• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

It's going to be a busy two weeks.

Arsenal316

Starting October 30th, Arsenal play four matches in 11/12 days (Depending on when we host Everton). However, it is fortunate that we are at home for three of the four games, and only have to go across town to face Crystal Palace.

Host Southampton October 30th
Host Panathinaikos November 2nd
Go to Crystal Palace November 6th
Host Everton November 9th/10th

We haven't had this type of fixture congestion yet so far this season. But now that the Carling Cup is in play, it's going to get tough. Add to that WC Qualifiers, and our FA Cup matches starting in January, things are going to be hectic.

More often than not, players usually pick up injuries when they are forced to play too many games in a short period of time, or if they are forced to play hurt.

Now I'm sure that there are a few of our players that are NOT playing at 100%. The last thing we need is for them to burnout or make their injuries worse. Rotation players should see some more action in the next few matches. More Pennant, Flamini, Clichy, Van Persie, etc. I hope Gilberto's back will be fully healed soon.

Injuries will play a huge role as to the outcome of this season. It's upcoming periods like this where injuries tend to happen the most. May good luck be on our side for the next 12 days, and hopefully for the rest of the season.

Ridge

oh i m so pissed. i'll be going to my graduation trip on 2nd November to 10th November. that means i will miss 3 live games. duh.

Mark

Established Member
It is looking busy, but thankfully the opposition is not too challenging, touch wood. I reckon we will get through this. The Everton game won't be first-teamers anyway and isn't that important.

AFCG7

Established Member
Its not so bad when you take into account the Evertone game, where most of the team will include players not involved in the other matches.. and we could still rest one or two players from the starting lineup against Palace.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Yeah. I really think this fixture list isn't too bad, and considering the season is still fairly young I feel tired legs will not fit into the equation. But later on in the season, and with bigger matches I feel we could be in trouble. But luckily Everton is the Carling Cup and will not conatin first teamers and against Southampton and Palace I feel we will see a few fringe players like Pennant and RvP.

It's not only us but then again is anyone really worried after last nights performance by the kids?

Even with injuries we have a whole bunch of kids biting to get some action at the top level. I think there will be a few surprises but not to mention the first team will gain some inspiration and confidence from seeing the youth do the business at the scene of the last crime, or 15 minutes away from it.

Arsenal Quotes

Religiously, it is said that God created man. I am only a guide. I allow others to express what they have in them. I have not created anything. I am a facilitator of what is beautiful in man.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom