• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

International sucess over Arsenal?

Champions League or World Cup?

• Champions League

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • World Cup

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

tox

After reading a lot of posts about which international teams people support it made me think about what people see as more important, international success or club success. So heres the question, what would you prefer... to see Arsenal win the Champions league or for your national side to win the world cup??

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
without a doubt Arsenal to win the CL..... not even any question.... for many on here, Arsenal is the passion, not international squads.....

jc8gooner

I am English but I really am not that bothered about our national side. I am only ever worried that the Arsenal players will do badly for them or get injured. There are many reasons why I am never that bothered about England:
1) So many friendlies. What is the point of playing football if it is non-competitive and the result no longer really matters?
2) The coach. I am not a great fan of Sven and am baffled by his selection decisions every time he names a squad.
3) The players. As a Gooner, I can't really show any support to folk like Gray Neville and Danny Mills.

As you might have guessed, I'm not all that patriotic. In fact, I would rather watch France play at Euro 2004 just cos they play much better football and there are very few players there who I dislike.

mike

world cup for me. Just cos we aint won it for over 40 years, after being cheated by maradonna. Would unite the nation, and something that you could share with everyone in the country. I know we aint won the champions league, but for me winning the world cup is so much mroe special. A competition that comes around every four years instead of every 1. Players only get about 4 cracks at it at best. I think the players themselves would say the world cup too.

Biggus

Established Member
I am only ever worried that the Arsenal players will do badly for them or get injured.

Heh Heh well said jc8gooner during the upcomming France/England clash I'm sure we'll all be biting our nails and not because we really care about the result :shock:

mike said:
World cup for me. Just cos we aint won it for over 40 years. Would unite the nation, and something that you could share with everyone in the country. I know we aint won the champions league, but for me winning the world cup is so much mroe special.

Despite the fact I pay no real attention to the internationals, nothing can beat the excitement that grips the nation when the world cup is on. So agree with ur points, if England won the World Cup the country would turn into one massive long party!

Jinn

Established Member
I'd enjoy it more if Arsenal won the CL, but I think if I was a player, I'd rather win the world cup.

And if you win a World Cup, chances are you might have won a CL medal too!

Only happens every 4 years!

Jasper

I am not a fans of many national sides anymore. Since, the war on terrorism.

At club level no boundaries exists, only money and ability is needed to play for a club. For a national side you have to be a so so citizen of a so so country. National pride takes precedence over what all of us actually are. We are all people, humans.

I think terrorism has made me think that we should live together in peace and forget about racism, nationalism. I have been to so many countries and have many friends from other countries. I do not prefer one country to another.

Just my opinion.

Aussie

Established Member
ARSENAL ARSENAL ARSENAL

I live in Aus them winning the world cup :lol: :lol: That aint going to happen any time soon.

Are there many people in England who just go for the national side and no club team :?:

Soler

Established Member
Stim said:
Club before Country always.

Me too. Wouldn't cry if England lost to France in a quarter final but if Arsenal lost to Chelsea in this up coming CL final I'd pretty much hang myself.

World Cup can get stuffed for all I care.

kNiteMare

If you ask the players, i think they are more proud to play for the country than for a club (in competetive and important matches that is, not meaningless friendlies).

Because playing for the country and at the world cup is a much greater honour than even playing for the greatest club. Look at the Qatar thing, why would you think those players are willing to play? It's not just the money you know.

Andrew

Champions League anyday. But if Australia win the world cup then I'll take that. In fact, the question for some of us should be "Champions League or World Cup qualification?" ;)

seanconvey66

Who cares abt international football. No passion or pride unless playing a real rival. How can u hate people like the Nevilles or someone like Sheringham for there clubs but you are supposed to love them for there country, it dont work for me.

Ak

im not english,
wen it comes to football, arsenal are the only team i support,
in cricket INDIA, but thats a different matter...

Pat's missing Gerbil

bollox to international football.

I dont care about a country more than Arsenal.

England, France or Australia (get in there you Ozzies) stuff them.

I want every great Arsenal player dropped from his country and everybody in the Arsenal reserves to then gets a run out in his country's first team. Just to make that Arsenal player better.

I dont spend a day sweating about England's next result. For Arsenal we win today, but I know tomorrow I will only care about the next game's success. I will worry about the next step, the difficulties faced, and what happened last year or seasons before against the same team. I dont want my players playing for england, france or brazil. I want them to play for Arsenal. I want them to rest during meaningless friendlies, or if they have to, just play an easy half. I dont care if they score for their country, but I care that they scored.

International football should be a summer time folly. A tournament too far and lost as usual, and please get out of it early. A run out not a burn out.

For real passion, pleasure, and perfection I support Arsenal Football Club. The perfection is the latest edition and I am not sure that I truely understand all this fantasy football. Sometimes you have to pinch yourself and understand that Terry Neill, Bruce Rioch, & George are no longer in the dug out. It has happened. What we watch today is stuff that we will tell our kids about. Pinch yourself, watch it and remind yourself this is Arsenal. One day it will be gone.

Bollocks to international football

and a big Hello to heaven in a red and white shirt

Arsenal Quotes

I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom