• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

It werent the northerners it was....

• Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date
  • Replies 24
  • Views 752
A

Anonymous

****ING REFS !!!

Once again i have bared witness to a referee screwing england. And it now leads me to thinking is there some sort of anti england conspiracy theory. **** all this JFK and moon landing theorys, this one is huge and has been happening for years. Heres a brief list of times where my country have been outrightly screwed and knocked out a competition.

1. Maradona hand of god.
2. 1998 v argies, sols winning goal disallowed
3. 1998 v argies, simeones dive to win penalty
4. 1998 v argies, refs overeacted to send becks off.
5. 2004 v portugal, sols goal disallowed.

As blatant as maradonas hand of god, sol campbels goal last night was clearly a goal, no foul and just a poor refereeing decision. He chose wrongly in favour of the home team, he we been anywhere else he would of given it a goal. **** all this "england played bad" ****, portugal didnt score more than us, and we scored the winner and once again have been robbed out of a major competition.
This arnt minor refereeing mistakes, these all resulted in us being knocked out of the tornament when we were destined to go through. There are many other incidents but i cant be arsed going through them. I also cant think of many times were the ref has been on our side? 1966 geoff hurst goal, no wait, that did actually cross the line (incase any of you were planning on bringin that up)

Looks like another dramatic way for england to go out, as always, if we dont go out dramtically and controversially we are just not england. I am proud to be english, and proud of our performance. We were robbed.

EIE

KingReyes

Established Member
I can understand your rant Guv, England really do have it bad with refs in major tournaments.

One thing Guv, Simeone's dive got Becks sent off. Not a penalty.

Sammer

Established Member
Don´t blame it on the ref - Terry holding the keeper with one arm down would have been the same decision in every other european league (besides the EPL :wink: ).

If England would have played a better game - fair enough - but Portugal deserved to go through

Aussie

Established Member
Sammer i dont rekon Terry hardly touched the keeper. If anything it was SOL holsing TERRY.

KingReyes

Established Member
Sammer said:
Don´t blame it on the ref - Terry holding the keeper with one arm down would have been the same decision in every other european league (besides the EPL :wink: ).

If England would have played a better game - fair enough - but Portugal deserved to go through

I think Portugal did play the better football, but when you look at it England seem to be a bit unlucky with Refs. they could have won last night despite being second best, but thats football.. eh!

Sammer

Established Member
Aussie said:
Sammer i dont rekon Terry hardly touched the keeper. If anything it was SOL holsing TERRY.

Disagree. They played it over and over on german TV last night (even this morning) from every angle. It was Terry blocking the portugese keeper, who admittedly took advantage of that.

It´s a goal in the EPL, but not a goal in most other european leagues.

A

Anonymous

One thing Guv, Simeone's dive got Becks sent off. Not a penalty.
Simeone dived twice, one for their penalty, then later in the game for becks to get sent off.
As for the disallowed goal last night, the linesman - who had a perfect view - ran back to the half way line, he thought it was a goal. Everyone thought it was a goal, sol knocked into terry. Terry may of touched the keeper, but nothing much. It was a goal with any other red in the world. We were robbed again.
EIE

beanz

Sammer, if a player is in the way, it,s hardly "blocking", Terry was being pushed down by Sol as he jumped & had every right to be there, keepers don't have a divine right to the penalty area; only to handling the ball in it.
If the keeper can't get to the ball because someones in the way thats just part of the game. :mrgreen:

Aussie

Established Member
Instead of blaming someone else every time you get knocked out of a major tournament maybe you should look at how you lost the game and not just one desion. Overall you didnt deserve to win. Why? Well because you didnt even attempt to go for the second goal once you had one.They had 70% of possesion a goal was always coming. Your midfield was ****e and didnt create anything. You will never improve if you continually blame something that is out of your control.

Sammer

Established Member
Aussie said:
Instead of blaming someone else every time you get knocked out of a major tournament maybe you should look at how you lost the game and not just one desion. Overall you didnt deserve to win. Why? Well because you didnt even attempt to go for the second goal once you had one.They had 70% of possesion a goal was always coming. Your midfield was s***e and didnt create anything. You will never improve if you continually blame something that is out of your control.

Good point, Aussie.

I can´t believe that it´s the ref all of a sudden. The game only went in one direction for 90 minutes.

I can´t believe how passive the England side was yesterday - where was that grit, fighting for every ball.

Deco and Figo just walked through the english midfield as it did not exist.
Sorry, but Portugal deserved to win - and there is no one else to blame for but 9 English players (with the exception of cole and Ash).

A

Anonymous

That ref is a muppet.

You can tell he is a shirt lifter aswell with that blond beard. He and that anders frisk are an item I bet.

But he cost us at the end of the day. We didnt play well, but they didnt take their chances and we did. We should be in the semi's but becasue of this mug we are out.

Gutted.

Andrew

Aussie said:
Same old England always whinging :wink:

Sammer said:

My thoughts exactly... I wish I could say that it was a fair goal but quite simply it wasn't.

Henry IV

Typical English whining. They were beaten by the better team and getting to a penalty shootout really flattered England.

patrick42uk

Established Member
Aussie said:
Instead of blaming someone else every time you get knocked out of a major tournament maybe you should look at how you lost the game and not just one desion. Overall you didnt deserve to win. Why? Well because you didnt even attempt to go for the second goal once you had one.They had 70% of possesion a goal was always coming. Your midfield was s***e and didnt create anything. You will never improve if you continually blame something that is out of your control.

good post. in the short term, blaming anyone else but yourselves might make you feel better but it doesnt help in the long run. england's failure to win a major trophy in 40 odd years is not down to poor refereeing.

Aussie

Established Member
England need to take the saftey catch of the gun. What ever happened to backing your self in. Rather than just sitting back so deep you are almost in David Jame's pockets.

Gurgen

Established Member
I saw the replay today and in the close up when Ashley Cole cleared that ball from the goalline (can't remember who shot it) is was over the line so it was a goal for Portugal, disallowed as well. So please stop whining.

Biggus

Established Member
I can understand your rant Guv, England really do have it bad with refs in major tournaments

I can't..thats nonsense the English always need an excuse, if you'd played the game you'd know you win and lose as a team

That ref is a muppet.

Err Mike Riley anyone

You can tell he is a shirt lifter aswell with that blond beard. He and that anders frisk are an item I bet.

Anders Frisk is an exellent ref.... hes reported RvN

http://www4.sbs.com.au/home/index.php3?id=47740

If you want to look at shirtlifters read Bonzors post shocking pics

Arsenal Quotes

As a club, we have an educational purpose: to give back to those people who love Arsenal so that they learn moral values from our game and how we behave.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom