• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

It's official: Viera to stay at Arsenal!!

calvinngai88

Well, Wenger and Dein were resigned to lose Vieira 24 hours before the deadline that Wenger gave to Vieira, and there came Vieira knocking at Wenger's house door and announcing that he's staying. Before that, Vieira called Henry on Thursday evening to confirm that his love and passion is with Arsenal and does not bear to leave. :D

Sol man

Sigun said:
at the end of the day his decided to stay at arsenal.....if he really wanted to leave it would have happend.

Plus Wenger said that no bid had been accepted, so Madrid could not have offered Vieira a wage. All of Madrids conduct was proper according to Wenger.
Where did you read that. Wenger said in the press confrence that There was no problems with the fee for the player between the clubs and that as far as he knew there was no contract disagreements with Vieira and Madrid.

Alexone234

Real have really tried, but I don't think they'll come back next summer. He has rebuffed them at the nth hour in front of the press, it is a major embarrassment for Perez and I don't think he'll come back.

calvinngai88

Alexone234 said:
Real have really tried, but I don't think they'll come back next summer. He has rebuffed them at the nth hour in front of the press, it is a major embarrassment for Perez and I don't think he'll come back.

Perez will definitely come back for Vieira. He would be jeered if he doesn't continue to bid for Vieira, and will even lose the next presidential elections for Madrid if he doesn't get Vieira by hook or by crook. But I'm sure Vieira will still stay. :lol:

KingReyes

Established Member
Alexone234 said:

I think you're right Alex, I can't see Perez coming back in for Vieira. I think he has that mentality of , you had yor chance to come and said No.

bobbypires

Established Member
calvinngai88 said:
Everything was made up by the media.
Yesterday Spanish tv station Antena3 (they were the first who said Paddy negotiations were broken) said something about this. They showed a 15 seconds video of Vieira's press conference and after that the tv presenter said: "And now he will say that all was created by the media".

Well, I've never heard him saying he loves R.Madrid.

johe

I think Arseblog is being a tad cynical there. He is only a human like the rest of us, humans make mistakes, humans do wrong things. He had every right to think through his supposed transfer to Real Madrid. It may not be the first time, but think of it; he is not an Arsenal fan born and bred, and when an all time European great comes along, you sure as hell can't expect him to react the same way that we fans would have. We took him out of nowhere to greatness - and he has repaid us with 8 wonderful years, and more still to come. Unlike that **** Anelka who just ditched us when Real came along. Vieira thought long and hard and finally said: Arsenal is the place to be, the place for me. I will be better off here than in Madrid. End of.

quattro

in the end he chose arsenal over the glamour of madrid. he sure took his time to make up his mind, but like i said before in another thread, this is a very big decision to make. this is probably the last chance he will ever get to join real. i dont really know why joining real madrid is so lucrative but the truth is IT IS. vieira has probably just closed the door to any path leading to madrid.

im confident that he is committed. now more than ever. i haven't read all the news yet but i believe the statements saying that this wasn't about money. he stays because he has weighed his footballing options, his career and his desire... in the end he believes it is HERE that he can fulfill his dreams best. good on patrick vieira, you have made me a very happy gooner.

now lets get down to business!

Sol man

johe said:
I think Arseblog is being a tad cynical there. He is only a human like the rest of us, humans make mistakes, humans do wrong things. He had every right to think through his supposed transfer to Real Madrid. It may not be the first time, but think of it; he is not an Arsenal fan born and bred, and when an all time European great comes along, you sure as hell can't expect him to react the same way that we fans would have. We took him out of nowhere to greatness - and he has repaid us with 8 wonderful years, and more still to come. Unlike that **** Anelka who just ditched us when Real came along. Vieira thought long and hard and finally said: Arsenal is the place to be, the place for me. I will be better off here than in Madrid. End of.
So why is it such a mystery to some of you when fans don't react well to the way paddy has treated the situation. To me this is nothing to do with his carear decision but the way he has treated the matter. I respected Overmars because when he left he was true to the fans.

Sol man

quattro said:
in the end he chose arsenal over the glamour of madrid. he sure took his time to make up his mind, but like i said before in another thread, this is a very big decision to make. this is probably the last chance he will ever get to join real. i dont really know why joining real madrid is so lucrative but the truth is IT IS. vieira has probably just closed the door to any path leading to madrid.
What will happen if Madrid approach him next year? Will he stay silent for another two months to think about it?

quattro

So why is it such a mystery to some of you when fans don't react well to the way paddy has treated the situation. To me this is nothing to do with his carear decision but the way he has treated the matter. I respected Overmars because when he left he was true to the fans.
thats not fair. are you saying that vieira should have said that he wanted to go to real some time during this fiasco, and then do a u-turn? the guy was obviously thinking about it no question. but how could he have treated this situation "better" when he was actually undecided all that time?

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
there is still only one reason that has been given by the club or Paddy himself for him remaining... and that is his love for the club.... yeah yeah yeah, a lot of you are all pissy about how he was silent, etc, etc... a lot of you are still convinced it was because he didnt leave because Real didnt want to pay him enough (and no Sol Man, not talking about you on this one) but he gave his reason for staying... and in taking his reason at face value, why doesnt he deserve to kiss the badge? he claims he loves the club... that is what kissing the badge is all about.... at least to me...

Sol man

quattro said:
thats not fair. are you saying that vieira should have said that he wanted to go to real some time during this fiasco, and then do a u-turn? the guy was obviously thinking about it no question. but how could he have treated this situation "better" when he was actually undecided all that time?
He should have said that he was thinking about his future instead of staying quiet. We understand when a team llike real come in for a player and its not an easy decision. If he had came out and just be honest about what was going on then we would have all respected it.

dynasty

Last years was just a rumour. There was nothing concrete. There were no negotiations and no one publicly confessed about any deals so stop using last year as an excuse. No one is telling paddy to die for the job. A little honesty with the fans would not hurt. I find it hard to see why why some fans don't see why others feel angry about Paddys behaviour. If you are a real supporter you will understand why people do not like the way he has treated the fans.

Fair enough last year was rumour.. but seriously if he let his contract end and not sign a new contract you really dont think teams from spain, italy and even england wouldnt give him so much money?? he signed knowing there was so much potential money he was going to lose.. fair enough about security and all and he might get injured...but i bet on the fact even if he had a 6 month injury he would have still gotten a bigger contract than the one given by us because of signing on fees...
he kept his silence because he didnt know what to say..he couldnt say he really wanted to stay...he couldnt say he really wanted to go..so what should he say???
whats this if your a real supporter???i think its fair to say that everybody who goes to messgeboard and talks about arsenal must be a real supporter[/quote]

quattro

He should have said that he was thinking about his future instead of staying quiet.
what good will that do? if he said two weeks ago that he is at the moment thinking of going to real madrid, how is that different from him staying mum? also, that will have been a PR disaster for arsenal! imagine, our captain proclaiming to everyone that he IS thinking of moving.

i still stand that keeping quiet was the best way to go, especially when he didn't have anything concrete or final to say anyway. its hard for the fans... but it wouldn't have been easier if he revealed his thoughts about wanting to move but NOT yet making the decision.

people will always draw conclusions. again, the hardest part of these past few weeks for fans was NOT vieira's silence, it was the thought of him moving to madrid because he thought he can't win the CL here. THAT is why we were pissed. him making public his indecision by saying he is thinking about it will not have made things easier for us. in fact i think it would have made it harder for gooners and easier for madrid. that would have put even more pressure on the club.

A

Anonymous

He should have said that he was thinking about his future instead of staying quiet. We understand when a team llike real come in for a player and its not an easy decision. If he had came out and just be honest about what was going on then we would have all respected it.[/quote]

yeah right if he said that you probably would have turned on him worse
nothin ever satisfies ****s like u

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Maybe it's difficult for some here to understand, but Madrid, hate them or not, are a massive club.

I don't understand why some here keep going on about the wages, if Paddy had really wanted to leave Arsenal, wouldn't he have gone no matter the offer? Madrid weren't offering him £250 p/wk!

Why can't some of you accept that he might have changed his mind? After all, Paddy is a bit of a changeable character, isn't he? :wink:

Imagine as he sits in his house, all his stuff boxed up, medals, photos, he thinks about never being coached by le boss again. He thinks about only seeing Thierry and Rob at international get togethers, he thinks about never playing with Sol and Ashley again- well, why wouldn't he stay? :lol: Especially when you factor in his settled private life. With the emphasis on private. Private in a way it would never have been in Madrid.

I don't think you can blame anyone for considering their career opportunities, what's important is that for us and himself, he made the right decision. No matter how long it took.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Oh and Lee Dixon said on Football Focus this morning, that "dressing room is flying now...Wenger is a genius!"

So, maybe the positive end to this saga will have a huge psychological impact on us, and sow some seeds of doubt into the minds of all those associated with Chelsea and Man U

Arsenal Quotes

This is a big moment of happiness...we waited a long time for this and the happiness is linked sometimes with the suffering, and the time that you have to wait....this was more important than all the other (trophies) we have twice won the double, but were not under pressure then like we were today.

Arsène Wenger, on winning the 2014 FA Cup

Latest posts

Top Bottom