
On 22 September 2012, Denisov was left off the teamsheet for Zenit's 2–2 away draw with Krylya Sovetov. The following day, the club issued a statement that read, "The decision to send Igor Denisov to the youth team for an indefinite period... is connected to the fact that the player issued an ultimatum, refusing to take to the field against Krylya Sovetov after demanding a renegotiation of his contract."[18]

According to the Zenit website, Denisov's current contract runs to 2015 and that he is one of the highest earners in all of the Russian Premier League.[19] Media speculation reported that this pay strike was a result of Zenit's overhaul in the transfer market, bringing in Axel Witsel and Hulk on big contracts and in combined deals worth over $130 million. Denisov replied in an interview with Sport Express, stating that his stand-off with club management was over "The proper organisation of the team. And respect for the Russian players which Zenit has always relied upon."[20]

Two months after his protest, Denisov released a statement, telling the media that he was finished protesting over his pay strike and has apologised not only to the club but also to the fans, as he was wrong to walk out on the club

ArsenalinCH

denisov was part of the group of zenit vets that protested about how much hulk and witsel were earning when they hadn't done anything for the club.

now hulk is threatening to leave and neither one has done much. can't say I blame denisov for being upset.

Sam the Duck

ArsenalinCH said:
denisov was part of the group of zenit vets that protested about how much hulk and witsel were earning when they hadn't done anything for the club.

now hulk is threatening to leave and neither one has done much. can't say I blame denisov for being upset.

It's one thing to be upset and another to refuse to play because he wants to renegotiate his contract to get a pay rise.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

GDeep said:
He has a small fan base on here, some were calling for Denisov in the summer. I haven't seen him play enough to share an opinion tbh.
I was one of these, he was fantastic at the Euro's, best Russian player by a mile.

Not sure if this'll happen but it's good that we're being linked with midfielders anyway.

ArsenalinCH

Sam the Duck said:
ArsenalinCH said:

It's one thing to be upset and another to refuse to play because he wants to renegotiate his contract to get a pay rise.

you're right but I'm not sure I disagree with him. He was Zenit's captain and had just let them to the Russian League title and CL berth. Then Hulk and Witsel come in, without having done anything, and earn way more than Denisov, Kerzhakov and all of Zenit's established stars even though they've done jack all.

It wasn't simply because of the money, it was the way it was handled. He's the captain, I don't blame him.

Arsenal Quotes

He is like a new signing

Arsène Wenger on a player coming back from injury

Latest posts

Top Bottom