• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Irreversible

brady

No, no, I don't mean that this magnificent team that has given me so much pleasure these two seasons is sliding into oblivion. Its just that having woken up only at half time, I watched the rest of the match live and the bitter ending before I decided to rewind the video (see I am always prepared for something like this, having previously missed the '89 Anfield decider due to an inability to rouse myself in the middle of the nigth) and watched an Arsenal team in happier times, even if it was just 45 minutes ago. It helped a bit but the edginess of the team from the FA Cup was still very much in evidence.

We are a team that relies a great deal on rhythmn and Chelsea did their best to throw us off. They had obviously watched how United frustrated us just a few days earlier. We played better tonight but the fluency was not quite there and everything was just a little too fast, too frenetic.

It has got to be a massive disappointment but the first order of business is to get back to winning ways. Liverpool and Newcastle will be smelling blood now and there will be no room for those who can't get their chins off their chests. Winning the league will still make it a great season.

If we are to learn anything from this hiccup, it must be that there are key moments in a season that at the moment, may not seem all that important but which assume a massive significance later. That moment came when Saha equalised against us in the League. Winning that game would have been a tremendous boost that would carry over into the next few games. Drawing was not bad but it introduced self-doubt, and provided belief to teams that were looking for the slightest hint of weakness in our all-conquering season up to that point.

Now we have to throw down the gauntlet again. If CHelsea wants to win the league, they will have to do it the hard way. There will be no more gifts from us

Arsenal Quotes

"Maybe we'll have a good surprise for you"

Arsène hints at transfer activity a day before the arrival of Mesut Özil

Latest posts

Top Bottom