• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Is Haaland the best PL talent of all time?

Keplaz

This is spot on. Haaland is a physical freak with a super human understanding of where the space is in the box. In a good team with footballers who can see gaps he will score.

This isn’t about the physicality of the league because he eludes you and runs into spaces. His mobility allows him to reach balls others can only dream off.

He isn’t as technically gifted as a lot of former greats but still has great technique and natural finishing ability. And he has great mentality and determination. In a team where you have players with vision, he will score goals.

You have to stop him moving but City has so many other threats. He’d score anywhere but not at the same rate. He has a very specific skill set. His numbers may end up being the best in the history of the game but to me he will never be better than R9.

R9 was a one off.

D

Deleted member 102404

This is spot on. Haaland is a physical freak with a super human understanding of where the space is in the box. In a good team with footballers who can see gaps he will score.

This isn’t about the physicality of the league because he eludes you and runs into spaces. His mobility allows him to reach balls others can only dream off.

He isn’t as technically gifted as a lot of former greats but still has great technique and natural finishing ability. And he has great mentality and determination. In a team where you have players with vision, he will score goals.

You have to stop him moving but City has so many other threats. He’d score anywhere but not at the same rate. He has a very specific skill set. His numbers may end up being the best in the history of the game but to me he will never be better than R9.

R9 was a one off.

I agree.

He's obviously an incredible finisher - some of the finishes off the studs at a stretch this season have been brilliant. But, he does have a fairly specific and limited skill set - even though what he is good at he is off the charts at.

Don't think he'll be considered at the level of some of the great footballers of the past like Messi, Ronaldo, Brazilian Ronaldo, Maradona etc.

It's a bit like comparing a Shearer to Bergkamp in a different era. Shearer scored a shed load more goals but I'd take Dennis over him all day long.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Yup, generational talent. We will sit here come may, staring at his 60+ goals, and then we can debate wether he has “limited skill set”
What a load of ol balony

D

Deleted member 102404

Yup, generational talent. We will sit here come may, staring at his 60+ goals, and then we can debate wether he has “limited skill set”
What a load of ol balony
Didn't Clive Allan get like 50 goals in a season?
More recently didn't Larsson get 53 in 50 games in one season for Celtic?
Maybe we should just wait to see if he can maintain his current goal rate - sure if he does over a season or two there's no doubt he'll be justified being called a generational talent.

The best PL talent of all time, though (thread question).
Don't think he'll ever be that - or at least it depends on what you look for when assessing talent.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Maybe we should just wait to see if he can maintain his current goal rate - sure if he does over a season or two there's no doubt he'll be justified being called a generational talent.

Don't think he'll ever be that - or at least it depends on what you look for when assessing talent.

My guy this robot had 20g in 50 for Molde, 29g in 27 for Salzburg, 86g in 89 for BVB and now 19g in 12 for Man City all while absolutely smashing records left and right.

There's nothing else he can do to justify being called a generational talent.

D

Deleted member 102404

My guy this robot had 20g in 50 for Molde, 29g in 27 for Salzburg, 86g in 89 for BVB and now 19g in 12 for Man City all while absolutely smashing records left and right.

There's nothing else he can do to justify being called a generational talent.
Lewondowski's goal rate in the Bundesliga for Bayern is similar and over a much longer period. Is he a generational talent? If you would categorise him as so then I get your classification at this stage for Haaland.

Now let me be clear - if he played for Arsenal, obviously he would be a generational talent in my eyes.:thumbsup:

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

No one knows or cares who Clive Allan is.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
He’s obviously generational that’s barely a talking point anymore. I would wait till end of the season though, let’s see how many he ultimately gets. My estimate is around 40-50 in all comps.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I think he would be amazing for any club in the world but it would have been interesting to see his stats right now if he didnt go City, Haaland at City is like playing on easy mode.

When comparing him to the best players ever in the PL I'm under the impression that all of them would have exploded like he has.

To be fair though he has done it at a young age and with immediate impact unlike some of the others.
Think he’d be top scorer in the league at Liverpool, Us and maybe even Chelsea.

Putting him at the top of the city machine is just ridiculous though.

GDeep™

League is very weak
He’s a machine though, and add him to City and you’re looking at an unstoppable player.

You’ll say only injuries slows him down. Seems too zoned in to be affected by women, partying, money etc.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I’ll take a 22 year old Ronaldo though, he could do everything - score, create, set pieces, individuality etc. Halaand is still reliant on service you say.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

He’s a machine though, and add him to City and you’re looking at an unstoppable player.

You’ll say only injuries slows him down. Seems too zoned in to be affected by women, partying, money etc.

Him and Ronaldo have that dog in them

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

He’s obviously generational that’s barely a talking point anymore. I would wait till end of the season though, let’s see how many he ultimately gets. My estimate is around 40-50 in all comps.

Breaking 40 would be incredible. Even when the PL was like 42 games no one came close.

On course for 66 right now :lol:

Injuries look the only thing that’ll stop him getting that many. He’s scoring against everyone. Undefendable.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Breaking 40 would be incredible. Even when the PL was like 42 games no one came close.

On course for 66 right now :lol:

Injuries look the only thing that’ll stop him getting that many. He’s scoring against everyone. Undefendable.
Helps when you’re playing for City though. I don’t think he’s breaking records at Arsenal or Utd.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Helps when you’re playing for City though. I don’t think he’s breaking records at Arsenal or Utd.

Yeah but everywhere he’s gone he’s smashed them in.

Scored at Anfield within minutes after coming off the bench for Salzburg. Full of plumbers that side.

Banged them in against PSG in like his first CL game for Dortmund. He’d do it anywhere.

Got that dog in him 🐕🔥

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
pretty sick he has £170, release clause tbh. Guy is gonna get 50+ this year unless injured, maybe even 60.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
If someone told you to create the perfect striker in a lab , you couldn't even think up someone like Haaland.

The only thing that is really stopping him is injuries

His scoring rate will slow down as teams adapt but just through his physical attributes he can dominate teams.
The perfect striker already existed and was considerably better than Haaland. Let's calm down.
Happy World Cup GIF by FIFA

Arsenal Quotes

You are loved when you’re born, you’re loved when you die, and in between you have to manage

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom